bumblefoot interview at ultimate-guitar.com

riot

The thing is, Bucket wrote the songs you're listening to on this tour so...

That is exactly my point. That's why I can't buy the argument that the loss of Ron would be more profound than when the band lost Buckethead and Robin.

Ali

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Ron has become an integral part of the new band. He's reached out to fans in a way no other band member has done, and has played a major role in helping the band "gel" onstage - something that wasn't present in the 2002 lineup. If he was suddenly "replaced" - I think most fans would throw in the towel and start demanding the original lineup return. jmo.

Well, with all due respect, I heard the same things said about Bucket and Robin.

Ali

With equally due respect, the majority of fans never thought Bucket "fit" with the band at all, and "GNR" really didn't perform like a cohesive "band" when he was there. There was zero chemistry or interaction between the members onstage. Whereas, the current lineup looks and performs like a band.

Yes, some people were disappointed when Bucket left, but most were relieved.

And by majority you mean you and three other people.

No, it means everybody but you and maybe three other people. B)

This!!

im late joining the thread here but i loved that interview. nice to see him just layin it out there, that was awesome. i really appericated the honesty, inspecially with the whole 'overdoing it' in 06. also shows just how fucked up the management / band situation is. lead guitarist not allowed to have the songs? thats pretty messed up imo.

as for the above bucket talk, i agree most were relieved when he left. i was one of them. at that time bucket was still sort of a mystery for many of us. even up until the booklet leaked we didnt know what kind of a role he played on CD.

but then anywhere between 2004-2010 most of us realized exactly what we lost and a great number wanted it back.

Edited by Jackie Moon

If he felt Axl was complicit in denying him copies of tapes of the songs, he wouldn't have gone on record with it to begin with or risk being fired from the band for discussing band business publicly.

Ali

Axl can't fire Bumble now - how damaging would that be to the credibility of the band?

It would just reinforce the notion that this is a revolving-door of guitarists.

Yup. Ron leaving would absolutely be the final nail in the coffin for this band. He can say whatever the hell he wants now.

That's what people said when Bucket left. If Axl is as is irrational and temperamental as he is said to be, would it really have mattered what the public credibility implications would be for firing Ron? Would someone that temperamental care? I doubt it.

Ali

Ali - do you know something about Ron's upcoming contract negotiations that you want to share with the rest of us?

If he felt Axl was complicit in denying him copies of tapes of the songs, he wouldn't have gone on record with it to begin with or risk being fired from the band for discussing band business publicly.

Ali

Axl can't fire Bumble now - how damaging would that be to the credibility of the band?

It would just reinforce the notion that this is a revolving-door of guitarists.

Yup. Ron leaving would absolutely be the final nail in the coffin for this band. He can say whatever the hell he wants now.

That's what people said when Bucket left. If Axl is as is irrational and temperamental as he is said to be, would it really have mattered what the public credibility implications would be for firing Ron? Would someone that temperamental care? I doubt it.

Ali

Ali - do you know something about Ron's upcoming contract negotiations that you want to share with the rest of us?

No idea what you're talking about. I made no mention of any contract negotiations. That wasn't even remotely related to what I was saying.

Ali