bumblefoot interview at ultimate-guitar.com

riot

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first joined the band, I also had the feeling that I had to do something more. I felt like I was brought in to play all the wacky, noodly stuff, and I might've been overdoing it a lot of the time, instead of just being myself. What do I do now? Honestly, I just try to play them the way they were written, and the thing is, no two guitarists play the same way. You can take Eddie Van Halen and you can take Ace Frehley, and have them play the same riff, and you can tell who is who. It comes from the hands. I just play the songs as authentically as I can, and try to respect the way the songs were written, and the way people came to love the songs. That's it. I just feel that if it comes from your own hands, it has your own feeling to it.

Some great stuff in there, can't wait for part two. Good interviewer as well.

Another thing is when I first joined the group, because leaks were such an issue they wouldn't give me the music. I didn't have any of their new songs, and the band would say to me "Just tell them you have to have it - you have to have the songs to learn them", but the management folks would not give me the music - they said "No".

Umm,what the fuck? I have never heard of anything like this. Axl/"The Band" couldn't get access to the songs for him to rehearse. Is this some kind of a joke? Dudes in caves on the other side of the world had the songs but a "band member" couldn't get them to learn? People on here wonder why GNR is looked upon as a joke by rock fans well, here is a prime example.

Give the guy a watermarked ,copy-proof cd of the songs for fucks sake.Like he is gonna risk his spot in GNR to leak them?

He says management, but it's SOOOOOOO obvious Axl wouldn't let him have them. As if Axl couldn't EASILY give his guitarist these tracks. Give me a break. :crazy:

Talk about distrust and paranoia. Dear God...

Another thing is when I first joined the group, because leaks were such an issue they wouldn't give me the music. I didn't have any of their new songs, and the band would say to me "Just tell them you have to have it - you have to have the songs to learn them", but the management folks would not give me the music - they said "No".

Umm,what the fuck? I have never heard of anything like this. Axl/"The Band" couldn't get access to the songs for him to rehearse. Is this some kind of a joke? Dudes in caves on the other side of the world had the songs but a "band member" couldn't get them to learn? People on here wonder why GNR is looked upon as a joke by rock fans well, here is a prime example.

Give the guy a watermarked ,copy-proof cd of the songs for fucks sake.Like he is gonna risk his spot in GNR to leak them?

That can't be for real - surely Axl's not that paranoid?

He says management, but it's SOOOOOOO obvious Axl wouldn't let him have them. As if Axl couldn't EASILY give his guitarist these tracks. Give me a break. :crazy:

Talk about distrust and paranoia. Dear God...

Yeah, i´m with u ... it´s hilarious

If it was Axl, he'd have never mentioned it in that interview.

More than likely management knew someone close to the band leaked the songs and wanted to wait before handing it out to anyone else.

Slashite, you never miss an opportunity to throw shit at Axl, don't you?

BBF clearly said that it was management's decision.

BBF clearly said that it was management's decision.

Oh. My. God. Do you honestly believe for even 3 seconds that Axl did not have access to his own songs and could have easily given them to him and the others to make their lives easier at literally any point.

No matter how anyone tries to spin this, it was JUST PLAIN ODD.

Edited by sofine11

Oh. My. God. Do you honestly believe for even 3 seconds that Axl did not have access to his own songs and could have easily given them to him and the others to make their lives easier at literally any point.

No matter how anyone tries to spin this, it was JUST PLAIN ODD.

Looks like a job for Ali

Of course a member of the band should be able to get a copy of the songs. Like PTZ said, if BBF really believed this was coming from Axl, he wouldn't have at mentioned this in the interview to begin with and open that can of worms.

Ali

Of course a member of the band should be able to get a copy of the songs. Like PTZ said, if BBF really believed this was coming from Axl, he wouldn't have at mentioned this in the interview to begin with and open that can of worms.

Ali

He didn't have to say that it was coming from Axl. However, anyone with more than 2 brain cells can deduce that if Axl wanted him to have these songs it would have taken him, oh, 3 seconds and would have saved Ron an ass load of stress and problems.