HEAVY METAL TURNS 40!

Gordon Comstock

I love this album. Either my favorite or second favorite from them (off and on with Vol. 4). But, I will say that I think there were other albums released before this that were somewhat heavy metal. Blue Cheer's debut was most definitely metal-ish. Not fully metal, but definitely partly.

Then there's stuff like this and

. :lol:

Seriously, the second one sounds so ahead of its time for being 1969.

I love this album. Either my favorite or second favorite from them (off and on with Vol. 4). But, I will say that I think there were other albums released before this that were somewhat heavy metal. Blue Cheer's debut was most definitely metal-ish. Not fully metal, but definitely partly.

Then there's stuff like this and

. :lol:

Seriously, the second one sounds so ahead of its time for being 1969.

Zeppelin 1 and 2, which while not being completely metal did have metal songs on them, both predate Black Sabbath

I'd argue though that zeppelin wrote the first songs to be recognized as "metal" though, signifying the birth of metal.

Ginger Baker "They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion"

Edited by Bucketslash

Sabbath is widely conidered the first real metal band. Zeppelin did have heavy songs, im not disagreeing with you, but LedZep were most definately Rock N' Roll......

I never considered Led Zeppelin a Heavy Metal band, to me they were straight up Rock N' Roll.

Oh and Black Sabbath = Awesomeness rock3