Did people on the forums used to talk Bumblefoot before he joined Guns?

BaDoBsEsSiOn418

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not liking this Bumble-hate. It's crazy. What happened to all the love he was getting for his note for note Bucket solos when the band were touring Asia and Canada? Lets not forget BBF said himself that during the 2006 tour he didn't have enough time to learn the CD solos so he improvised on them but as the shows went on his playing improved. I like both players but BBF is in the band and Bucket isn't.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

• 5 weeks later...

The rumour is that Axl was trying to get Buckethead back which is why they took so long to call Ron. This is 100% a rumour though and there's nothing tangible to back it up.

Actually Del James verified it in a press release. 100% truth.

That is what charisma means

a. A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm.

b. Personal magnetism or charm:

How was that not BH?

Because BH wore a fucking CHICKEN BUCKET ON HIS HEAD. That neither magnetizes me to him nor did I find it charming. The rest of your posts are all BS. Remember the 2002 VMA's? BH was a nobody up until that point. After that point, he was a LAUGHING STOCK. So was GNR. Every casual fan and even some hardcore fans called them a freak circus show, including most radio DJ's. That's a fact.

The rest of your BS about charisma and this and that regarding BH is just your OPINION. I remember when BH was in the band. 9 out of 10 people I talked to thought GNR was a joke, primarily because of BH. The man can play, no doubt. He may even be a musical genius. But image is just about everything in Rock N' Roll. Robin didn't help running around looking like a zombie. But he at least adapted. And those fans you talk about gravitating to BH? I went to one of those shows too, and the crowd looked pretty even all up front. I didn't notice anyone gravitating to BH's side of the stage. So don't make shit up to push your own agenda.

The thought you'd even take BH's look over DJ's is ridiculous. Do you have a chicken coup in your bedroom? Maybe you like to play with your own shit too, you know, like BH does. Or did you miss those stories.

What a joke.

a. A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm.

How was that not BH?

Because BH wore a fucking CHICKEN BUCKET ON HIS HEAD. That neither magnetizes me to him nor did I find it charming. The rest of your posts are all BS. Remember the 2002 VMA's? BH was a nobody up until that point. After that point, he was a LAUGHING STOCK. So was GNR. Every casual fan and even some hardcore fans called them a freak circus show, including most radio DJ's. That's a fact.

The rest of your BS about charisma and this and that regarding BH is just your OPINION. I remember when BH was in the band. 9 out of 10 people I talked to thought GNR was a joke, primarily because of BH. The man can play, no doubt. He may even be a musical genius. But image is just about everything in Rock N' Roll. Robin didn't help running around looking like a zombie. But he at least adapted. And those fans you talk about gravitating to BH? I went to one of those shows too, and the crowd looked pretty even all up front. I didn't notice anyone gravitating to BH's side of the stage. So don't make shit up to push your own agenda.

The thought you'd even take BH's look over DJ's is ridiculous. Do you have a chicken coup in your bedroom? Maybe you like to play with your own shit too, you know, like BH does. Or did you miss those stories.

What a joke.

I think a lot of people here would rather have a robotic chicken guitar player than whatever you wanna call DJ.

It's not really fair to compare Ron's contribution to GNR to BH. CD was practically complete when Ron joined the group, there was very little left to be done. Who knows what Ron could've offered in the way of original solos and even songwriting if he had joined the group earlier. Perhaps we will find out on the next album.

As for charisma, I'm a big BH fan but lets be honest, the guy draws people in largely because he wears a bucket on his head. Some people think he's a freak, others get off on the whole "enigma" thing, but either way, that look works for him and draws a lot of attention his way. I wouldn't call that charisma, I would call it a gimmick.

Don't get me wrong, I love BH and I wish he was still in the band, but I doubt Axl feels that way anymore. I think Axl was pretty pissed about the way BH treated GNR as a side project.

The rumour is that Axl was trying to get Buckethead back which is why they took so long to call Ron. This is 100% a rumour though and there's nothing tangible to back it up.

Thanks for bumping the month-old thread for that. Look, my fact recollection of events that transpired 4 years ago might not be perfect, so you'll have to allow me this minor indiscretion. :thumbsup:

When I talk about the new band with people outside the forum the only member they know of or ask about (other than Axl) is Buckethead. He was the one with star potential. From here on out it's going to be all about Axl. I think Axl can shoulder it but he's going to have to release some new material in the not so distant future if he wants to carry on in a meaningful way. I think a lot of us would like to see Axl take a shot at becoming popular again but I don't know if he'll do it or not. Otherwise we're probably looking at a tour every 4 years and maybe another album. Either way I'll always listen to the music and go see him play live.

Thanks for bumping the month-old thread for that. Look, my fact recollection of events that transpired 4 years ago might not be perfect, so you'll have to allow me this minor indiscretion. :thumbsup:

No worries, nothing personal :)

The press release was archived over at gunsnroses.us. That was a while ago though and I can't find it now after the site has changed. Maybe someone who has it could post it here.

When I talk about the new band with people outside the forum the only member they know of or ask about (other than Axl) is Buckethead. He was the one with star potential. From here on out it's going to be all about Axl. I think Axl can shoulder it but he's going to have to release some new material in the not so distant future if he wants to carry on in a meaningful way. I think a lot of us would like to see Axl take a shot at becoming popular again but I don't know if he'll do it or not. Otherwise we're probably looking at a tour every 4 years and maybe another album. Either way I'll always listen to the music and go see him play live.

Agreed, Randy :thumbsup:

Edited by ashysdad

Like some said, it was through Satch that Bumble got noticed by GnR. Someone asked Bumble about it, he made a mistake by answering that in a public manner, which ended the journey abruptly. Because he talked like he was basically in the band (in the eyes of GnR management), while they were just testing him to see if he could replace Buckethead temporarily for some shows while they tried to get Bucket back. This is a fact confirmed by 2 (now ex-)managers.

Then for a long period. he was out of the picture and GnR was still busy trying to get back Bucket through different ways.

2006, 3 weeks before the first Hammerstein, they still were trying to get Bucket with no succes. So reluctantly they called Bumble to fill in, which he still does...just fill in until Bucket is back. Insiders know Axl is still waiting for that before really big stuff happen. He wants the general public to know that Bucket is the guitarist.

Brain dislikes Bumble musically and personally and will only come back if Bucket is in too.

Bucket is the only guitarist Axl wants in the band, the rest are fillers, no matter what is presented publically about it. Noticed the Bucket T-shirt Axl wears this tour? And I don't blame him, Bucket is the most talented guitarist he has worked with and ever will.

Like it or not, that is the way it is. I know it sounds gay to say it, but I talk to some of them, so that is how I know. Do whatever you want with it.

No idea if any of this is true but I wouldn't hesitate before trading Bucket's so-called mega talent for Fortus/Bumble/Dj's passion / charisma.

Very talented but plays with the passion my washing machine does its job.

Plus the fact that Weirducket would rather go to Disney, smell dog's poo or something.Maybe that's actually the reason Axl might want him back. One of the few people in the universe who ever said no to him.

Side note , how much of a douche one has to be not to like Bumble personally?

BBF has ZERO charisma, I love how people think just because he moves around on stage he has charisma. The guy is a BORE to watch live. He has zero personality.

BH had tons of charisma and personality. People around here dont seem to even know what charisma is.

How was that not BH?

No one even cares about Ron when he plays live, most people in the crowed LOVED BH when he played, esp during his solo spots.

NO one loved rons solo spots until he got a cheap cheer when he started playing dont cry, that was the only way he could get people not to take a piss break when he soloed.

Who cares how nice Ron is to the fans that does not make him a better fit for Gnr.

BH is a much better fit than Ron because BH wrote the songs Ron is playing off of CD.

Also BH is the one who Axl wants in the band. Like I said before, dont think for a moment if BH wanted back in that Axl would not take him back and let Ron go.

If people are going to toss the word charisma around at least know what it means.

Gnr cira 2002 was a unique band with a unique style and sound, now they are just a generic rock band.

And I love how people dig on BHs look but they are ok with the EMO look of DJ.

Yeah gnr is def EMO right ?

I saw Guns in Toronto back in 2002, and believe me dude, it was piss break when Buckethead has his solo spot. I watched, but alot of people fucked off.

I don't normally pipe up on here, I prefer to take a back seat, but you need to get off your fucking contradicting high horse pal. Second line of above said quote...perhaps the fact he wears a bucket on his head does not ''magnetize'' you nor is it ''charming'' to you...but to many others it was and is. As you keep chiming on about ''that'syour opinion'', this sir is yours, so do not speak as if it is the opinion of many others.

I think you will find the person you are launching this tirade upon has the definition of charisma perfect. Enough said.

In relation to your absolutely ridiculous comment about Buckethead being unknown before the 2002 VMA's or as you so eloquently put it,''a nobody'', yes...artists such as Bootsy Collins and Les Claypool (to name just a couple) would colaborate with ''a nobody''. Two of the best bassists walking the planet.

Thank you for reading, boyo.

Gimme a break dude. And what is "boyo"? Retard slang? And you apparently can't comprehend the English language. I was both stating that BH didn't do anything for me -AND- didn't do much for the vast majority of casual rock fans including the vast majority of people on these very forums when he first hit the scene with GNR. In time, at least on the forums, some folks warmed up to him, including myself. Some loved him. But the vast majority of casual rock fans then, and now, think he's some kind of freak show. A JOKE. Just like they thought GNR was a fake-freak-show joke. Most casual fans no longer think GNR is a freak show, they just think it's not GNR. I'll take that over being laughed at over some guy with a chicken bucket on his head when I tried to defend the band, being the good GNR fan I am.

And yes, before GNR Buckethead was a nobody. Still is outside of his cult following. In fact, you can say the same thing about BBF, DJ and the rest of the band other than maybe Tommy. And that's a big maybe. Truth is, 90% of causal rock fans who know who BH is, is thanks to his time in GNR. And when asked about him, they say, "you mean that weirdo that's in GNR?". So stop fooling yourself.

As for the clowns talking about the majority would rather have a chicken-bucket donning robot in the band over DJ, they must be smoking some chicken-coup shredded newspaper. If it hasn't been done already, I bet if there was a poll on who'd people would prefer, DJ or BH, the majority would favor DJ. Probably the vast majority.

Prove me wrong, I dare anybody.

Gimme a break dude. And what is "boyo"? Retard slang? And you apparently can't comprehend the English language. I was both stating that BH didn't do anything for me -AND- didn't do much for the vast majority of casual rock fans including the vast majority of people on these very forums when he first hit the scene with GNR. In time, at least on the forums, some folks warmed up to him, including myself. Some loved him. But the vast majority of casual rock fans then, and now, think he's some kind of freak show. A JOKE. Just like they thought GNR was a fake-freak-show joke. Most casual fans no longer think GNR is a freak show, they just think it's not GNR. I'll take that over being laughed at over some guy with a chicken bucket on his head when I tried to defend the band, being the good GNR fan I am.

And yes, before GNR Buckethead was a nobody. Still is outside of his cult following. In fact, you can say the same thing about BBF, DJ and the rest of the band other than maybe Tommy. And that's a big maybe. Truth is, 90% of causal rock fans who know who BH is, is thanks to his time in GNR. And when asked about him, they say, "you mean that weirdo that's in GNR?". So stop fooling yourself.

As for the clowns talking about the majority would rather have a chicken-bucket donning robot in the band over DJ, they must be smoking some chicken-coup shredded newspaper. If it hasn't been done already, I bet if there was a poll on who'd people would prefer, DJ or BH, the majority would favor DJ. Probably the vast majority.

Pleasant to see you are aware of slang. I comprehend English very well, one would think having a degree in it would help. Nice to see you are chief spokesman for the ''VAST'' majority of casual rock fans. How did you earn such a position? Enlighten me please! Haha, you complete and utter baffoon! I have never once heard anyone refer to him as a freak/circus clown or any other such term after seeing him, they just think he is a highly talented player and that is what matters.

Give my warmest regards to the ''casual'' rock world at the next seminar, boyo.

Buckethead vs. Bumblefoot. It poses the ultimate question. Whom would I rather hear cover Slash's riffs??? My answer: It doesn't matter.

I know I wouldnt want Slash to cover riffs from a band he isnt in.....

Hi gays.

I joined mygnr in 2004. Bumble joined gnr in 2006. So obviously my history with gnr is much more significant than Bumble's.

Anyway, I can confirm that no one here talked about him before the rumors first surfaced that he had been approached by the GnR camp. I gave Axl my approval to hire him.

In one of his early chats with gnr fans he was asked whether the band would ever play Double Talkin' Jive. His reply was "is that a song?"

I lol'd.

In one of his early chats with gnr fans he was asked whether the band would ever play Double Talkin' Jive. His reply was "is that a song?"

I lol'd.

I don't often agree with you Dead but yes, that's pretty fucking inexcusable. If you're going to join GNR then you should know the entire catalogue by heart.

That said I really like Bumble and his work.

Hi gays.

I joined mygnr in 2004. Bumble joined gnr in 2006. So obviously my history with gnr is much more significant than Bumble's.

Anyway, I can confirm that no one here talked about him before the rumors first surfaced that he had been approached by the GnR camp. I gave Axl my approval to hire him.

I lol'd.

Exactly, that's all you can say about it.

Nothing personnal, but no one knew or cared about him and he doesn't give a shit on GN'R, he just plays to earn money.

Hi gays.

I lol'd.

Nothing personnal, but no one knew or cared about him and he doesn't give a shit on GN'R, he just plays to earn money.

Yeah, because I'm sure he earns a whole lot of money doing those compensation shows in front of hotels. You're a fucking idiot.

Pleasant to see you are aware of slang. I comprehend English very well, one would think having a degree in it would help. Nice to see you are chief spokesman for the ''VAST'' majority of casual rock fans. How did you earn such a position? Enlighten me please! Haha, you complete and utter baffoon! I have never once heard anyone refer to him as a freak/circus clown or any other such term after seeing him, they just think he is a highly talented player and that is what matters.

You must live in a bubble then, 'boyo'. Did they teach you that in your phantom English curriculum? Just about every radio DJ after the MTV debacle, when 'freak show' GNR was thrust into the mainstream, called it a joke. A circus act. A freak show. That sentiment was all over THIS VERY FORUM, and others. Any friends I talked to, if they even got wind of 'Round 1', called it a joke. One even thought the band forgot it wasn't Halloween yet. Others speculated BH was actually Slash in disguise, and when they found out it was really Brian Carroll, aka 'Buckethead', and that was his real gimmick (lets hope so at least... otherwise the guy truly belongs in a mental hospital), they laughed. Nobody, other than hardcore fans, could even begin to accept 'new' GNR and take them seriously.

But you know that already, right? There was only countless news articles, websites, magazine write-ups for years calling GNR a joke. A freak show. A circus act.

But I'm sure you were too busy getting your 'English degree'. Lol. Are you really trying to talk yourself up on a forum? You better suck your chest in under a doorway before the bull-shit you're trying to fool yourself with doesn't hit you when it falls out of the sky.

Anyway, I gotta get back to my buffoon (notice the correct spelling, Mr. English major) girlfriend. She has some tasty gnats crawling through her scalp that I need to go pick out for her.

Oh, want your 'vast majority'? Go on YouTube and search for the 2002 VMA performance and read the comments. Less the very few GNR followers, probably from forums like this, there is nothing but negative talk about Buckethead, 'new' GNR and Axl in general.

In fact, here's a couple for you to simply click on:

And read through some of the comments to this article if you wanna hear the casual fans calling BH a freak and GNR a circus act:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/axl_cancels_rock_in_rio_show_blames_buckethead.html

You can Google hundreds more.

Have fun.

FOR THE RECORD: I've been a big supporter of Axl's vision and GNR (yes, it is GNR to me) since day one. Outside of me thinking BH was a freak and terrible for the band, I love all of the new stuff and especially the current lineup. My point with these posts is to dispel the myth that BH was great for the band in the eyes of the casual rock fan, and supporting the contributions BBF and the rest of the current lineup have brought to the table.

I can guarantee the same clowns talking trash about BBF in this thread would do anything to get backstage passes and be BBF's best friend should he decide to come outside of their hotel and jam on the steps.

Pathetic.

Edited by Matt13

on cd.com there were lots of people who have been a bumblefan for over 7 years now

dark angel being one of them

You must live in a bubble then, 'boyo'. Did they teach you that in your phantom English curriculum? Just about every radio DJ after the MTV debacle, when 'freak show' GNR was thrust into the mainstream, called it a joke. A circus act. A freak show. That sentiment was all over THIS VERY FORUM, and others. Any friends I talked to, if they even got wind of 'Round 1', called it a joke. One even thought the band forgot it wasn't Halloween yet. Others speculated BH was actually Slash in disguise, and when they found out it was really Brian Carroll, aka 'Buckethead', and that was his real gimmick (lets hope so at least... otherwise the guy truly belongs in a mental hospital), they laughed. Nobody, other than hardcore fans, could even begin to accept 'new' GNR and take them seriously.

But you know that already, right? There was only countless news articles, websites, magazine write-ups for years calling GNR a joke. A freak show. A circus act.

But I'm sure you were too busy getting your 'English degree'. Lol. Are you really trying to talk yourself up on a forum? You better suck your chest in under a doorway before the bull-shit you're trying to fool yourself with doesn't hit you when it falls out of the sky.

Anyway, I gotta get back to my buffoon (notice the correct spelling, Mr. English major) girlfriend. She has some tasty gnats crawling through her scalp that I need to go pick out for her.

Oh, want your 'vast majority'? Go on YouTube and search for the 2002 VMA performance and read the comments. Less the very few GNR followers, probably from forums like this, there is nothing but negative talk about Buckethead, 'new' GNR and Axl in general.

And read through some of the comments to this article if you wanna hear the casual fans calling BH a freak and GNR a circus act:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/axl_cancels_rock_in_rio_show_blames_buckethead.html

Have fun.

FOR THE RECORD: I've been a big supporter of Axl's vision and GNR (yes, it is GNR to me) since day one. Outside of me thinking BH was a freak and terrible for the band, I love all of the new stuff and especially the current lineup. My point with these posts is to dispel the myth that BH was great for the band in the eyes of the casual rock fan, and supporting the contributions BBF and the rest of the current lineup have brought to the table.

I can guarantee the same clowns talking trash about BBF in this thread would do anything to get backstage passes and be BBF's best friend should he decide to come outside of their hotel and jam on the steps.

Pathetic.

talking about epic posts, that was one hell of a comeback man

Have fun.

Pathetic.

Like you, I have been a big supporter of Axl's vision and GNR(and yes it is GNR to me also) since day one. I am a big BBF fan, and think he is a great player, since we keep using the word ''vast'' I shall stick with the trend when saying a ''vast'' amount of people think regardless of looks, the playing speaks for itself. Naturally internetland and indeed radio DJ's are going to spout stuff like circus act etc. In particular to the press and radio DJ's it is their job, and Axl can never do right in the press, up until recently where he has been getting good reviews.

In relation to your questions, yes, I was highly busy throughout my university career and no, I have no need to ''big myself'' up on a forum, merely stating a fact after you questioned my understandng of English. In regards to your ''girlfriend''...she sounds a rather vile creature. Love is more than skin deep though, eh?

In relation to above said quote...epic post indeed, quite a ''comeback'', not so much. I have better things to do with my time than write mammoth comebacks on a forum, must have hit a raw nerve.

Cheers, boyo!

Hi gays.

I lol'd.

Yeah, because I'm sure he earns a whole lot of money doing those compensation shows in front of hotels. You're a fucking idiot.

:lol: something tells me he wasn't playing those sober

Edited by JesusisSavior