New SIXX:A.M. Songs/Album On The Way...

Gordon Comstock

^^^^^^^ not about looks totally as for BH, the look the gimmicks the puppet talking the mask, the fact that when I seen them he stood there and did nothing. Can he play sure but thats it I would rather have someone who can play the shit outta the music and be comfortable in his own skin in this band, and with the fans. Just my opinion though Dave, my observations.

And for the record I never liked Robin much due to his playing rather than his look

Agreed.

Bucket is a great guitarist, but he doesnt fit the dynamic of the band. Bumble and DJ both have great stage presence as well as being the best at keeping contact with the fan base.

They can play all the licks, too. Plus, we don't know at all what kind of songwriting they could create together w/ Axl and Tommy... they haven't done it yet. Could be some great stuff!

BH has better stage presence than both Ron and DJ combined. BH was the one guitarist that could take all eyes off Axl (and he did) when playing, no one cares about Ron or DJ, I bet most dont even know their names. But everyone knew who BH was and watched him.

We already know what amazing work BH did with Axl and there is still more in the vault. BHs songs shine on CD. And Ron cannot play BHs licks, he has clearly proven that. There is a reason why TWAT is hardly ever played.

DJ can play the AFD songs better than Robin but DJ struggles playing Robins CD parts and the BHs one's that he does.

I dont even like how Fortus does the madagascar solo. I think he kills it. BHs 2002 madagascar solos and esp his RIR3 solo are vastly better than what Fortus is playing.

And yes BH dynamic fit the band pefectly, DJ and Ron just make gnr a generic rock band, where as the 2002 band was insanely talented and unique.

Edited by gnr-dave

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunns5

Brain + Bucket + Axl, a perfect combination of musicians that happen once in a lifetime. Will it ever happen again (in a live setting) probably not, but at least there footprints will be PLASTERED all over CD2

edit* and I agree with dave for once, people who cant get past BH's look needs to just shut their eyes and listen to his playing in the 2002 concerts. He did Every song justice, both old and new. Now, we are praying to god that every time twat is played live, that its somewhat similar to how it is on the record.

Edited by gunns5

Because he was in gnr for close to 10 years and wrote most of the stuff on CD and the follow ups?

What follow ups are they then? Do you know when they are coming out? RObin wrote most of the stuff on the follow up did he?? Fuckin hell this is major news.

Oh no, actually its not. Your just assuming things and putting them out there as facts. Really, coming out with blatant fan speculation like "Robin wrote most of the stuff on the follow up to Chinese Democracy" instantly discredits you and makes you look like a silly billy.

I watched Buckethead and Axl equally back in 2002. In 2006 and 2010 I mainly watched Axl. DJ, Ron and Richard are all doing a great job covering everybody's parts but I'm still mainly interested in just watching Axl. He's the vibe merchant in the band. With Buckethead, they had 2 vibe merchants, but now they're back to one. Regardless, it's still a great time and I look forward to more Guns albums with Bucket's wonderful playing on them.

Edited by ITW 2012

I watched Buckethead and Axl equally back in 2002. In 2006 and 2010 I mainly watched Axl. DJ, Ron and Richard are all doing a great job covering everybody's parts but I'm still mainly interested in just watching Axl. He's the vibe merchant in the band. With Buckethead, they had 2 vibe merchants, but now they're back to one. Regardless, it's still a great time and I look forward to more Guns albums with Bucket's wonderful playing on them.

Bucket was no 'vibe merchant' in GNR. He played amazing guitar, but he barely even moved on stage. He took eyes off of Axl because he looked weird.

And yes, I am certain he has his own following of fans that went to shows just to see him - but that doesn't mean he fit in with GNR. It is VERY apparent that the band members right now are comfortable as a group and are a very cohesive unit.

For all the bitching you see around here over solos, you'd think that people wouldn't want the guy with the glowing nunchaku solo back so badly. Interesting or not, he was a spectacle more than a charismatic guitar player.

Because he was in gnr for close to 10 years and wrote most of the stuff on CD and the follow ups?

What follow ups are they then? Do you know when they are coming out? RObin wrote most of the stuff on the follow up did he?? Fuckin hell this is major news.

Oh no, actually its not. Your just assuming things and putting them out there as facts. Really, coming out with blatant fan speculation like "Robin wrote most of the stuff on the follow up to Chinese Democracy" instantly discredits you and makes you look like a silly billy.

Do people even follow this band? Seriously, everyone knows Gnr wrote enough songs to make up three albums, Axl even stated himself CD he considers a double album, they have two full albums done when CD was being made.

Robin is the one who started writing with Axl back in 1997/1998, Robin helped write the basis for all of the songs.

Like I said before, just because Robin does not get writing credits on the songs does not mean he didnt help write them, again its just like Slash wrote the solos and what not for estranged and Nov rain yet Axl got stole credit for both.

If you dont think Robin helped write the songs on the follow up albums, then you dont know anything about this band. Axl said how long ago they had about 40 or so songs done? I bet you are going to disupute Robin played on all those songs too right??

I like Sixx:Am's first record. looking forward to this.

Why the fuck would somebody want Robin back?

lol buckethead

You do know if BH said tomorrow he wants back in, Axl would drop Ron in a heartbeat right?

+1

Robin, Bucket and Brain should be in the band, and of course Izzy

Guest RonMexico82

Robin sucked live butchered everything and pranced around like a tool onstage. Buckethead is the best guitarist that has ever been in the band but he doesn't fit and his quirks were nothing but a burden to Axl and the reputation of fhe band. Ron and DJ and Frank are the best thing to have happened this band in years and the proof is in the current tour.

DJ is great in the band, but will be replaced in the future.

Some people say Robin suckd live, that's there opinion, mine is that he was amazing, improvised abit here & there and i liked that.

I agree on '' Axl would fire Ron in a heartbeat if BH wanted to return to the band '', the original Chinese Democracy line-up is the best.

DJ reminds me of Slash alot, his guitar playing, top hat, jack daniels shirt, movement, for me he is a wanna be, but he has skills.

I always wanted to see Robin play his This I Love solo.

My Opinion.

- American Psycho

Edited by American Psycho

Robin sucked live butchered everything and pranced around like a tool onstage. Buckethead is the best guitarist that has ever been in the band but he doesn't fit and his quirks were nothing but a burden to Axl and the reputation of fhe band. Ron and DJ and Frank are the best thing to have happened this band in years and the proof is in the current tour.

Frank and Ron are the worst two things to happen. Frank is a bar drummer at best and Ron butchers EVERYTHING by BH.

The band in 2002 is far superior to this band. DJ can play the AFD songs better than Robin but DJ cannot play Robins parts, he butchers them big time.

BH and Robin were unique and a great complement to each others playing, Ron and DJ are just generic cock rock guitar players that are a dime a dozen.

They are nameless and faceless. And Brain is the best drummer gnr ever had (again freese does not count) Frank is by far the worst drummer they ever had.

The current bad is boring and way to generic.

Frank and Ron are the worst two things to happen. Frank is a bar drummer at best and Ron butchers EVERYTHING by BH.

The band in 2002 is far superior to this band. DJ can play the AFD songs better than Robin but DJ cannot play Robins parts, he butchers them big time.

BH and Robin were unique and a great complement to each others playing, Ron and DJ are just generic cock rock guitar players that are a dime a dozen.

They are nameless and faceless. And Brain is the best drummer gnr ever had (again freese does not count) Frank is by far the worst drummer they ever had.

I don't see where Frank is so bad. He drums well and he's into it.

There is so much to a rock show other than perfection and precision on the instruments... that's they have the albums, after all. You can hear the song precisely the way it is intended to sound... then, at the show, people throw in some groove or extend it or tool around with it in some fashion.

Frank has a great personality as do DJ and Ron. I think the chemistry of the band members currently on tour is only matched by GNR in their Appetite years.

I still say it's plain to see that, as a BAND these guys are in the right place. I don't want any of them to leave.

There is so much to a rock show other than perfection and precision on the instruments... that's they have the albums, after all. You can hear the song precisely the way it is intended to sound... then, at the show, people throw in some groove or extend it or tool around with it in some fashion.

Frank has a great personality as do DJ and Ron. I think the chemistry of the band members currently on tour is only matched by GNR in their Appetite years.

I still say it's plain to see that, as a BAND these guys are in the right place. I don't want any of them to leave.

Frank is not a great drummer, its that simple. And he is not good enough to be in guns n roses esp when the drummer before him was someone like Brain.

Frank is an average drummer at best.

And who cares about personality, its all about talent. You can be the nicest personal in the world but does that mean you should be the drummer for guns n roses? Of course not.

As for the chemistry is only matched by the AFD years, God some of you are really outragous with some of you claims. Most of the bad hates Ron, you do know that right?

OH of course don't. Just go back and watch shows esp when Ron first joined, he would walk over to play with Robin or Tommy and they would just walk away.

Tommy, Robin and Richard had much better chemistry than this current band. DJ, Frank and Ron are just hired hands and if BH, Robin and Brain all told Axl the want back in tomorrow, dont think for a second DJ,, Ron and Frank wouldnt be out on the street. If you dont think they would be, you are lying to yourself.

These guys are NOT a band, they are hired guns. The 2000-02 was a band, the current band is just a bunch of replacements for the Gnr version that was actually a band that wrote CD.

Frank is not a great drummer, its that simple. And he is not good enough to be in guns n roses esp when the drummer before him was someone like Brain.

And who cares about personality, its all about talent. You can be the nicest personal in the world but does that mean you should be the drummer for guns n roses? Of course not.

As for the chemistry is only matched by the AFD years, God some of you are really outragous with some of you claims. Most of the bad hates Ron, you do know that right?

OH of course don't. Just go back and watch shows esp when Ron first joined, he would walk over to play with Robin or Tommy and they would just walk away.

Tommy, Robin and Richard had much better chemistry than this current band. DJ, Frank and Ron are just hired hands and if BH, Robin and Brain all told Axl the want back in tomorrow, dont think for a second DJ,, Ron and Frank wouldnt be out on the street. If you dont think they would be, you are lying to yourself.

These guys are NOT a band, they are hired guns. The 2000-02 was a band, the current band is just a bunch of replacements for the Gnr version that was actually a band that wrote CD.

:o Wow... I didn't know the whole band hated Ron, but if you say so... you're the owner of the truth after all. :shrugs:

I have seen/heard/read nothing that goes along with what you just said there.

As far as Frank goes - I didn't say he was just a nice guy. I mean, I'm sure he is, but what I'm talking about is having a real passion and flavor for performing. Again, not that I'm saying Brain or anyone else DIDN'T have those qualities - I just think it is quite apparent that Frank DOES.

You don't just go by talent, that's shortsighted. You think the world's best guitarist, bassist, drummer, singer, etc. all put together automatically makes a great band? That's just a group of people who are particularly talented individuals. That's really what I see whenever I look at Bucket's days in Guns. H's a phenomenal guitarist, but not such a great band member. Ron and DJ are (in the opinion of most) a couple of notches down from BH skillwise, but way ahead of him as far as stage presence and showmanship. At a concert I don't want to just stand there and listen to great, perfect music... I want to be entertained in a unique fashion. I can listen to the radio and hear fantastic sounding instruments any time.

The rest of your post is just complete conjecture. You're going off of some videos that show someone walking away from Ron on stage? That equates "most of the band hates" him? That's just plain faulty logic. The fact is you don't know ANYTHING about the levels of familiarity or camaraderie between these men. You don't know them or interact with them and you certainly don't have access to any more media than the rest of us showing you evidence that Ron's hated.

One of the biggest reasons I want to see Ron/DJ/ et al. write some material together is to try and put this whole "cover band" bullshit to bed. I really wouldn't even care if we NEVER got to hear anthing that might already be recorded and locked in Axl's basement. Not like I'd suffer or anything from lack of music. Hell, nobody even knows if any of that stuff exists in any finished capacity... and definitely nobody knows for sure that it's any good.

Assume all you want - you don't KNOW.

I have seen/heard/read nothing that goes along with what you just said there.

As far as Frank goes - I didn't say he was just a nice guy. I mean, I'm sure he is, but what I'm talking about is having a real passion and flavor for performing. Again, not that I'm saying Brain or anyone else DIDN'T have those qualities - I just think it is quite apparent that Frank DOES.

You don't just go by talent, that's shortsighted. You think the world's best guitarist, bassist, drummer, singer, etc. all put together automatically makes a great band? That's just a group of people who are particularly talented individuals. That's really what I see whenever I look at Bucket's days in Guns. H's a phenomenal guitarist, but not such a great band member. Ron and DJ are (in the opinion of most) a couple of notches down from BH skillwise, but way ahead of him as far as stage presence and showmanship. At a concert I don't want to just stand there and listen to great, perfect music... I want to be entertained in a unique fashion. I can listen to the radio and hear fantastic sounding instruments any time.

The rest of your post is just complete conjecture. You're going off of some videos that show someone walking away from Ron on stage? That equates "most of the band hates" him? That's just plain faulty logic. The fact is you don't know ANYTHING about the levels of familiarity or camaraderie between these men. You don't know them or interact with them and you certainly don't have access to any more media than the rest of us showing you evidence that Ron's hated.

One of the biggest reasons I want to see Ron/DJ/ et al. write some material together is to try and put this whole "cover band" bullshit to bed. I really wouldn't even care if we NEVER got to hear anthing that might already be recorded and locked in Axl's basement. Not like I'd suffer or anything from lack of music. Hell, nobody even knows if any of that stuff exists in any finished capacity... and definitely nobody knows for sure that it's any good.

Assume all you want - you don't KNOW.

I think Ron, Frank and DJ are worthy replacements. Would I like to hear Robin, Bucket Brain hell even Paul perform the songs they wrote? Yes but right now the guys who are in the band are playing them as best as they can. Axl must have saw something in these guys to bring them onboard to play the other guys parts. If he didn't think they were capable they wouldn't be here.

I'm hoping on the last ever show regarding Chinese Democracy there's a one off event where everybody involved with the album plays it live, that would be something to see.

At the moment I think the band are like a family. It's a shame we don't see Axl in Tommy's videos when the guys are out eating but I would like to think the guys enjoy each others company not just when they are onstage either.

Regarding SIXX:AM if they bring out an album anytime soon I hope that it doesn't clash with GN'R plans if they have some. Somebody mentioned Robin covering for a few shows circa Izzy and Gilby in 1993. I would love to hear Robin play This I Love more than anything else because I think that was the best solo he has written with the band besides Better. When either of the bands aren't doing anything I think DJ will either carry on with his work with SIX:AM or maybe write material with GN'R. Nobody knows.