The OFFICIAL Edmonton Show Thread - Jan,17/2010

Evil Ernie

[hey everyone... another fantastic show. The crowd was the most into it out of the three shows so far. Security was really tight again.. BUT i got some great screen shot and decent audio video for sorry, better, shacklers, the blues, madagascar, and this I love.... you'll be happy! I can't upload it tonight as I'm at my cousin's and he only has dial up.. but I'm back home in saskatoon tomorrow night and will upload all ASAP!

Very cool tkarmy and Evil Ernie, very much looking forward to seeing/hearing this stuff!

Edited by Let And Let Live

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hey everyone... another fantastic show. The crowd was the most into it out of the three shows so far. Security was really tight again.. BUT i got some great screen shot and decent audio video for sorry, better, shacklers, the blues, madagascar, and this I love.... you'll be happy! I can't upload it tonight as I'm at my cousin's and he only has dial up.. but I'm back home in saskatoon tomorrow night and will upload all ASAP!

Glad you had a great time man.

I know this sounds a bit sad but someone was bound to ask, any news on this whole non Slash t-shirt thing?

Can't wait to see your videos.

Edited by plonker88

AMAZING! GREAT! FUCKING AWESOME CONCERT! Crowd and sound were better than in Calgary! Fuck you Calgary!! rock3

Thank you GNR for making this the best weekend of my life. Axl was GREAT, better than ever, and the other guys fucking rock: 4tus, Stinson, Ashba, Bumblefoot, Ferrer are fucking geniuses and fit in this band perfectly. Pittman did some great backing vocals too.

rock3rock4 rock2 rock1

Edited by RocketKing99

Just got home, it was a really good show. Axl sounded better than I expected, even on This I Love. Axl had almost nothing to say all night, but he seemed to be in a good mood anyway. Whole Lotta Rosie was a nice surprise and sounded excellent. I would have preferred Prostitute or Catcher over some of the other new tunes, but I'm impressed with the length of the shows they're playing these days. The only part of the set that didn't flow very well was This I Love leading into Nightrain. It just seemed like an awkward choice at that point in the show.

Just got home, it was a really good show. Axl sounded better than I expected, even on This I Love. Axl had almost nothing to say all night, but he seemed to be in a good mood anyway. Whole Lotta Rosie was a nice surprise and sounded excellent. I would have preferred Prostitute or Catcher over some of the other new tunes, but I'm impressed with the length of the shows they're playing these days. The only part of the set that didn't flow very well was This I Love leading into Nightrain. It just seemed like an awkward choice at that point in the show.

from what i seen so far, axl is in fine form. he looks relaxed and the band sounds tight and smooth. i'm sure you guys will load up some better qual vids - thumbsup.gif

went to both edmonton and calgary shows, and edmonton was by far the better show, from acoustics to the way the setlist was put together, to energy through the fans, to the band. both great shows, but edmonton show totally beat the shit out of the calgary show.

from what i seen so far, axl is in fine form. he looks relaxed and the band sounds tight and smooth. i'm sure you guys will load up some better qual vids - thumbsup.gif

Agreed. I'm loving Axl on this tour so far. He's relaxed, performing great, looks great, band is tighter than a 16 year olds pussy, he's coming out ON TIME (still longer than most bands), he's twittering.... hell someone throws something at him and he cracks a joke...

I watched Fernando take this picture. I knew it was going on twitter as soon as I saw him take it...

Both him and Beta could be seen standing at the side of the stage. I was gonna get a picture, but than I thought that would be lame...

i wonder if they'll add australia to the tour, is there any word on this?

The rumors we have so far suggests Europe in the summer, US in late summer/fall..

It's anyone's guess, but could fit in between South America and Europe, or after the US.

thanks, will just have to listen out. hopefully it all plays out well for them and they decide to come.

Does anyone know why DJ Ashba did this :fuckyou: to a fan at the beginning (I think it was during Better)????

Didn't see that...

I did notice him point something out to Axl in the crowd while Axl was singing. It seemed like he wanted to show him something that the fan had, but when he pointed it out to Axl DJ was like "What? Now you don't wanna show it?" And that was the last of that. Maybe the two are connected...

Also, at one point Axl looked at the floor of the stage, said "Wtf is that" and than seemed to kick it away. I can only imagine...

Sorry guys. My internet connection keeps dying... I moved my laptop to a slightly better spot to receive uninterrupted wifi signal....

spoke with JJcardi and he basically said it was the greatest experience of his life. more on that later, im sure.

edit. i should just blatantly make up things since he isnt here to defend himself.

he said he met a really nice guy there, things happened.

Edited by Jackie Moon

"Especially stunning was a version of Set Me Free (relatively) early in the night. Axl knew he nailed it, even took a bow afterwards."

Errrrrrrrrrrrr....

Not exactly the most credible review then.

Set Me Free...??

Hahaha, epic fail.

I assume he means 'Sorry' ... I had to think about that for awhile...

I assume he means 'Sorry' ... I had to think about that for awhile...

You're right. It must be ¨Sorry¨.

Very good review.

¨The 47-year-old Axl sang like a champ. His musicians were amazing. So was the stage production. It’s early, but this might have been the best rock show of 2010.¨