The Calgary Show at Pengrowth Saddledome

Loaded

just so everyone knows, Axl didnt get "wrapped up in the cables" during better. it happened right in front of me, his earpeice fucking SCREAMED so he ripped it out, and it got caught on his jeans for a second. he then came running back out at shot a straight up DEATH GLARE at the soundbooth, and did the 2nd half of the song without his earpiece.

Edited by RickRoses

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Review:

First off.... holy fuck!!

This entire trip was made in a single moment... during the last part of Street Of Dreams, Axl came running up the center runway (i was to the right of it, front row). He turns, and right before he sings "Is only memories..." we make eye contact, and lock eyes. we are basically singing right at each other! we sing the "only memories" line, and he gets a HUGE fuckin grin on his face, laughs a bit and does the rest of the song. you can see it a little bit in this video. At that part he is literally right in front of me.

- After the show, they came out to do the bows, they had about 3 chicks bring out trays of tequila (the also did this when they brought out Bubbles) and they threw some shotglasses out into the crowd, and I got Tommys.

This was, without a doubt, the experience of a fucking lifetime.

I noticed the way he sang "is only memories" in the video! awesome! sounds like you had a killer time!

and those chicks.. they hot? lol

was at the saddledome last night for the show. the sound at the saddledome, simply put blows. most of the show you could barley hear axls voice over the instrumental....great show nonetheless, but here's hoping for a better sound quality tonight at rexall place. rexall is known for this good acoustics

OMFG

Just back from Calgary. Those were the best 3 hours of my life. Axl FUCKING Rose (and the rest of them) nailed EVERY SINGLE SONG. He looked so damn happy too.

Edmonton show starting in a few hours!!

was at the saddledome last night for the show. the sound at the saddledome, simply put blows. most of the show you could barley hear axls voice over the instrumental....great show nonetheless, but here's hoping for a better sound quality tonight at rexall place. rexall is known for this good acoustics

Where were you seating? I was on the floor and the sound was awesome.

My Review:

This entire trip was made in a single moment... during the last part of Street Of Dreams, Axl came running up the center runway (i was to the right of it, front row). He turns, and right before he sings "Is only memories..." we make eye contact, and lock eyes. we are basically singing right at each other! we sing the "only memories" line, and he gets a HUGE fuckin grin on his face, laughs a bit and does the rest of the song. you can see it a little bit in this video. At that part he is literally right in front of me.

- After the show, they came out to do the bows, they had about 3 chicks bring out trays of tequila (the also did this when they brought out Bubbles) and they threw some shotglasses out into the crowd, and I got Tommys.

I noticed the way he sang "is only memories" in the video! awesome! sounds like you had a killer time!

and those chicks.. they hot? lol

well, they weren't ugly! haha!

yea, he's smiling and laughing while he's singing it!

just thought i'd throw this out there too, before the show, i walked into this place called Recordland, and bought the "Makin fuckin videos" trilogy on VHS for $25 combined after tax. pretty sweet.

Also:: we got there at 3, there was one chick from Germany who had been there since 10, and 4 other chicks who had been there since 12. then a few minutes later 3 other people came, and we were the only ones there for a while. they originally had the floor entrance down low but they had to move it, so what happened was one of the venue employees was totally cool, she came out and said "ok, these people were here first, mark their hands". they let us in and got us through the security check and everything before anyone else at the show was allowed in, so that way, when the doors opened we were already throught the security and could just bolt it to the front row! thank you, saddledome lady, for making my epic experience just that much better.

just so everyone knows, Axl didnt get "wrapped up in the cables" during better. it happened right in front of me, his earpeice fucking SCREAMED so he ripped it out, and it got caught on his jeans for a second. he then came running back out at shot a atraight up DEATH GLARE at the soundbooth, and did the 2nd half of the song without his earpiece.

That's nice. :) Axl was obviously in high spirits as that incident might have ended differently...

E.g. like this:

I was in 226, and it was brutal. i figured there had to be somewhere in the arena that sounded good. a buddy of mine was in 216, and he said it was crap sound there too. too much echoing, and the bass was totally over powering axls voice for 80% of the show. this I love, kohd, and patience were really the only songs where I could clearly hear axl.

just so everyone knows, Axl didnt get "wrapped up in the cables" during better. it happened right in front of me, his earpeice fucking SCREAMED so he ripped it out, and it got caught on his jeans for a second. he then came running back out at shot a atraight up DEATH GLARE at the soundbooth, and did the 2nd half of the song without his earpiece.

That's nice. :) Axl was obviously in high spirits as that incident might have ended differently...

E.g. like this:

Haha... he might even hava a shorter fuse than Axl, thankfully he seems to hold back (most of the time).

I was in 226, and it was brutal. i figured there had to be somewhere in the arena that sounded good. a buddy of mine was in 216, and he said it was crap sound there too. too much echoing, and the bass was totally over powering axls voice for 80% of the show. this I love, kohd, and patience were really the only songs where I could clearly hear axl.

the sound on the floor was REALLY good, i was surprised.... kinda sucks you guys couldnt hear him, i could hear axl clearly the whole time.....

My Review:

cant really do a whole review now.... here are the highlights:

- Me and Axl singin' S.O.D.

- After November Rain, Ron starts jammin and the rest of the band joins in. Axl starts bangin on the piano and gets his foot on it, and actually kicks the camera off the top of the piano. After the jam he picks it up and makes funny faces into it.

- After Chinese, he says "So... my people, forgot me at the hotel! So i had to take a cab here - second slowest cab i've ever been in! the only one that was slower than this one was in arizona, the only time that guy went fast is when we got to the parking lot and the crowd goes "THERE HE IS!" -- right into Jungle

- The setlist was amazing, Axl sang the Shackler's chorus differently than on the album, and it sounded great! he sounded amazing the whole night!!

you lucky son of a bitch..

MAN, i wish i was there :P looks like you had fun ^^

you have to post a picture of the shot glass!

My Review:

- After November Rain, Ron starts jammin and the rest of the band joins in. Axl starts bangin on the piano and gets his foot on it, and actually kicks the camera off the top of the piano. After the jam he picks it up and makes funny faces into it.

- After Chinese, he says "So... my people, forgot me at the hotel! So i had to take a cab here - second slowest cab i've ever been in! the only one that was slower than this one was in arizona, the only time that guy went fast is when we got to the parking lot and the crowd goes "THERE HE IS!" -- right into Jungle

- The setlist was amazing, Axl sang the Shackler's chorus differently than on the album, and it sounded great! he sounded amazing the whole night!!

you lucky son of a bitch..

MAN, i wish i was there :P looks like you had fun ^^

you have to post a picture of the shot glass!

will do....

My Review:

Great review, glad you had such a great time rock3