Did people on the forums used to talk Bumblefoot before he joined Guns?

BaDoBsEsSiOn418

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I recall people talking about how he should join GN'R. John 5's name used to come up too. How did people find out about Ron?

They did when he claimed he was trying out for Gnr way before he joined.

Then he said people misunderstood him. Then the talk went away until he was seen at hammerstein.

No talked about himi before he said he was trying out for guns the first time.

Edited by gnr-dave

He was rumoured to join over a year before he actually did - that was when the Guns camp first contacted him. Supposedly negotiations broke down a little after the word got out (some miscommunication?) - then a few days before the Hammerstein shows, he got the call up and learnt all the songs in that short period of time.

The rumour is that Axl was trying to get Buckethead back which is why they took so long to call Ron. This is 100% a rumour though and there's nothing tangible to back it up.

The only member Id heard of before they joined guns was Josh Freese and Robin Finck. The rest were all unknowns to me. Its pretty cool that way though as your introduced to things (he is a thing) like Buckethead that wouldnt have crossed my radar.

Thing is : management publicly called him a liar when he publicly said on his website that GnR contacted him even though rumours were already all over the internet... :fuckyou:

Other thing is : the whole "Joe Satriani recommended Ron for GnR" story started in a very funny way.

To make it very simple :

A french magazine published an interview with Satch in which he was really talking shit about Ron. He was really being an asshole about him.

And that was really weird. Didn't sound like Satch.

Ron was kinda disappointed with this article since he had just played on a Satriani tribute album and he was a huge Satch fan.

So Bumblefoot fans ( he has a huge following cult in France, he toured France four times on his own while he was almost unknown in the United States ) from a huge guitar forum called "guitariste.com" got pissed and went on Satch's forum and asked him about the whole thing.

Satch replied that the interviewer completely modified what was said and that in a nutshell he was upset because he actually thought that Ron was brilliant.

A few months after that ( 2003 I believe ), he invited Ron to jam with him on his tour and they became good friends.

And then comes 2004...and then 2006.

So basically, if Ron got the opportunity to play with GnR and record on Chinese Democracy, it's because he's a talented dude, because Slash recommended him, but also partly because of a bunch of French guitar nerds on a forum :rofl-lol:

He was rumoured to join over a year before he actually did - that was when the Guns camp first contacted him. Supposedly negotiations broke down a little after the word got out (some miscommunication?) - then a few days before the Hammerstein shows, he got the call up and learnt all the songs in that short period of time.

The rumour is that Axl was trying to get Buckethead back which is why they took so long to call Ron. This is 100% a rumour though and there's nothing tangible to back it up.

HV the was actually from Bucket's webmaster im pretty sure, he was posting on HTGTG. He let out a few interesting things that went out there. Il try get his username and check it out.

Like some said, it was through Satch that Bumble got noticed by GnR. Someone asked Bumble about it, he made a mistake by answering that in a public manner, which ended the journey abruptly. Because he talked like he was basically in the band (in the eyes of GnR management), while they were just testing him to see if he could replace Buckethead temporarily for some shows while they tried to get Bucket back. This is a fact confirmed by 2 (now ex-)managers.

Then for a long period. he was out of the picture and GnR was still busy trying to get back Bucket through different ways.

2006, 3 weeks before the first Hammerstein, they still were trying to get Bucket with no succes. So reluctantly they called Bumble to fill in, which he still does...just fill in until Bucket is back. Insiders know Axl is still waiting for that before really big stuff happen. He wants the general public to know that Bucket is the guitarist.

Brain dislikes Bumble musically and personally and will only come back if Bucket is in too.

Bucket is the only guitarist Axl wants in the band, the rest are fillers, no matter what is presented publically about it. Noticed the Bucket T-shirt Axl wears this tour? And I don't blame him, Bucket is the most talented guitarist he has worked with and ever will.

Like it or not, that is the way it is. I know it sounds gay to say it, but I talk to some of them, so that is how I know. Do whatever you want with it.

Edited by LLL

Like some said, it was through Satch that Bumble got noticed by GnR. Someone asked Bumble about it, he made a mistake by answering that in a public manner, which ended the journey abruptly. Because he talked like he was basically in the band (in the eyes of GnR management), while they were just testing him to see if he could replace Buckethead temporarily for some shows while they tried to get Bucket back. This is a fact confirmed by 2 (now ex-)managers.

Then for a long period. he was out of the picture and GnR was still busy trying to get back Bucket through different ways.

2006, 3 weeks before the first Hammerstein, they still were trying to get Bucket with no succes. So reluctantly they called Bumble to fill in, which he still does...just fill in until Bucket is back. Insiders know Axl is still waiting for that before really big stuff happen. He wants the general public to know that Bucket is the guitarist.

Brain dislikes Bumble musically and personally and will only come back if Bucket is in too.

Bucket is the only guitarist Axl wants in the band, the rest are fillers, no matter what is presented publically about it. Noticed the Bucket T-shirt Axl wears this tour? And I don't blame him, Bucket is the most talented guitarist he has worked with and ever will.

Like it or not, that is the way it is. I know it sounds gay to say it, but I talk to some of them, so that is how I know. Do whatever you want with it.

No idea if any of this is true but I wouldn't hesitate before trading Bucket's so-called mega talent for Fortus/Bumble/Dj's passion / charisma.

Very talented but plays with the passion my washing machine does its job.

Plus the fact that Weirducket would rather go to Disney, smell dog's poo or something.Maybe that's actually the reason Axl might want him back. One of the few people in the universe who ever said no to him.

Side note , how much of a douche one has to be not to like Bumble personally?

No idea if any of this is true but I wouldn't hesitate before trading Bucket's so-called mega talent for Fortus/Bumble/Dj's passion / charisma.

Plus the fact that Weirducket would rather go to Disney, smell dog's poo or something.Maybe that's actually the reason Axl might want him back. One of the few people in the universe who ever said no to him.

BBF has ZERO charisma, I love how people think just because he moves around on stage he has charisma. The guy is a BORE to watch live. He has zero personality.

BH had tons of charisma and personality. People around here dont seem to even know what charisma is.

That is what charisma means

a. A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm.

b. Personal magnetism or charm:

How was that not BH?

No one even cares about Ron when he plays live, most people in the crowed LOVED BH when he played, esp during his solo spots.

NO one loved rons solo spots until he got a cheap cheer when he started playing dont cry, that was the only way he could get people not to take a piss break when he soloed.

Who cares how nice Ron is to the fans that does not make him a better fit for Gnr.

BH is a much better fit than Ron because BH wrote the songs Ron is playing off of CD.

Also BH is the one who Axl wants in the band. Like I said before, dont think for a moment if BH wanted back in that Axl would not take him back and let Ron go.

If people are going to toss the word charisma around at least know what it means.

Gnr cira 2002 was a unique band with a unique style and sound, now they are just a generic rock band.

And I love how people dig on BHs look but they are ok with the EMO look of DJ.

Yeah gnr is def EMO right ?

Edited by gnr-dave

BBF has ZERO charisma, I love how people think just because he moves around on stage he has charisma. The guy is a BORE to watch live. He has zero personality.

BH had tons of charisma and personality. People around here dont seem to even know what charisma is.

a. A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm.

How was that not BH?

No one even cares about Ron when he plays live, most people in the crowed LOVED BH when he played, esp during his solo spots.

NO one loved rons solo spots until he got a cheap cheer when he started playing dont cry, that was the only way he could get people not to take a piss break when he soloed.

Who cares how nice Ron is to the fans that does not make him a better fit for Gnr.

BH is a much better fit than Ron because BH wrote the songs Ron is playing off of CD.

Also BH is the one who Axl wants in the band. Like I said before, dont think for a moment if BH wanted back in that Axl would not take him back and let Ron go.

If people are going to toss the word charisma around at least know what it means.

Gnr cira 2002 was a unique band with a unique style and sound, now they are just a generic rock band.

I love how you know how other people feel about BF and BH. How do you know how other people feel about a specific subject?

But you are right........it's all about the look isn't it? Because if they don't look cool then I don't like em either.

God you sound like a fuckin 13 year old girl in science class talking about fashion.

You stupidity never ceases to amaze.

How was that not BH?

I love how you know how other people feel about BF and BH. How do you know how other people feel about a specific subject?

But you are right........it's all about the look isn't it? Because if they don't look cool then I don't like em either.

God you sound like a fuckin 13 year old girl in science class talking about fashion.

You stupidity never ceases to amaze.

How many shows have you been to since 2000? I have been to about 10 with BH and with Ron and its easy to judge who gets more attention when watching the show.

When BH was in the band a lot of people would want to be on the side of the stage that BH was on (GA), no one cares what side Ron is on.

All eyes were on BH when he was in the band, Ron does not get that. Its easy to judge. No one going to these shows cept a few people even know who Ron is, almost everyone knew who BH was. BH always got huge pop's when he played, Ron could only get one when he broke out dont cry. And the pop was not for him, it was for the song.

You really think if Ron left fans would even care? Tons of fans were upset that BH left. And if BH came back you really think many fans would care Ron is gone? Of course not.

BH was the slash on CD. BH has the IT factor, Ron is just boring and plays with zero emotion, his playing is very cold.

As for is all about looking cool, you really need to learn to read. I was not the one who was saying BH looks dumb or didnt like Robin back in 2002 when he has his space goth look going on.

That would be the Ron lovers of this forum you know your cronies. They are the ones who like Ron and DJ more because they look "cooler" or normal and dont care if BH can play better than Ron.

Look at few posts up. That comment about looking cool should be aimed at them not me. Do you have trouble reading and comprehending who said what?

I have never like a member over another based on looks like the posters above me in this thread. If you are going to make a claim please at least make sure its accurate.

Edited by gnr-dave

this is all complete bullshit

and it wasnt a Buckethead shirt he was wearing. It was Janis Joplin

Edited by RJ88

That t-shirt wasn't of Bucket, it was some old lady singer, completely forgotten her name though.

janis joplin

Yeah that rings the bell, cheers.

I'll believe what LLL says when he or she provides proof until then it's just another faceless person turning assumptions into facts.

Edited by plonker88

How was that not BH?

There is a fine line between logic reasoning and facts and you clearly don't even know what line means. You sound like a cupcake who was horse shitting around before the gigs in South America stating the reason why the public was going to the see GnR as if he knew jackshit about South America,let alone the public who would be attending the shows months before they happen.

Old fans of the original line up / last opportunity to see what's left of GnR since this would be their last tour crap.I live in SA myself and I had no idea what kind of public I would see at the concerts and... big surprise to cupcakes with crystal balls there were tons of teenagers around me singing Chinese Democracy songs at the top of the lungs who definitely weren't old enough to be old line up fans.

So, back on the topic.I went to the concerts and I know how the crowd did or didn't react towards Bumble's performance.I'm fine with just ignoring your comments on he's a bore to watch live and no one cared about him because I also know you don't live inside people's brains ( no pum intended) to know what they think.I do recall quite a few congratulating Ron on the good job upon the release of Chinese Democracy and how much of a good job he'd done,though.

I believe you wanted to say YOU think he is a bore the same way I-myself said I think Bucketweirdo plays with the passion of a washing machine on heavy dirt cycle.So if you're going to toss YOUR opinion around at least know what's your opinion and what isn't and don't base whatever you say on everyone thinks the same way conjectures.

Speaking of conjectures, I could also say people paid so much attention to BH because his eyes glowed,there were firecracker sparks coming out of his ass ,and his ,let's say distinctive look, was way too conspicuous to go unnoticed but, again, that would be my take and not everyone elses'.

On a brighter note... what's even more amusing than your deluded and egotistical takes is BH ain't coming back so keep throwing stones at yourself.

Edited by NiGhTrAiN®

How was that not BH?

There is a fine line between logic reasoning and facts and you clearly don't even know what line means. You sound like a cupcake who was horse shitting around before the gigs in South America stating the reason why the public was going to the see GnR as if he knew jackshit about South America,let alone the public who would be attending the shows months before they happen.

Old fans of the original line up / last opportunity to see what's left of GnR since this would be their last tour crap.I live in SA myself and I had no idea what kind of public I would see at the concerts and... big surprise to cupcakes with crystal balls there were tons of teenagers around me singing Chinese Democracy songs at the top of the lungs who definitely weren't old enough to be old line up fans.

So, back on the topic.I went to the concerts and I know how the crowd did or didn't react towards Bumble's performance.I'm fine with just ignoring your comments on he's a bore to watch live and no one cared about him because I also know you don't live inside people's brains ( no pum intended) to know what they think.I do recall quite a few congratulating Ron on the good job upon the release of Chinese Democracy and how much of a good job he'd done,though.

I believe you wanted to say YOU think he is a bore the same way I-myself said I think Bucketweirdo plays with the passion of a washing machine on heavy dirt cycle.So if you're going to toss YOUR opinion around at least know what's your opinion and what isn't and don't base whatever you say on everyone thinks the same way conjectures.

Speaking of conjectures, I could also say people paid so much attention to BH because his eyes glowed,there were firecracker sparks coming out of his ass ,and his ,let's say distinctive look, was way too conspicuous to go unnoticed but, again, that would be my take and not everyone elses'.

On a brighter note... what's even more amusing than your deluded and egotistical takes is BH ain't coming back so keep throwing stones at yourself.

Ron's additions to CD were crap esp his solos. He butchered what BH did before. And his riff additions were not needed esp on BETTER.

The songs were way better before he ever touched them. The demos are far superior to the album cuts, and if we ever get more leaks of songs that RON is not on you will also see how much better they were esp Shacklers with BHs solo. We all know how he ruined the rhiad solo and the CITR solo. Just awful.

Like I said Ron gets a cheap cheer out of playing don't cry, way more people were into BH, if you dont believe that, that is fine, but you are only fooling yourself.

Remember the MTV VMAS and all the stars back stage, a few were asking if BH was there. No one would ever ask oh is Ron here.

BH is the one person that filled slashs shoes, Ron is not even close.

And what got the most props on CD? That is right it was BH solos.

AS for I think Ron is a bore, no actually most of the fans that go to the shows find him a bore, when it plays its time for a piss break or everyone takes a seat.

When BH played everyone watched him in awe, and no one left their seats and it had nothing to do with his looks.

No one watches Ron during his song solos, no one even cares but BH always took eyes off Axl something Ron has never and will never do

So since you are such a big Ron fan, you honestly think that if BH told Axl he wanted back in, that Axl would not have BH rejoin and let Ron go?

Edited by gnr-dave

Well, if you knew all these details, then surely you would have known that the shirt Axl has been wearing on this tour is NOT a Buckethead shirt. It's Janis Joplin and has been discussed several times here already (it was even mentioned earlier in this thread).

If Axl didn't want Bumblefoot, then why not get somebody else? There are many other capable guitarists out there (no disrespect towards Ron).

Also, why would he have had Bumblefoot record guitar work for Chinese Democracy? I'm sure it would not have offended him (Ron) to not be on much of an already recorded album. After all, Fortus (who has been in the band since 2002) barely played anything on the album. Bumblefoot of course added the fretless rhythm track to Chinese Democracy, re-recorded Brian May's solo on Catcher, did various other fills in songs, and much more.

Above all else - Ron even played the Shackler's solo. If Axl really disliked Bumblefoot, would he have really ditched Buckethead's solo on Shackler's for Ron's?

Don't get me wrong, I love both players (Buckethead and Bumblefoot), but if Axl was really as obsessed with Buckethead as you say, then I doubt he would have had Ron do so many guitar parts for Chinese Democracy - including replacing some of Buckethead's work with Ron's. Before you say it, I realize much of what Buckethead did was left alone, but I was just going with the way you presented your argument.

I liked what BBF did in terms of rhythm work on the album(the title track, the licks in IRS, although the licks in Better were not needed) but his solos were not good(sorry Ron). The Shacklers solo is pure wankage, barely bordering on being musical while the Catcher solo is average. Compare them to the TWAT If the World and Sorry solos and you have your answer on who is the better guitarist.