Did people on the forums used to talk Bumblefoot before he joined Guns?

BaDoBsEsSiOn418

Hi gays.

I joined mygnr in 2004. Bumble joined gnr in 2006. So obviously my history with gnr is much more significant than Bumble's.

Anyway, I can confirm that no one here talked about him before the rumors first surfaced that he had been approached by the GnR camp. I gave Axl my approval to hire him.

In one of his early chats with gnr fans he was asked whether the band would ever play Double Talkin' Jive. His reply was "is that a song?"

I lol'd.

Exactly, that's all you can say about it.

Nothing personnal, but no one knew or cared about him and he doesn't give a shit on GN'R, he just plays to earn money.

Yeah, because I'm sure he earns a whole lot of money doing those compensation shows in front of hotels. You're a fucking idiot.

:lol: something tells me he wasn't playing those sober

He doesn't drink?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi gays.

I joined mygnr in 2004. Bumble joined gnr in 2006. So obviously my history with gnr is much more significant than Bumble's.

Anyway, I can confirm that no one here talked about him before the rumors first surfaced that he had been approached by the GnR camp. I gave Axl my approval to hire him.

In one of his early chats with gnr fans he was asked whether the band would ever play Double Talkin' Jive. His reply was "is that a song?"

I lol'd.

Nothing personnal, but no one knew or cared about him and he doesn't give a shit on GN'R, he just plays to earn money.

Yeah, because I'm sure he earns a whole lot of money doing those compensation shows in front of hotels. You're a fucking idiot.

He doesn't drink?

Honestly does care for GnR fans a huge amount. Go shoot him an email, ask him anything you want, he'll reply......because he cares.

Hi gays.

I lol'd.

JESUS CHRIST WHERE IS THE FACEPALM WHEN I FUCKING NEED IT

Hi gays.

I lol'd.

He doesn't drink?

Honestly does care for GnR fans a huge amount. Go shoot him an email, ask him anything you want, he'll reply......because he cares.

I have emailed him a couple times and he is a genuinely nice guy, really does care and always replies. Cool guy.

• 9 months later...

Like some said, it was through Satch that Bumble got noticed by GnR. Someone asked Bumble about it, he made a mistake by answering that in a public manner, which ended the journey abruptly. Because he talked like he was basically in the band (in the eyes of GnR management), while they were just testing him to see if he could replace Buckethead temporarily for some shows while they tried to get Bucket back. This is a fact confirmed by 2 (now ex-)managers.

Then for a long period. he was out of the picture and GnR was still busy trying to get back Bucket through different ways.

2006, 3 weeks before the first Hammerstein, they still were trying to get Bucket with no succes. So reluctantly they called Bumble to fill in, which he still does...just fill in until Bucket is back. Insiders know Axl is still waiting for that before really big stuff happen. He wants the general public to know that Bucket is the guitarist.

Brain dislikes Bumble musically and personally and will only come back if Bucket is in too.

Bucket is the only guitarist Axl wants in the band, the rest are fillers, no matter what is presented publically about it. Noticed the Bucket T-shirt Axl wears this tour? And I don't blame him, Bucket is the most talented guitarist he has worked with and ever will.

Like it or not, that is the way it is. I know it sounds gay to say it, but I talk to some of them, so that is how I know. Do whatever you want with it.

since this was brought up to me today, you guys think it has any relevance in the light of recent events?

LLL is a bit weird.

At one moment he's an insider, the next he works with the band and has worked with bumble but bumble does not know it, then he says that he declined being in Guns n' Roses...

He seems to hate Ron quite a bit...

Besides, if Ron was just filling in, there is no way he would have rerecorded some of Bucket's material. He would have had lead parts of his own, but no way in hell he would have had Scraped, Riad, Shackler's and Catcher entirely erased. Axl wouldn't have let that happen. I mean Frank only had one and a half song on the album and Fortus did not have anything at all even though Axl wanted him to be GnR's new lead even before Bucket...

Clearly Buckethead was Axl's favourite and Axl would love to have him back but I don't think he perceives Bumble just like a random dude keeping Bucket's seat warm until he comes back because :

1) He knows Bucket won't come back

2) Ron would have gotten fired with everything he has done so far lol ( leaving stage at Sturgis, MYGNR, denying DJ's claims about a new album, introducing himself as the new axeman as soon as 2004 etc etc etc... )

He was rumoured to join over a year before he actually did - that was when the Guns camp first contacted him. Supposedly negotiations broke down a little after the word got out (some miscommunication?) - then a few days before the Hammerstein shows, he got the call up and learnt all the songs in that short period of time.

The rumour is that Axl was trying to get Buckethead back which is why they took so long to call Ron. This is 100% a rumour though and there's nothing tangible to back it up.

This is probably still happening.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Why would Ron have to make way for Buckethead (if the guy agreed to return)? Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and Buckethead would be my ideal guitar duo. I would rather an Axl/Thal/Bucket connection over any other incarnation. It would be godly.