8.8. Earthquake hits Chile

Zint

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People just need to be careful aswell.

The tsunami in India and Thailand in 2004 would have had a far lower death rate if people had evacuated instead of sticking around. Especially when the water drained out before the tsunami people went a looked at the exposed seabed instead of getting out of there.

That new quake in Argentina and that huge storm over Spain which is supposed to hit the rest of Europe too, really make it seem that shit's going down right now. Not meaning the end of the world or anything relating to 2012, but this is really scary somehow.

Very sad news . I hope all the fans of Chile are well and that God protects all in the danger zone. Now we must be careful in places that are on alert.

Here in Sao Paulo some districts felt the earthquake as a reflection : Field Clean, Ibirapuera, Tatuapé and the center of the capital Av.Paulista, where the lamps shook a lot and people who live in apartments have agreed and left the buildings.

I live further south of the city and not feel reflections.

Lately it seems that all regions of the planet where it has great likelihood of earthquakes, are experiencing severe concussions. I always think in California

since last year when it occurred Tsunamis in Asia and then in Haiti.

In California there is the San Andreas fault, so it is a region of great danger.

Sincerely, I´d like Axl, Beta, all the peoples, change of California to another region of the United States of America, as Nebraska, Wisconsin or Iowa, or another state to the north.

Prevention can avoid many sorrows. Please!!

Edited by Hatchepsut

Well, I'm from Chile and this was fucking horrible. It lasted too long and I seriously thought the building was falling down (I live in a 14th floor). Thankfully, I'm fine, but I don't know much about my relatives spread around the epicenter of the quake, apart from a cousin of mine whose house litterally fell down in front of his eyes (He and his family are OK).

Thank you so much for the good wishes (and I also hope the show doesn't get affected) :thumbsup:

Thanks for checking in man,good to hear you're ok but so sorry you had to go through this.

I hope all your family and friends are acounted for and safe and well.

The images that are starting to reach us are pretty shocking and frightening.

Tough days ahead in the aftermath it seems...

Be strong and be well.

Respects to you.

An 8.8 just hit and people are worrying about a gig ? Seriously ?

Seriously?....no.

But it's a GnR forum and a GnR tour is supposed to be heading in that direction.

In regards to this forum,and this particular section,it's GnR related news and it's being discussed.

In light of such a tragedy,there are people with travel plans,reservations etc.,or have been considering travel plans...who will be looking for updates and information.

No offence was intended.

Due to the earthquake, felt today in Santiago, was got up the hypothesis of postponing

any musical or sporting event in Chile, dates will still be defined.

source: My link

This is for 48 - 72 hours. I don't think it will be a problem to do that show, especially becouse is not at a close venue (sorry my english... I'm still scare)

An 8.8 just hit and people are worrying about a gig ? Seriously ?

Seriously?....no.

But it's a GnR forum and a GnR tour is supposed to be heading in that direction.

In regards to this forum,and this particular section,it's GnR related news and it's being discussed.

In light of such a tragedy,there are people with travel plans,reservations etc.,or have been considering travel plans...who will be looking for updates and information.

No offence was intended.

No offence was meant in my post, I hope it didn't come off that way; this is still very new..In any case we can just hope the best for the tour and Chile, a good show would certainly offer some happiness or hope to this situation.

Edited by LaBellaVita

my English is not very good but I'll try ............................... was crazy here but reported that chili is a seismic country and we are used newly Monday ............. people return to normal ............

trimmers are no towns in the south of the country ................. missing many dead and many homeless people who lost everything .............. ................ but we will rise as we did in 60 in 75 in 85 and now in 2010 .............

with respect to the recital is not for any damages at the Riding Club where he will conduct the concert .......... nor the city streets are bad ..... and I am aware of all since I bought my ticket the first day of the concert sales ............. Guns n 'Roses I saw the 92' and I see them now but there are no cancellation besides the people need joy and who better to raise the spirits than a good concert is enough excitement with the coming of commercial television Guns ................... but nothing so quiet cancellation that here is not suspended until the time thanks for your comments and support but we will move forward as we always have data for the anecdote ....................... of the 5 strongest earthquakes in history two were in chile

Valdivia 1960 SUMANI included with the strongest of the story

2010, the fifth strongest in Tsunami included.

any new data is the hare and hopefully get to write it in English thanks