Are Avenged Sevenfold any good?

Towelie

City of Evil is a great album as is their self titled one, both are well worth checking out. But the bands sound on the whole is an acquired taste, you will either love it or hate it.

Edited by plonker88

I cant believe everyone whos commented here hasnt even heard Waking The Fallen, aka their best album. I think this was when their sound was its most complete. Here are some of the "choice nuggets" from that disc. You must hear Waking The Fallen if youre even remotely interested in this band. its an awesome disc

"Second Heartbeat"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkcjfCmlYe0&feature=related

And an epic song "I Wont See You Tonight"

I cant believe everyone whos commented here hasnt even heard Waking The Fallen, aka their best album. I think this was when their sound was its most complete. Here are some of the "choice nuggets" from that disc. You must hear Waking The Fallen if youre even remotely interested in this band. its an awesome disc

"Second Heartbeat"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkcjfCmlYe0&feature=related

And an epic song "I Wont See You Tonight"

I have that album and yeah there are some great songs on there but overall it just didn't do it for me. I Won't See You Tonight Part 1 is easily one of their best songs though. I guess I'm a fan of the slighly more modern/polished stuff.

They used to be a lot better than they are now. Waking the Fallen has been mentioned already, but it's an amazing album, back from when they were more focused on making music for themselves than going for a more polished sound. City of Evil has some really good songs too, though, like M.I.A., Strength of the World, and Seize the Day. The self titled isn't the greatest though, it just falls kind of flat in places.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Wasn't they one of the forebands when Axl toured in Europe '06? If they was, they really, really sucks. Both bands were horrible.

Yeah they were. And yes, that performance was terrible, although they were still better than Bullet For My Valentine. They're better in the studio though, and from what I've heard they've gotten better live too...

Waking the Fallen is still one of my favorite albums, mainly because for me it bridged the gap between hard rock and heavier music. They write a lot of catchy songs for a metal band and their guitarists are really talented, they're fun to listen to. People talk mad shit about them though, I never really got that. I guess they can be really corny sometimes but at the end of the day they're just a solid band and I'm glad they're still around. Its a shame their drummer passed away so young