The OFFICIAL Caracas Thread - March 27, Venezuela

gunsguy

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cinderela's shouldnt buy GNR tickets... :rofl-lol:

says someone who didn't stand the wait and left the stadium because it was taking too long for GNR to show up :rolleyes:

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/index.php/topic,28420.msg678750.html#msg678750

[

Well if you are a Guns fan like i was.. you are not going to like this review, but its the honest truth.

quote author=Faridbak link=topic=28420.msg678750#msg678750 date=1181244816]

Well if you are a Guns fan like i was.. you are not going to like this review, but its the honest truth.

Let me first give you a bit of a background on my GnR experience

This was to be the 3 time I saw GnR in concert I was really looking forward to it, Exited, and worried about what was to be of the Greatest Rock n Roll band of all times(in what was my opinion)

I bought 2 tickets 75 bucks each, I was so exited when I walked in the VFG Arena and Saw the old vibe of a GNR concert, the two bands that opened kind of sucked (I know cause I was a singer and musician myself for 10 years) They were both Bands from Mexico and did what they were supposed to do.

The concert was to be started according to the posters and adds in the news at 8:30 pm. The opening acts started at 9:00 (the ticked said 9:00) and it was ok. The excitement grew while comments of people saying this could be the death of GnR or their revival.

After 2 hours of waiting people were really pissed, some throwing beer at everyone and everything, others burning Guns n’ Roses T-shirts and a lot of people just standing up and leaving.

The organizers of the concert had plenty of time to keep people updated about when the concert would starts but didn’t, so there were rumors all over the place saying that Axl wouldn’t show up.

I got really pissed off, how can Axl do this to me, a loyal fan since I was a kid (im 32 now) someone who had at one point posters of Guns N’ Roses all over my walls of my room, someone that got into the music business just because I admired Axl Rose so much and what they did at one point in time to my life. I Remembered how I waited for other Guns concerts (one in Guadalajara in 93 and one in Mexico city ) I didn’t have to wait more than an hour for them to strart but back then it Was the Greatest band in the World, now I was waiting for just Axl to see if the new guns would Die or live for me. Sadly for this long time fan Guns was killed by the lack of respect of Axl rose.. he killed the dream of a rebirth for guns for me.. he didn’t show up, I left.(the people I was with didn’t want to stay longer since they had heard that the concert was canceled ) He came on stage 3 hours late, 5 hours from when we arrived . I was gone pissed and depressed. Never again will I buy a ticket for a Axl late rose, or never will I buy (if its ever released) another Guns Album. There was no REAL reason, not even a fake reason he just didn’t want to be on time.

Axl Rose needs to be professional in his work, We pay for him to play, we the fans are the ones who made him what he was or is still trying to be, at least he owes us the respect of being on time (or even just 1:30 late not 3 hours)

I do not think Guns will ever be the same or a faint shadow of what they once were. And not because Slash and Duff aren’t with them but because Axl doesn’t understand The relation between artist and Fans.

For me now Guns N’Roses is the band that was great in the 80-90 and died back then.. this that I was supposed to watch on the 3 is just The coffin on it. And Axl nailing the nails on it with every time he disrespects the audience.

He should just Change the name To Axl Rose.. and leave the name of Guns N’ Roses out of this until he gets off his high horse..

What makes me even more pissed is that after I left (thinking Axl wouldn’t show up) the concert started and from what I hear it was a great show.. I should have knows.

I must confess after the first anger moments dissipate I find my self longing for more Guns lol Damn its hard being a Guns n Roses Fan and being a grown up.

So my honest advice to you if you go to the next Guns concert make sure you know and ‘t forgotten what Rock n Roll is about.

Edited by PirateChick

says someone who didn't stand the wait and left the stadium because it was taking too long for GNR to show up :rolleyes:

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/index.php/topic,28420.msg678750.html#msg678750

[

quote author=Faridbak link=topic=28420.msg678750#msg678750 date=1181244816]

Let me first give you a bit of a background on my GnR experience

This was to be the 3 time I saw GnR in concert I was really looking forward to it, Exited, and worried about what was to be of the Greatest Rock n Roll band of all times(in what was my opinion)

I bought 2 tickets 75 bucks each, I was so exited when I walked in the VFG Arena and Saw the old vibe of a GNR concert, the two bands that opened kind of sucked (I know cause I was a singer and musician myself for 10 years) They were both Bands from Mexico and did what they were supposed to do.

The concert was to be started according to the posters and adds in the news at 8:30 pm. The opening acts started at 9:00 (the ticked said 9:00) and it was ok. The excitement grew while comments of people saying this could be the death of GnR or their revival.

After 2 hours of waiting people were really pissed, some throwing beer at everyone and everything, others burning Guns n’ Roses T-shirts and a lot of people just standing up and leaving.

The organizers of the concert had plenty of time to keep people updated about when the concert would starts but didn’t, so there were rumors all over the place saying that Axl wouldn’t show up.

I got really pissed off, how can Axl do this to me, a loyal fan since I was a kid (im 32 now) someone who had at one point posters of Guns N’ Roses all over my walls of my room, someone that got into the music business just because I admired Axl Rose so much and what they did at one point in time to my life. I Remembered how I waited for other Guns concerts (one in Guadalajara in 93 and one in Mexico city ) I didn’t have to wait more than an hour for them to strart but back then it Was the Greatest band in the World, now I was waiting for just Axl to see if the new guns would Die or live for me. Sadly for this long time fan Guns was killed by the lack of respect of Axl rose.. he killed the dream of a rebirth for guns for me.. he didn’t show up, I left.(the people I was with didn’t want to stay longer since they had heard that the concert was canceled ) He came on stage 3 hours late, 5 hours from when we arrived . I was gone pissed and depressed. Never again will I buy a ticket for a Axl late rose, or never will I buy (if its ever released) another Guns Album. There was no REAL reason, not even a fake reason he just didn’t want to be on time.

Axl Rose needs to be professional in his work, We pay for him to play, we the fans are the ones who made him what he was or is still trying to be, at least he owes us the respect of being on time (or even just 1:30 late not 3 hours)

I do not think Guns will ever be the same or a faint shadow of what they once were. And not because Slash and Duff aren’t with them but because Axl doesn’t understand The relation between artist and Fans.

For me now Guns N’Roses is the band that was great in the 80-90 and died back then.. this that I was supposed to watch on the 3 is just The coffin on it. And Axl nailing the nails on it with every time he disrespects the audience.

He should just Change the name To Axl Rose.. and leave the name of Guns N’ Roses out of this until he gets off his high horse..

What makes me even more pissed is that after I left (thinking Axl wouldn’t show up) the concert started and from what I hear it was a great show.. I should have knows.

I must confess after the first anger moments dissipate I find my self longing for more Guns lol Damn its hard being a Guns n Roses Fan and being a grown up.

So my honest advice to you if you go to the next Guns concert make sure you know and ‘t forgotten what Rock n Roll is about.

he claims to be a huge GNR fan, then wouldn't he know Axl shows up late to shows on a regular basis?

Hey i¡m back here!!!

great show yesterday!!

some issues to take pictures (i'll explain later) but i think i did some good job...

here is an example.... (more photos coming soon)

4471243730_f76cfa079f_o.jpg

Holy shit man, this is great!!!

Thanks!

fuckin excellant picture

That mini Axl pic is from Vanessa. She has more:

OgAAABTN-RmGGyiG9usDVXfM5eYTIJeQLx3_wZdegLODLZ5tRlECqqXRFulo8_n1ODcjl0FzgqFUlSV76FhapE-5OhUAm1T1UP1puM8BUILarhcciDhyCbdD63A6.jpg

OgAAACt5EjBxGBjha77QzF7uUVNyVpQGlxPXBndKd2iNRB1Llq3CJ_skHiR4Kk0UlYiE2taWTaE_FAeFaKxrU8QRZD0Am1T1UNm5Qs19NT0XmAsi1ZM8idyH_lvh.jpg

OgAAAHs5SjNuCy6Qb0RHJ8ml4tW8Gcdc-vVlZ9WbM0fn2Khln8oGGY-i2E6eZ-ClkL42cJaGbmTJhRizPLXd9zGO6VMAm1T1UEvFtrDWh8OgDqOUTkETBmgcObT_.jpg

There are lots of pics! Some were taken from the stage during the concerts, very cool!

great pictures...

he was sure at the venue early

epn0hu.jpg

DJ Venezuela

Dude. Your pix are awesome. IMO best we've seen that weren't done by media. What kind of camera did ya use. I want one. I use a Fuji F40 10 MP

Um MicEffecT, not my picture, lol. I try and find pics that are not here and bring them here :)

Im back from the jungle, im speechless....

Music has a way of transforming our souls to a unique place where we connect with the unexplainable,thats what happened at the GNR concert, it was an experience out of this world.

Im gonna share 2 of my best pics yet, Axl covered with the Venezuelan flag during Jungle that me and a some members from gnrl.com group Venezuela bought for them. Gotta say that flag was huge and heavy, it had messages for the band and on every one of the 8 stars we wrote the name of the band members. It looked gorgeous!

axlcaracasflag2-1.jpg

And the other man of the night DJ Ashba, *hands down* Again theres no words to explain the feeling i got from him, he was so close to me that it was scary, the feedback was inasne!

DJasbacaracas.jpg

So my honest advice to you if you go to the next Guns concert make sure you know and havent forgotten what Rock n Roll is about.

Yup what im saying Dont Forget What Rock N' Roll is about, expect to be comign home late. I learnt it the hard way cause I had forgotten what it was about but GNr reminded me (and you did too Gaby) And now im as eager and ready as ever to see GNR Live even if it means staying up for 2 days straight lol :thumbsup:

That was my first post ever on GNr forums, Im glad im still around and loving it