U.S.A. Tour

bill_bailey_24

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to think the band would hit the US in the autumn or fall if they were going to tour there this year. Hopefully there are plenty of UK shows beforehand.

Unless they have something new to promote, a U.S. tour is highly, highly unlikely and would, to put it gently, not be a successful outing. Just the way it is.

a U.S. tour is highly, highly unlikely and would, to put it gently, not be a successful outing. Just the way it is.

Not too smart of Axl to burn his bridges with the CEO of Ticketmaster / LiveNation.

http://www.billboard.com/news/axl-rose-sued-by-manager-for-nearly-2-million-1004078635.story#/news/axl-rose-sued-by-manager-for-nearly-2-million-1004078635.story

a U.S. tour is highly, highly unlikely and would, to put it gently, not be a successful outing. Just the way it is.

Not too smart of Axl to burn his bridges with the CEO of Ticketmaster / LiveNation.

http://www.billboard.com/news/axl-rose-sued-by-manager-for-nearly-2-million-1004078635.story#/news/axl-rose-sued-by-manager-for-nearly-2-million-1004078635.story

Burning bridges is Axl's specialty, why not add one more self destructive notch on the peg? Truth is, I'd love a U.S. tour and album coinciding together this fall (who wouldnt?), but honestly, if we havent learned by now that "good ideas" are consistently avoided like the plague, then I don't know what to say.

I would like to think the band would hit the US in the autumn or fall if they were going to tour there this year. Hopefully there are plenty of UK shows beforehand.

Unless they have something new to promote, a U.S. tour is highly, highly unlikely and would, to put it gently, not be a successful outing. Just the way it is.

These guys always tour outside the country first then hit the US. Dunno why people even speculate about this, as history always repeats itself. To take it further and claim that they have no reason to tour here is ridiculous.

I think it's a bad move to try touring the States without a new album. They could still play New York, LA, Chicago and Boston without a new album though.

They can tour the states, but Axl will need to suck up his pride and realize he is not an arena act here outside of a few major cities.

He should do 5-8,000 seat venues so as to avoid playing half filled arenas, as well as look at getting ticket prices down somewhat to stimulate some demand. I don't think his ego though will be able to handle the idea that he is only a borderline arena act right now in most places (which admittedly would be a tough pill to swallow when you used to play multiple nights in the same cities sold out) but it is time to get over it as the shows would be so much better in smaller places that are more filled up. Granted the money won't be the same as he is used to (which I think is ultimately part of the problem in organizing a US tour) but he needs to get out there and play as there is an audience (albeit smaller than he would like) that would like to see some shows.

Please a US tour would do fine if you know how to promote it. Magazines, newspapers, TV ads, word of mouth hype, and knowing were to tour is all needed. If they did a tour that was like this:

New York

Boston

Chicago

Pittsburg

Cleveland

Richmond

Ashville

Atlanta

Pensacola

Miami

Little Rock

Houston

Kansas City

Indianapolis

Salt Lake City

Denver

Phoenix

And 2 or 3 shows in California

This tour could be largely successful in arenas.

Edited by Cdlove

They can tour the states, but Axl will need to suck up his pride and realize he is not an arena act here outside of a few major cities.

He should do 5-8,000 seat venues so as to avoid playing half filled arenas, as well as look at getting ticket prices down somewhat to stimulate some demand. I don't think his ego though will be able to handle the idea that he is only a borderline arena act right now in most places (which admittedly would be a tough pill to swallow when you used to play multiple nights in the same cities sold out) but it is time to get over it as the shows would be so much better in smaller places that are more filled up. Granted the money won't be the same as he is used to (which I think is ultimately part of the problem in organizing a US tour) but he needs to get out there and play as there is an audience (albeit smaller than he would like) that would like to see some shows.

I always just assume that they'll only do an arena tour. Playing smaller venues would be a good idea if they aren't going to release a new album or do anything (outside of touring) to promote CD.

If GNR came to Dallas they would have their pick of venues. We have all sizes. The new House of Blues has had many artists play there and the sound is awesome.

I just saw Bullet for My Valentine and they sold the place out. Their new cd, Fever, debut at #3 on the Billboard Charts and they were so happy to be playing the House of blues.

I agree, if a US tour would happen, Axl would have to be content with playing smaller venues. Many acts that were huge years ago, have come to Dallas and played smaller venues.

The US fans don't trust Axl much. The last supposed full tour was back in 2002 and we all know how well that went. I'm hoping now that Axl is older and hopefully wiser, he will consider a US tour and play smaller venues like in the old days and get the fans to trust him again. Maybe then if a new cd is ever released, GNR might be able to play bigger venues here in the US again.

I honestly don't think there will be a US tour. Sixx Am is supposed to do a new cd and since they share a guitar player, then it seems unlikely that GNR will tour the US after the European tour. Besides it'll be almost a year and I doubt Axl will want to continue after a year. lol

Whatever. I have many favorites bands that continue to tour Dallas so I'm good.

I'm just so excited that A7X have decided to tour with Mike the drummer from Dream Theatre filling in for the late Rev. I'm so glad they actually want to play new music for their fans. Maybe Axl can take a lesson from the younger bands out there.

Axl's waiting for Eath's magnetic North Pole to move to North Dakota before he'll tour the US.

:lol:

He really does. There are plenty of people here who want to see this band and have been waiting for a tour.

Come on down to the Mazda Machine

We'll find you a Madza at an affordable price

If we all drove Mazdas we would all live like kings

If we all lived like kings there would be no wars

If there were no wars then we'd never fight

So come on down to the Mazda machine