Axl's bottle incident in Brazil

'And I don't need no fucking pussies like we had the other night in that club.'

what club was that? what happend?

Guns was supposed to play a surprise gig at a club in São paulo Thursday night. Axl had a sore throat and didn't go. The models and "celebs" in the club started a riot and a rumor that he didn't show because he had a cocaine overdose.

Guess thats the 1st no show during the current tour. Doubt the drug aspect is true.

What sort of 'celebs' start a riot?

Dude, you gotta read the "Marcos Mion...." thread. He is the club owner and a former VJ on MTV Brasil. He said somethings in His Blog and I translated it in that thread.

I'll try to tell a short version of the story here.

Thursday night, "celebs" at the club waiting, said the band did a sound check and everything but they were late. ( I say "celebs" because most of them who were in there are famous for the most ridiculous reasons, plus, I'd say 70% was there just for the party, didn't even know who the fuck was palying. And a good part of those people were MTV assholes who have bashed Axl over and over and over again.)

So, they're at the club, tweeting that they're gonna see Guns N Roses and what not, some tweeting they're gonna take pics of fat Axl, other actually excited about being there. But Axl didn't show, the crew started to take the stuff down. Marcos Mion tweeted that Axl's bodyguard told him Axl didn't leave the room cause he was doing cocaine. (later he tweeted he assumed he was his bodyguard, but found out it wasn't). From that some people started to say Axl went to the hospital because he OD... bla bla bla, papers say models hit each other in the head with bottles and people inside started a riot and whatever. Some people were actually saying he got a sore throat from the show the previous night, that's why he didn't show.

So Saturday at the São Paulo gig Axl ranted about it in the middle of KOHD, said this guy he knows in NY asked him to do the club thing and he said no, but apparently he went ahead and booked it anyway, and Axl only found out the night before. He was gonna go, but his throat wasn't good, so he prefered to save it for the Saturday gig. The guy he knows in NY thinks that was selfish of him, not to play in the club.

then Mion got pissed at that (and at all the hate tweets he was getting from us :lol:) and posted this huge fucking thing on his blog, which basically said that Axl himself asked for the club gig and then didn't show. But then he contradicts himself saying that he knows that people like Axl have people around them who don't always have his best interest in mind, so he believes that yes, the gig could have been aranged by someone else saying that Axl wanted it, when in fact he didn't know anything.

Ok, I think that's the short version of it. Haha.

I know someone who was badly injured at a show when another person decided to throw a full bottle of beer in the air and it came down and landed on his head.

He had to be airlifted to a hospital where he then underwent surgery to repair his fractured skull. Luckily he was ok.

Cool video :D

However, you can hear Axl is using back-up vocals from orginal Chinese Democracy. When he starts to scream "STOP", you can hear that in the background is still playing "cause it would take a lot more time than you.... have got for masturbation". And after 'masturbation' song stops for good.

It's weird.

Isn't that Tommy singing the backup vocals? I always thought he sang the "higher" backup vocals during the tour while Axl did the lower ones...i.e. the verses of "Shackler's."

Anyway, there's always gonna be dicks like that in the crowds at concerts, sports events, etc. There seems like there are always more incidents at GNR shows, though, because people know how easy it is to get under Axl's skin. I'm not saying he's wrong for cursing off the guy, it's just the truth. I actually give Axl credit, the old Axl would have just said fuck you and walked off without giving any second chances. His reaction is only human...if somebody throws something at you, that's just a natural response. You'd like to think entertainers and musicians have thicker skin, but they're only human. Can't really fault Axl here.

Cool video :D

However, you can hear Axl is using back-up vocals from orginal Chinese Democracy. When he starts to scream "STOP", you can hear that in the background is still playing "cause it would take a lot more time than you.... have got for masturbation". And after 'masturbation' song stops for good.

It's weird.

Axls crutch?? :question: