TMZ: Slash gear banned from GNR concert

kropotkin

not confirmed by anyone except an unknown source so no it aint true

Oh, for heaven's sake. I can't believe you're still in denial.

I spoke to the security manager, and he confirmed it to me.

I'm guessing TMZ spoke to the same person. If you make the right calls and speak to the person who headed security that night, he will confirm everything in great detail.

I can't believe some of you are still trying to pretend it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Now, the question that remains - Has someone in the GNR camp stopped instructing security to do this at other shows, given the enormous negative feedback this policy got? Who knows. But, that's what we don't know at this point.

**And No - I did not tip off TMZ about this, in case anyone was wondering.

Did it happen to anyone on this forum who went to the show?

yes, several people from this forum saw this happen and posted it.

Please read through the other thread on this topic.

You people are fucking morons to not believe this.

Since myself and others reported this about the Winnipeg show, I've talked to people from the security team and this is 100% confirmed it came from Axl's camp and were instructed the day of the show to do this.

This is so fucking sad and wipe this shit out of your eyes.

I'm glad that the other shows are going well but I wish I wasn't at that poor excuse for a Winnipeg show.

OK. Start with the comments about what a loser I am blah blah blah and get back to kissing uncle Axl's ass.

I don't know about you being a loser, and for sure I'll be kissing no ass today or any other, but I have to ask exactly where you were seated at the Winnipeg show, because I was on the floor and the show was kickass. The only way I could see myself thinking the show was lame would be if I was at the back of the rink and it sounded like shit.

So why did the show suck for you? You seem bitter and agenda oriented.

Did they take away your Slash costume or something?

Congrats on your 25th post since '06, BTW!

Oh get real. Everyone except me, and like 5 other people here have agendas. Probably 99% of everyone here is a Slash or Axl nutkisser with an agenda. I wish it wasn't like that, because the tiny minority like me, who loves all the past members equally, have an almost impossible time having a good conversation. It's like, if you say something positive about Axl, the Slash guys say you're an Axl freak and if you say something positive about Slash, the brain washed Axl fans rip you a new one.

It's like, just because these grown men hate eachother doesn't mean we have to take sides as well.

Edited by Nintari

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was retweeted by Samantha Ronson:

capricecrane "Slash" gear was banned at a GNR show. Yet strangely? Axl wasn't banned from playing any of Slash's songs.

Sam Ronson is a good friend of Slash's and has about 1.5M followers. I guess it's travelling fast now.

It's like, just because these grown men hate eachother doesn't mean we have to take sides as well.

Amen. I never felt like I had to decide whether I'm an Axl or Slash fan, a nuGuns or old Guns fan. I'm a fan of both and all of it.

Some fans on this site get almost evangelistic about their loyalty to one or the other. That's okay though. No law against it. But I enjoy liking it all.

Have a read of this concert review from as recent as Sydney Australia 23 June 2007, it was posted on HTGTH (note the bolded section). Now after reading this surely the doubters can't suggest this was also securitys own decision? There has clearly been from time to time a decision made by someone within the GNR camp to run with this policy.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=45518.msg954623#msg954623

I posted this on another forum, so just a cross post (and let me just say that you guys would appreciate this more, but FUCK I am regretting not talking to Robin, FUCK FUCK FUCK... me and my damn nerves):

Tuesday night me and the mrs bought a whole box of different grog.. bourbon, scotch, vodka - it was party time. We went with our deck chairs to the ent cent and had a hard time sleeping i the fucking FREEZING COLD.

Woke up, a line started to form, mates came, started hitting the grog... acoustic guitars came down, people were giving us money to play requests and shit, it was just an amazingly good day.

Finally, we went in...

Rose Tattoo were solid, not entirely the best, but solid. Angry has a mean motherfuckin' stance on that stage, love it.

Baz came up next... right up the front, he was lookin straight at me when they played The Threat and I was singin' along. He wasn't as good as he was in Melb last year - a lot more screamy shit instead of chestal stuff, which was a tad disappointing, but it was still a rockin show.

Then Gunners came on and blew me the fuck away. Best concert I've ever seen. They played all 5 newies that I was hoping to see in the one night! The Chi Dem / Madagascar one two sucker punch for the start of the encore was amazing. The Blues live was fucking magical... and

AXL SOUNDED BETTER THAN EVER. Seriously, people actually thought he was lip synching... he blew Bach out of the water. Especially his renditions of Live and Let Die and Knockin' on Heavens Door.

The solos were fucking awesome... Robin's is a big bluesy piece called Sossego, Dizzy played Angie by the Stones, Richie came out and shredded a bit then was joined by Robin for some fun and Bumblefoot played some crazy ass tapping stuff then Don't Cry including vocal melody.

And Paradise City is just the most amazing rock & roll celebration live... everyone singing along, the light show, pyros, everything.

Both Melbourne nights were just as solid, but the Adelaide one was my favourite. They also played Rocket Queen in Melb on the Saturday night with Axl riding out on a push bike he'd bought that day, that was pretty schweet.

A classic Axl quote:

"I can't wait to get home and rip of Kylie Minogue's panties. *long silence* They're really startin' to hurt my balls."

Like I said, Saturday night got to go backstage. Everyone came out except for Axl (my friends got to party with him the night before though). They wouldn't let anyone with any shirts that featured ex members back there, they had to swap into a new tour shirt, haha - awesome. Baz was a prima donna and a loud motherfucker (with an annoying voice after a while). I didn't meet him though.. stood next to him while he was talking with our group though. Didn't meet any Gunners, they were pretty popular... Robin (one of my top 5 guitarists) came up near me and said: "Hi" ... I shat myself and said: "Howdy" then he walked off. FUCKING IDIOT I WAS. Had so much I wanted to say, but too fucking nervous. Champion guy though (with my favourite stage presence out of the lot of them... walks like a drunk guy trying to look posh, I love it).

Rob De Luca is the nicest guy ever - having a yarn to him and everyone who came up he'd introduce me to them as 'this is my friend Lazer'. Their new drummer Jason West is a fucking cool bloke as well - loves a laugh.

Johnny Chromatic is funny as "Tooheys.... uhh... IT GETS YA DRUNK!" and Metal Mike was only interested in getting some action, hard to talk to.

So yeah, any question I'm happy to answer... wish I could go through it all again.

ROCK!

Edited by williambailey01

Have a read of this concert review from as recent as Sydney Australia 23 June 2007, it was posted on HTGTH (note the bolded section). Now after reading this surely the doubters can't suggest this was also securitys own decision? There has clearly been from time to time a decision made by someone within the GNR camp to run with this policy.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=45518.msg954623#msg954623

I posted this on another forum, so just a cross post (and let me just say that you guys would appreciate this more, but FUCK I am regretting not talking to Robin, FUCK FUCK FUCK... me and my damn nerves):

Tuesday night me and the mrs bought a whole box of different grog.. bourbon, scotch, vodka - it was party time. We went with our deck chairs to the ent cent and had a hard time sleeping i the fucking FREEZING COLD.

Woke up, a line started to form, mates came, started hitting the grog... acoustic guitars came down, people were giving us money to play requests and shit, it was just an amazingly good day.

Finally, we went in...

Rose Tattoo were solid, not entirely the best, but solid. Angry has a mean motherfuckin' stance on that stage, love it.

Baz came up next... right up the front, he was lookin straight at me when they played The Threat and I was singin' along. He wasn't as good as he was in Melb last year - a lot more screamy shit instead of chestal stuff, which was a tad disappointing, but it was still a rockin show.

Then Gunners came on and blew me the fuck away. Best concert I've ever seen. They played all 5 newies that I was hoping to see in the one night! The Chi Dem / Madagascar one two sucker punch for the start of the encore was amazing. The Blues live was fucking magical... and

AXL SOUNDED BETTER THAN EVER. Seriously, people actually thought he was lip synching... he blew Bach out of the water. Especially his renditions of Live and Let Die and Knockin' on Heavens Door.

The solos were fucking awesome... Robin's is a big bluesy piece called Sossego, Dizzy played Angie by the Stones, Richie came out and shredded a bit then was joined by Robin for some fun and Bumblefoot played some crazy ass tapping stuff then Don't Cry including vocal melody.

And Paradise City is just the most amazing rock & roll celebration live... everyone singing along, the light show, pyros, everything.

Both Melbourne nights were just as solid, but the Adelaide one was my favourite. They also played Rocket Queen in Melb on the Saturday night with Axl riding out on a push bike he'd bought that day, that was pretty schweet.

A classic Axl quote:

"I can't wait to get home and rip of Kylie Minogue's panties. *long silence* They're really startin' to hurt my balls."

Like I said, Saturday night got to go backstage. Everyone came out except for Axl (my friends got to party with him the night before though). They wouldn't let anyone with any shirts that featured ex members back there, they had to swap into a new tour shirt, haha - awesome. Baz was a prima donna and a loud motherfucker (with an annoying voice after a while). I didn't meet him though.. stood next to him while he was talking with our group though. Didn't meet any Gunners, they were pretty popular... Robin (one of my top 5 guitarists) came up near me and said: "Hi" ... I shat myself and said: "Howdy" then he walked off. FUCKING IDIOT I WAS. Had so much I wanted to say, but too fucking nervous. Champion guy though (with my favourite stage presence out of the lot of them... walks like a drunk guy trying to look posh, I love it).

Rob De Luca is the nicest guy ever - having a yarn to him and everyone who came up he'd introduce me to them as 'this is my friend Lazer'. Their new drummer Jason West is a fucking cool bloke as well - loves a laugh.

Johnny Chromatic is funny as "Tooheys.... uhh... IT GETS YA DRUNK!" and Metal Mike was only interested in getting some action, hard to talk to.

So yeah, any question I'm happy to answer... wish I could go through it all again.

ROCK!

Isn't going backstage with the actual new band members a bit different than just attending the concert. It would have been more respectful to the new members to not have the old members on t-shirts.

thanks for informing. I was planning on wearing my GNR shirt, it was a picture of the lineup from 1991 I believe. Its the only GNR shirt I have but it has slash on it, I don't want to cause any trouble so I will just wear another shirt

Its a win win for me.

1. GNR gets press.

2. BBA makes a amusing ass out of himself

3. It doesnt matter to me, i have no slash shirts.

4. it doesnt matter at all, anyone who wears a slash hat or shirt wants to cause trouble at the show, sounds fair to me.

5. The tour goes on, Hamilton tonight, and more kickass shows to follow!

Isn't going backstage with the actual new band members a bit different than just attending the concert. It would have been more respectful to the new members to not have the old members on t-shirts.

It would have been more respectful to the original members if Axl didn't put contractual employees up on stage and call it Guns N Roses.

The "hits" are their (Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steve) songs that others are covering for financial gain. Axl N the employees need to fucking deal with it.

Edited by Lethal Weapon

who gives a shit and who would disrespect the band by wearing a Slash shirt to a GN'R concert anyway?

lol slashs songs.

well i guess you ban tshirts at the door your just askin for it.

Well they are Slash's songs to say it pithily/twitterly. He composed the riffs, solos, and melodies for their hit songs. Denial isn't going to change that. It really is a shame people try to erase him for silly reasons by way of policing t-shirts.

WTF? Slash didn't write anything....all he did was play some solos. It was all Axl and Izzy!

:no: Wow.

Why would this be a decision made from time to time by someone within the GN'R camp? Why do that sporadically instead of consistently? What possible sense is there in that? That makes no sense.

Ali

Why would this be a decision made from time to time by someone within the GN'R camp? Why do that sporadically instead of consistently? What possible sense is there in that? That makes no sense.

Ali

Why release an album then not promote it - that doesn't make any sense either?

My point is that nothing has made sense with GN'R for quite some time, a lot of what they do staggers me so this comes as no surprise.

Do you believe what that person wrote in their review on HTGTH from the last world tour? Surely if it was lies Jarmo would have deleted that in a second. I agree it makes no sense that we haven't heard about this thing consistently but who do you propose was responsible for making them change their shirts?

Ali

Why release an album then not promote it - that doesn't make any sense either?

My point is that nothing has made sense with GN'R for quite some time, a lot of what they do staggers me so this comes as no surprise.

Do you believe what that person wrote in their review on HTGTH from the last world tour? Surely if it was lies Jarmo would have deleted that in a second. I agree it makes no sense that we haven't heard about this thing consistently but who do you propose was responsible for making them change their shirts?

That's your response? Because GN'R and Axl didn't promote the record this also makes sense? I'm not saying it didn't happen. But, I think if it was something that was originating from GN'R, they would have it enforced at every show instead one here or one there. That serves no purpose to them to do it sporadically in hopes that the one night they do decide to enforce the rule that Axl isn't in a bad mood.

Ali

I'm just saying just because it doesn't make sense it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I was just having a joke with thealbum promo thing.

I agree with you in that you would think that if it came from within it would be something that was consistently requested. But it doesn't appear that way otherwise you think it would have come to light more often before now.

That's said, whatever the reason is I think it happened and I don't believe it's the security company simply deciding to do it.

Edit - perhaps it's come from Live Nation/Tickemaster aren't they the promoters? In other words bascailly Azoff since he is the CEO of Tickemaster now and has a substanital $$ holding in the company. It would be in his best interest to ensure nothing derails the gravy train.

Edited by williambailey01

lol slashs songs.

well i guess you ban tshirts at the door your just askin for it.

Well they are Slash's songs to say it pithily/twitterly. He composed the riffs, solos, and melodies for their hit songs. Denial isn't going to change that. It really is a shame people try to erase him for silly reasons by way of policing t-shirts.

WTF? Slash didn't write anything....all he did was play some solos. It was all Axl and Izzy!

Who wrote coma?

I'm just saying just because it doesn't make sense it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I was just having a joke with thealbum promo thing.

I agree with you in that you would think that if it came from within it would be something that was consistently requested. But it doesn't appear that way otherwise you think it would have come to light more often before now.

That's said, whatever the reason is I think it happened and I don't believe it's the security company simply deciding to do it.

Edit - perhaps it's come from Live Nation/Tickemaster aren't they the promoters? In other words bascailly Azoff since he is the CEO of Tickemaster now and has a substanital $$ holding in the company. It would be in his best interest to ensure nothing derails the gravy train.

Obviously, it happened. I just don't think it was from GN'R for the lack of consistency of this happening. I don't believe its the security company either. I believe it is the promoters.

Ali

Obviously, it happened. I just don't think it was from GN'R for the lack of consistency of this happening. I don't believe its the security company either. I believe it is the promoters.

Ali

If so, don't you think Axl should mention it live and deny it was him, or his camp, with authority? Seems to me, given his past of airing it out in concert, it would only be natural.

Ali

If so, don't you think Axl should mention it live and deny it was him, or his camp, with authority? Seems to me, given his past of airing it out in concert, it would only be natural.

No. He shouldn't talk about it during the show. He's made it a point now not to rant anymore.

He should issue a statement or talk about it on Facebook/Twitter.

Ali

No. He shouldn't talk about it during the show. He's made it a point now not to rant anymore.

He should issue a statement or talk about it on Facebook/Twitter.

Well anywhere's fine with me but it's much more genuine to hear it out of his voice. And what's this about not ranting anymore? Axl not ranting live is like Slash giving up smoking.

Ali

Mention it live? No, that is not the place in my opinion. Fernando also already addressed the issue to the fans, so I'm not sure what else there is to say.

Ali