Should NEW GNR cover "Hold the Line"???

BarquisimetoRock

...NEW GNR now seems to get back to bright more than ever so why they mustn't cover a' amazing track to conquer European fans once again?

...what 'bout Supersonic? this songs is a masterpiece...let's imagine axl singin' this part :

You need to find out

'Cos no one's gonna tell you what I'm on about

You need to find a way for what you want to say

But before tomorrow

...Axl can singing it without vocal problems for sure!...if so then these days European fans shall adore gnr more than you think!

rock2

Edited by BarquisimetoRock

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...NEW GNR now seems to get back to bright more than ever so why they mustn't cover a' amazing track to conquer European fans once again?

...what 'bout Supersonic? this songs is a masterpiece...let's imagine axl singin' this part :

You need to find out

But before tomorrow

...Axl can singing it without vocal problems for sure!...if so then these days European fans shall adore gnr more than you think!

rock2

No more covers please!!!! I've always disliked LALD, and although i like KOHD, i wanna see Guns play Guns material. If they swapped out LALD for another cover i wouldn't mind though.

Liams voice is totally different to Axls, the intro wouldnt sound right,

I dont think he even likes oasis.

what da'fuck ?????

...in 2001 Axl said to rock in rio audience that he tried to talk to Oasis while being backstage but those British guys were so unreachable celebrities those days so it was a lame cuz axl likes their music! IF NOT then why did Mr Rose want to talk to them right there? <_<

GN'R covering Oasis, HELL NO!!

Axl once had da balls to cover live and let die so why not covering other amazing artists?????? just tell me!

I don't wanna mean they should add it to the whole tour but they should play it 3 o 5 times around Europe!

what da'fuck ?????

...in 2001 Axl said to rock in rio audience that he tried to talk to Oasis while being backstage but those British guys were so unreachable celebrities those days so it was a lame cuz axl likes their music! IF NOT then why did Mr Rose want to talk to them right there? <_<

Never heard about this, source? It's not on the rock in rio videos.

I don't see why not. A great rock band does a great job covering songs. GNR has changed around songs they've covered, KOHD is definitely a case where they took a song and made it theirs (and yeah I know about Heaven's cover, it sounded like a Rod Stewart song).

And I like Rod's cover of "Alcohol and Cigarettes" - sounds like it could've been a Faces song.

Funniest one is hearing Radiohead covering "Wonderwall" because it sounds like a goof on Oasis.

But Jay-Z doing "Wonderwall" and then going right into "99 Problems".... if Jay Z did "99 Problems" with GNR, it would sound pretty damn good.

what da'fuck ?????

where r u from? how old r u ? u've been a gnr fan for so long?

...I remember that I saw that video on mtv news in 2001...even there were many threads speaking about it on gnr forums those days! if u have the complete show then u can see it's not a joke!

...maybe Oasis and GNR might be together on stage again!...I hope so !

They should play sympathy for the devil live. wouldnt have to be faithful to the gnr recording cause its not that well known so thal 4tus and ashba can toss solos back and forth while pittman slays with some sick synth shit!

yeah that song would kick asses !... :thumbsup:

what da'fuck ?????

...I remember that I saw that video on mtv news in 2001...even there were many threads speaking about it on gnr forums those days! if u have the complete show then u can see it's not a joke!

Dude, lay off the bong pipe. Axl said "it's too bad we couldn't work things out, like Oasis". That has NOTHING to do with Axl trying to talk to Oasis, let alone the fact whether or not he likes them.

On topic: lol Oasis

what da'fuck ?????

Axl said "it's too bad we couldn't work things out, like Oasis". That has NOTHING to do with Axl trying to talk to Oasis, let alone the fact whether or not he likes them.

that's only a part of his speech,...right there he also told "we tried to treat Oasis nicely but they didn't wanna be our friends" I saw that video on mtv news, the problem is that the fucking whole show isn't easy to get! before youtube came out i remember there was a site where i also saw it! there are still parts of that show that most fans haven't seen YET! :shrugs:

fitting d'ya know how much cash and fame Noel Gallagher has ? this is one of the reasons about why Mr Rose could wanna be his friend

As far as I'm aware there is a mutual respect between Axl and the Gallaghers. I've seen it a few times where they've talked positively about each other. Axl is a fan of theirs and I'm sure I remember a Noel interview where he mentioned that Liam used to play Appetite all the time not long after it came out. On the Oasis Definately Maybe dvd there is a performance from Chicago in 1994 and Axl is actually sitting just next to Noel's Marshall stack smoking and enjoying the tunes. There was also a more recent Noel interview where someone asked him about Chi Dem and he said something along the lines of "Something that mental can't possibly be anything but brilliant." I used to have a picture of Axl and Liam hanging out back in 2002 aswell.

**EDIT**

Here's Noel's thoughts.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/oasiss-noel-gallagher-cant-wait-to-hear-chinese-democracy-187489

Edited by Bansidhe

As far as I'm aware there is a mutual respect between Axl and the Gallaghers. I've seen it a few times where they've talked positively about each other. Axl is a fan of theirs and I'm sure I remember a Noel interview where he mentioned that Liam used to play Appetite all the time not long after it came out. On the Oasis Definately Maybe dvd there is a performance from Chicago in 1994 and Axl is actually sitting just next to Noel's Marshall stack smoking and enjoying the tunes. There was also a more recent Noel interview where someone asked him about Chi Dem and he said something along the lines of "Something that mental can't possibly be anything but brilliant." I used to have a picture of Axl and Liam hanging out back in 2002 aswell.

**EDIT**

Here's Noel's thoughts.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/oasiss-noel-gallagher-cant-wait-to-hear-chinese-democracy-187489

c'mon...upload that photo right here...if not then we'll know that u r a poor liar! <_<

You need to find out

But before tomorrow

rock2

no way, they would't pull that one off.... Supersonic is a masterpiece.. it needs Noel and Liam to sound right

no band will ever cover Estranged...

that's only a part of his speech,...right there he also told "we tried to treat Oasis nicely but they didn't wanna be our friends"

Well if he ever liked Oasis he stopped after that

come on, this is Axl Rose we're talking about

You need to find out

But before tomorrow

rock2

no way, they would't pull that one off.... Supersonic is a masterpiece.. it needs Noel and Liam to sound right

no band will ever cover Estranged...

maybe Noel and Axl can sing "don't look back in anger" someday,maybe!....i know u also wanna see'em doin' it! rock2

what da'fuck ?????

FYI, I've been a fan since the early 1990's. I was at Rock In Rio 3 (and every one since), don't recall him saying that, he doesn't say it on the videos - never happened. He mentioned Oasis, he said something like- " shame we couldn't all find away to all get a long like Oasis".

Oasis are broke up, they wont be on stage together.

what da'fuck ?????

Oasis are broke up, they wont be on stage together.

so what? GNR once did and they're now around!

fitting would axl and Bobby Kimball look so hot if they sing together "hold the line" ? Bobby is a mature guy these days but he's still cute!

It's not in the way that you hold me

It's not in the way you say you care

It's not in the way you've been treating my friends

It's not in the way that you'll stay till the end

It's not in the way you look or the things that you say that you do

axl can singing it perfectly ...Dizzy would play the piano wildly there! rock3

On the Oasis Definately Maybe dvd there is a performance from Chicago in 1994 and Axl is actually sitting just next to Noel's Marshall stack smoking and enjoying the tunes. There was also a more recent Noel interview where someone asked him about Chi Dem and he said something along the lines of "Something that mental can't possibly be anything but brilliant." I used to have a picture of Axl and Liam hanging out back in 2002 aswell.

I need to see these.