Do you honestly think people throw things

AxlisOld

Let's face it, Axl is famous for freaking out at the crowd. Do you think some people go to these shows and throw shit at the stage to try and get a reaction out of Axl; so they can say they made him pissed off and stop the show? It's basically become his trademark. Everyone knows what will happen at a normal show if you throw shit, but when Axl is involved...anything can happen. I think, rather than a picture, people are showing up and trying to piss him off so they can go home to their friends and say that they pissed Axl Rose off.

Hmmm no, I think people who throw stuff to the stage do it because they are idiots. It´s not the same throwing a banner with a message to the band or some lingerie than throwing bottles and stuff that could injure band members seriously. That is retarded and a lack of respect not only to the band but to the rest of the crowd as well.

You're surely got to be a bit mental to throw something. I remember at Donington 2006 some knob beside me had water balloons and turned to me like "Check this. I'm gonna water bomb Axl". I replied "You do that and I'll rap yer pus son." He moved on pretty sharpish lol.

If folk see someone chuck something then they're pretty likely to knock them about a bit for their attempts to fuck up the show.

I think it would be cooler to be able to say I pissed Axl off on the internet, like Madison or Spuffy. :shrugs:

That´s so easy ... but you take the risk of being banned

spuffy didn't know dexter was axl, even after axl tried to drop the hint. spuff was just having a go at someone who was arguing with him. different scenario at the shows where you know what's what, and yes i imagine there would be some idiots that would like that sort of infamy.

Edited by maXx

Some people through shit at the stage because they feel insulted for standing on their feet waiting for two hours after the last support act finnished to see a band they paid a lot of money to see. And if you're a bit out of shape 30 year old, that shit can be exhausting...

Then when the band finally comes on they react instinctly with throwing whatever they got in their hands. I guess that's why this has happened during the opening song a couple of times. And prolly more times when the outa shape guys' aim is a bit off and nothing happens! =)

Some people through shit at the stage because they feel insulted for standing on their feet waiting for two hours after the last support act finnished to see a band they paid a lot of money to see. And if you're a bit out of shape 30 year old, that shit can be exhausting...

Then when the band finally comes on they react instinctly with throwing whatever they got in their hands. I guess that's why this has happened during the opening song a couple of times. And prolly more times when the outa shape guys' aim is a bit off and nothing happens! =)

Thanks for sparing me the trouble of repeating myself once again. That's why people throw stuff.

Yes, I wholeheartedly think so. I'm sure there are some stupid people who actually pay 100+ dollars for premium GA tickets, just so they can huck a bottle at Axl and see if they can piss the man off and get him to stop the show.

There are shows with no VIP zones like Argentina's. People who threw shit in that one had paid 30 dollars or so, apparently as a protest for sound problems.

Well, they did the same in 1992, for unknown reasons.

Yes, I wholeheartedly think so. I'm sure there are some stupid people who actually pay 100+ dollars for premium GA tickets, just so they can huck a bottle at Axl and see if they can piss the man off and get him to stop the show.

There are shows with no VIP zones like Argentina's. People who threw shit in that one had paid 30 dollars or so, apparently as a protest for sound problems.

Didn´t they throw stones?

No, they didn't throw stones. They were throwing stuff trying to get the band's attention and let them know there were sound problems. They could have thrown a banner saying "we can't hear you" or maybe a "we can't hear you" chant instead

Yeah. In Argentina, some fans threw things due to the mic problems. In the other countries, I read some people threw stuff for having waited for many hours. There were different reasons. I know all these fans were angry, but it's stupid to throw stuff. I hate when people do this.

Someone told me the guy who threw a bottle at the São Paulo gig and caused Axl to stop in the first song got beaten by the people next to him afterwards.

We should ask him if it was worth it.

Anyway, yeah, I think some people wanna see Axl's reaction and I think others just throw shit because they're drunk. Others might throw things because they're pissed he came on late or something. Bottom line is it's stupid.

Let's face it, Axl is famous for freaking out at the crowd. Do you think some people go to these shows and throw shit at the stage to try and get a reaction out of Axl; so they can say they made him pissed off and stop the show? It's basically become his trademark. Everyone knows what will happen at a normal show if you throw shit, but when Axl is involved...anything can happen. I think, rather than a picture, people are showing up and trying to piss him off so they can go home to their friends and say that they pissed Axl Rose off.

Yes. Absolutely.

People throw things because they are fucked up / drunk or just plain stupid!

While not the only reason, I think coming on stage at a reasonable time would do alot to help this problem with people throwing things. People get drunk and aggitated during the wait, and it seems that they choose throwing things as a means of conveying their displeasure over it.

No, they didn't throw stones. They were throwing stuff trying to get the band's attention and let them know there were sound problems. They could have thrown a banner saying "we can't hear you" or maybe a "we can't hear you" chant instead

I meant the Argentina shows of 92/93. I think I saw a few youtubes of Axl and the infamous interpreter ( Noel lol )and Axl had a stone in the hand and stopped the show to warn people that they would leave.

Because of a few stupid jerks who have to thrown things on stage without any regard for fans or the band they paid to see, here in Dallas, every drink has to be in a plastic cup, including water.

This is one of the reasons I don't do pit. Those poor fans get all kinds of shit thrown on them by the other fans behind them. It makes everyone pissed off and disrupts the show. don't they realize throwing anything with force can hurt someone if they hit them directly?

Some people are just too stupid to realize the consequences of their actions.

I'm was so glad when Bach got that fan thrown out for throwing a bottle at him during one of the SA shows. That guy just wasted a lot of money and never got to see GNR.

People throw things because their idiots, plain and simple. They get all drunk and think they can get Axl to walk off and get away clean. I can't stand people that go to a GN'R show and throw stuff and think nothing of it. It's Axl Rose. He has a history of stopping shows but people don't care and want to ruin the night for everyone else. They pay 80 dollars to get a ticket, just to try and ruin the whole night for eveyone else who's there for their enjoyment.

I'm happy Axl talked to the idiot who threw the bottle at Sau Poalo and told him if they throw more stuff they will leave, not more of a threat to the thrower as to everyone else who may have thrown stuff. And people wonder why Axl gets pissed of easily. I think their the only band thst get stuff thrown at them and the fans don't expect anything negative to happen.

Just like what Axl said before : "If you see someone throwing something, beat the living shit out of them!"

I think it has to do with people getting smashed while waiting hours for the band to take the stage. I don't really get that mentality but there's a lot of shirtless idiots who go to shows just to smash into other people and pick fights.