bumblefoot interview at ultimate-guitar.com

riot

If he felt Axl was complicit in denying him copies of tapes of the songs, he wouldn't have gone on record with it to begin with or risk being fired from the band for discussing band business publicly.

Ali

Axl can't fire Bumble now - how damaging would that be to the credibility of the band?

It would just reinforce the notion that this is a revolving-door of guitarists.

Yup. Ron leaving would absolutely be the final nail in the coffin for this band. He can say whatever the hell he wants now.

So Fine11, I usally agree with 99.9% of your posts but come on now. A guy named Bumblefoot leaving that hardly anyone outside these boards knows,would be the final nail in the coffin? There have been,what over 20 people by now in Guns? Ron is cool,but by no means is he more than a blip on the radar in the history of Guns.

On this very forum,Tracii Guns is beating him in a poll that is about "Who was more essential to GNR" Tracii Guns or Bumblefoot"

Edit*Of course Ron is gonna blame Merck. Merck is gone and can't defend himself. Either way,it's insane that a "band" member can't get a copy of the songs to learn. This enforces the belief of the public that these guys are hired help.

Just so you know, you don't represent the public. That's YOUR opinion.

Walk down the street Bubba and show people a picture of Ron. 9 out of 10 music fans will say "Who the fuck is that" Half the fucking people at a GNR show don't know who he is.

Bubba, walk down the street and show people a picture of Izzy Stradlin, Duff, or Steve Adler. 9 out of 10 music fans will say "Who the fuck is that!".

Picturing both of you approaching strangers on the street with pictures of random musicians makes me lol. :D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubba, walk down the street and show people a picture of Izzy Stradlin, Duff, or Steve Adler. 9 out of 10 music fans will say "Who the fuck is that!".

Btw, I love those three guys, just showing you an example that your statement doesn't make sense at all.

I :thumbsup: You are more than likely right. Especially with Izzy and Popcorn.

Ali

I blame Axl for alot of things but not sure about the stuff BBF mentioned. I'm not taking sides at all and who knows it might have been Axl's decision. Probably was. But to just go "hrmph hrmph look what axls done..." right after BBF says it was management/situation's fault isn't very smart.

I love how BBF knew people would freak out about that so he had to clarify that it wasn't Axl (or so he says). It's sad that anything negative that happens is Axl's fault now without any consideration whatsoever. Axl is or at least was a troubled person at one time or another but to call him an asshole for his whole life based on a few things he's done (more than a few) is being a bit ignorant.

Some people say Axl is not open minded enough to forgive Slash/bury the hatchet. I'd say some of you aren't open minded enough to the fact that people can change. Not saying Axl DEFINITELY HAS, but consider it.

Great post man :thumbsup:;)

I blame Axl for alot of things but not sure about the stuff BBF mentioned. I'm not taking sides at all and who knows it might have been Axl's decision. Probably was. But to just go "hrmph hrmph look what axls done..." right after BBF says it was management/situation's fault isn't very smart.

I love how BBF knew people would freak out about that so he had to clarify that it wasn't Axl (or so he says). It's sad that anything negative that happens is Axl's fault now without any consideration whatsoever. Axl is or at least was a troubled person at one time or another but to call him an asshole for his whole life based on a few things he's done (more than a few) is being a bit ignorant.

Some people say Axl is not open minded enough to forgive Slash/bury the hatchet. I'd say some of you aren't open minded enough to the fact that people can change. Not saying Axl DEFINITELY HAS, but consider it.

+1 Just freaking brilliant!

terrible post man.

look at axl's history with other business associates. former managers, band members, roadies, other artist, the labels, girlfriends etc.

clearly all those people are just making shit up.

i mean was anyone really suprised when we heard a story about 't-shirt banning' with this tour/guy.

Total bullshit.

I'm sure you would like to believe that, but you're probably wrong. The most recognizable individuals from GN'R were always Axl and Slash. If you were to show a picture of Izzy or Popcorn to random music fans, you are delusional if you think that even half of the people will recognize them.

Ali

Edited by Ali

If he felt Axl was complicit in denying him copies of tapes of the songs, he wouldn't have gone on record with it to begin with or risk being fired from the band for discussing band business publicly.

Ali

Axl can't fire Bumble now - how damaging would that be to the credibility of the band?

It would just reinforce the notion that this is a revolving-door of guitarists.

Yup. Ron leaving would absolutely be the final nail in the coffin for this band. He can say whatever the hell he wants now.

So Fine11, I usally agree with 99.9% of your posts but come on now. A guy named Bumblefoot leaving that hardly anyone outside these boards knows,would be the final nail in the coffin? There have been,what over 20 people by now in Guns? Ron is cool,but by no means is he more than a blip on the radar in the history of Guns.

On this very forum,Tracii Guns is beating him in a poll that is about "Who was more essential to GNR" Tracii Guns or Bumblefoot"

Edit*Of course Ron is gonna blame Merck. Merck is gone and can't defend himself. Either way,it's insane that a "band" member can't get a copy of the songs to learn. This enforces the belief of the public that these guys are hired help.

Just so you know, you don't represent the public. That's YOUR opinion.

Walk down the street Bubba and show people a picture of Ron. 9 out of 10 music fans will say "Who the fuck is that" Half the fucking people at a GNR show don't know who he is.

Btw, I love those three guys, just showing you an example that your statement doesn't make sense at all.

Which makes your hatred of Slash even more bizzare. I think you are doing it to copy Axl but hey whatever floats your boat.

Bullshit point about Adler,Duff.and Izzy.Show music fans a pic of them together and they'd at least say that's Guns N Roses. Show em a pic of Fortus,Ron and Frank and they'd say " Are they playing at my local bar" They sure as fuck wouldn't say that is Guns N Roses.

My point stands about people at a GNR show (the majority) of them not knowing or caring who anyone is other than Axl. you can't possibly tell me you think more than 10% of the audience at a GnR show knows or cares about Frank Ferrer/Ron,etc.

I :thumbsup: You are more than likely right. Especially with Izzy and Popcorn.

Ali

Total bullshit.

I don't hate Slash. I like all of the current and former member of GNR.

Fact is you hate Axl and the new band. I don't like haters who throw shit at Axl and the new members all the time.

terrible post man.

look at axl's history with other business associates. former managers, band members, roadies, other artist, the labels, girlfriends etc.

i mean was anyone really suprised when we heard a story about 't-shirt banning' with this tour/guy.

Axl denied that T-shirt banning thing to Revolver at the backstage thing and until there's proof that Axl did or did not issue it then I, and everyone else should, remain 50/50 on it.

terrible post man.

Look at Slash's history. He was succesful with only two lead singers and both singers ended up not liking Slash.

If you were to show a pic of say,Ron,Frank and Stinson to someone,how many would say it's GNR? Now show a pic of Izzy,Duff and Adler to someone, and ask what band they are from. I left out Slash cause he's too obvious.

Nobody in the is current "band" has carved out much of a unique persona for themselves with the exception of Dj. The general public sees them as nameless,faceless players.

they're hired hands thats why.

if anyone currently in the band left,but axl, that person would be replaced and the band would still be called guns n roses.

If you were to show a pic of say,Ron,Frank and Stinson to someone,how many would say it's GNR? Now show a pic of Izzy,Duff and Adler to someone, and ask what band they are from. I left out Slash cause he's too obvious.

Nobody in the is current "band" has carved out much of a unique persona for themselves with the exception of Dj. The general public sees them as nameless,faceless players.

You're wrong sir. I dare not say his name for the legend states that speaking his name alone will cause his ominous funky tones and beeps to drive a man insane....But It rhymes with This Hitman.

The ~50,000 people who attended the Asian and Canadian shows.

if anyone currently in the band left,but axl, that person would be replaced and the band would still be called guns n roses.

Axl is GNR.

Same with, for ex., Lemmy from Motorhead, its his band.

Edited by RocketKing99

curious.

would you say that 50,000 people at an american show would consider ron, frank, and stinson to be gnr?

Edited by SunnyDRE

curious.

would you say that 50,000 people at an american show would consider ron, frank, and stinson to be gnr?

Nah, Americans are too busy with listening to the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and Adam Lambert.

You're wrong sir. I dare not say his name for the legend states that speaking his name alone will cause his ominous funky tones and beeps to drive a man insane....But It rhymes with This Hitman.

baby_smile10.jpg

curious.

Nah, Americans are too busy with listening to the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and Adam Lambert.

Ok idiot. As if those people wouldn't sell out shows everywhere else on the planet.

If it weren't for Americans you wouldn't even know who the hell Axl Rose is as we made him famous. Think before you speak.

baby_smile10.jpg

:D

Axl is GNR.

Same with, for ex., Lemmy from Motorhead, its his band.

LOL@ thinking that people there went to see someone other than Axl.

Motorhead didn't have other successful songwriters/personas like Izzy/Slash etc. who left the band and then decided to keep calling it Motorhead.

Fast Clarke left Motorhead, just like Slash.

I don't hate Slash. I like all of the current and former member of GNR.

Fact is you hate Axl and the new band. I don't like haters who throw shit at Axl and the new members all the time.

Haters?Well,it sounds better coming from a kid like yourself rather than Axl. Anyway,yeah I hate em enough to get a GNR tattoo as well as enough to videotape a group trip to Best Buy when ChiDem came out. I was jamming the Illusions while you were learning to use the bathroom. Hater?no.Realist-absolutely.

You coulda fooled me that you don't hate Slash, allow me to pull up some posts,Bubba.

+1

Slashites can't see reality. They have Slash's cum all over their eyes.

If you ask me a wish I'd ask for no AFD or UYI songs. Just ChiDem plus Silkworms, Oh My God, and the asshole song dedicated to Saul "The Cancer" Slash.

Bubba, wow, you got a GNR tattoo, badass.

terrible post man.

sorry dude but that wasn't Axl... he said so himself and I know you're gonna say that he was lying but I can easily see when people are lying and believe me man.. Axl Rose was not fucking lying when he was talking about that

terrible post man.

sorry dude but that wasn't Axl... he said so himself and I know you're gonna say that he was lying but I can easily see when people are lying and believe me man.. Axl Rose was not fucking lying when he was talking about that

More than just that. If that was really his idea, it wouldn't have occurred at only one show on the tour.

Ali

+1

If you ask me a wish I'd ask for no AFD or UYI songs. Just ChiDem plus Silkworms, Oh My God, and the asshole song dedicated to Saul "The Cancer" Slash.

Come up with your own names, you Jabroni. Maybe you can get a GNR tattoo when you are old enough :drevil:

Also, explain those Slash comments,if you are such a fan of his.

LOL. 90% of your comments say shit about Axl and you want me to explain 2 anti-Slash comments I made?

+1

Come up with your own names, you Jabroni. Maybe you can get a GNR tattoo when you are old enough :drevil:

Also, explain those Slash comments,if you are such a fan of his.

I don't know how old r u, but you're acting like a little kid.