Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

You're all incredibly ignorant. The facts will be presented tomorrow and perhaps you can take your eyes off Axl's ball sack for a few minutes to read them :)

Facts? Sorry but this is very simple, and it's not just GN'R. This happens to many bands. Idiots throw shit. It's happened for decades now, and it's simple:

1) Idiots throw shit

2) Band gives a warning

3) Idiots continue to throw shit

4) Band follows through on warning and leaves

It was nice of them to come back. I wouldn't have. I've seen other bands leave when this shit goes down. And it has nothing to do with being late, I've seen idiots throw shit at bands that were on time. They just want attention. They want to be the Grinch.

I think this is the third time I'm saying this now:

If a chick is meeting you for dinner, and she's late, do you bottle her in the face?

No, you fucking don't.

Blame the assholes who threw shit. They have a combined IQ of about 4.

The only people who don't get this here are the haters and people who had their show ruined. I feel bad for the people who had their show ruined, but you can't expect a musician to put up with that kind of stuff.

Edited by DocBrown

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back to the hotel from the O2, it was one of the stranger gigs I've been to but the waiting paid off and DJ came out and talked with us for a good half an hour to forty minutes after the gig. The guy is a legend of the absolute highest order and what a humble guy. We asked him what happened tonight and at reading and why it needs to be safe before any of the band will go on. He talked about "Internet forums" and all that. I'll post more tomorrow when I've had a sleep.

"Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

You know where to put your

Just shut up and sing"

except he actually did shut up and sing

Haha I think you missed the point. :rolleyes:

people giving their reviews who were there have all said he came back out and just stood there and sang

rest of the band put on a show, Axl didn't

youtube clips confirm he looks as if he didnt want to be there........................but he was

sounds like a shut up and sing moment to me

"Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

Just shut up and sing"

If you pay 70$, he owes you at least a good show...

Which the crowd would have got - if it weren't for lame-ass security and a bunch of fuckwits throwing things. You throw things at a GNR concert and you know what is going to happen, simple as. It would be cool if Axl were more diplomatic about these things, but he isn't. People need to get used to it and stop whining.

You turn up ridiculously late to perform and you're gonna get an angry crowd, simple as

None of which gives anyone in the crowd free license to risk injuring another crowd member or a ban member by throwing things. That's why the show was stopped. Not because the crowd was "angry", but because of how someone in the crowd chose to express their anger.

Ali

I'm not saying it's justified, in no way is it ok to throw bottles at people. I'm just saying that if you treat your audience like shit, these things are likely to happen

Look, I'm sorry it wasn't a better experience for you and the others at the show. But, it sounds to me like your anger is kind of clouding your view of what you're saying and how it comes across. It sounds like you're saying that Axl and the band asked for bottles to be thrown at them for being late instead of directing your anger at the idiot or idiots who threw bottles on stage, and holding them responsible for their poor decisions.

Ali

I am angry at the idiots who threw bottles, there's no doubt about that. I just don't think that two bottles being thrown by some assholes should mean that the rest of the 10,000 people there should have to suffer, it shouldn't justify stopping the show

"Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

Just shut up and sing"

Which the crowd would have got - if it weren't for lame-ass security and a bunch of fuckwits throwing things. You throw things at a GNR concert and you know what is going to happen, simple as. It would be cool if Axl were more diplomatic about these things, but he isn't. People need to get used to it and stop whining.

You turn up ridiculously late to perform and you're gonna get an angry crowd, simple as

None of which gives anyone in the crowd free license to risk injuring another crowd member or a ban member by throwing things. That's why the show was stopped. Not because the crowd was "angry", but because of how someone in the crowd chose to express their anger.

Ali

I'm not saying it's justified, in no way is it ok to throw bottles at people. I'm just saying that if you treat your audience like shit, these things are likely to happen

Look, I'm sorry it wasn't a better experience for you and the others at the show. But, it sounds to me like your anger is kind of clouding your view of what you're saying and how it comes across. It sounds like you're saying that Axl and the band asked for bottles to be thrown at them for being late instead of directing your anger at the idiot or idiots who threw bottles on stage, and holding them responsible for their poor decisions.

Ali

I am angry at the idiots who threw bottles, there's no doubt about that. I just don't think that two bottles being thrown by some assholes should mean that the rest of the 10,000 people there should have to suffer, it shouldn't justify stopping the show

Ok if it does not justify it then what should they do instead?

"Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

Just shut up and sing"

people giving their reviews who were there have all said he came back out and just stood there and sang

youtube clips confirm he looks as if he didnt want to be there........................but he was

nonononono, let me educate you.

People think Axl should come out and sing his ass off after being pelted with shit. They think he owes them a great show after that. He doesn't.

Now go cry more. And keep whining. It's funny.

Edited by Axl Knows

"Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

Just shut up and sing"

Ali

Ali

They should get over it! 2 little plastic bottles aren't going to kill them. Just another occupational hazard

I understand what you're saying gunnai. But this is where I feel your anger is clouding your view of the whole situation. What should the band do? Risk injury by continuing to play with projectiles being hurled? Is it no reasonable for them to make considerations for their own safety? Wouldn't you if you were in their shoes?

Ali

They should get over it! 2 little plastic bottles aren't going to kill them. Just another occupational hazard

ok, what type of work do you do? If my customers were throwing bottles of piss at me I would leave, but you think that's unreasonable? unemployed perhaps?

It's simple.

the band got pissed because of a person throwing a bottle of piss at them.

Axl stopped the show because of this and said if there is one more bottle thrown they will leave.

How fucking drunk and or stupid do u have to be to throw more bottles (which the crowd did, thats a fact) after the band left for the single reason of the throwing of piss bottles?!!

Fortunatley for the fans that were not throwing bottles and just wanted to have a good time the band came back.

Why let a few bad apples spoil the whole damn bunch?

Anyway... Haters and cupcakes can spin what happened into some BS Axl hates his fans story which is nothing new.. so countinue please.

You're all incredibly ignorant. The facts will be presented tomorrow and perhaps you can take your eyes off Axl's ball sack for a few minutes to read them :)

Facts? Sorry but this is very simple, and it's not just GN'R. This happens to many bands. Idiots throw shit. It's happened for decades now, and it's simple:

1) Idiots throw shit

2) Band gives a warning

3) Idiots continue to throw shit

4) Band follows through on warning and leaves

It was nice of them to come back. I wouldn't have. I've seen other bands leave when this shit goes down. And it has nothing to do with being late, I've seen idiots throw shit at bands that were on time. They just want attention. They want to be the Grinch.

I think this is the third time I'm saying this now:

If a chick is meeting you for dinner, and she's late, do you bottle her in the face?

No, you fucking don't.

Blame the assholes who threw shit. They have a combined IQ of about 4.

The only people who don't get this here are the haters and people who had their show ruined. I feel bad for the people who had their show ruined, but you can't expect a musician to put up with that kind of stuff.

Look i was there tonight seen it all unfold as ive said numerous times but tonight i was pissed fair enough people threw shit but when he came back on he went thru the motions and when hes not enjoying himself how the fuck are the crowd who were singing their hearts out supposed to get into it and be happy and regards your 4 little numbered points...does that apply to gnr aswell??

1. promotor of leeds/reading says go on stage on time as we have a curfew or we will cut you off

2.axl turns up late for whatever reason

3.promotor pulls the plug

4.axl has a hissy fit and blames everyone around him

5.....the fans pay the price yet again

and up until tonight i would never have invisioned my self writing anything like the above but the simple fact of the matter is im a doe hard GNR fan and tonight i was left short changed...but on the flip side his vocal was amazing but he might aswell have sung it from the parking lot as there was no stage presence

"Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

Just shut up and sing"

Ali

Ali

I'm sorry, but that is flat out wrong. By continuing to play they are sending a message that it is ok to throw things. It can only escalate after that and the risk of injury only increases.

I am sorry you didn't get the show you deserve, but the band has a right to be safe when playing.

Ali

"Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

Just shut up and sing"

Ali

Ali

Those two full bottles hit someone in the finger (guitar/bass), or someone in the face (think Axl), they could break a finger or nose if thrown hard enough when full. Yes, a full plastic bottle can do that.

Guess what - then two shows, or more, are fucked - tonight's, and any show in the next week? Two weeks? Til someone heals.

Everyone in this thread needs to be very clear - whipping shit at the band has NO PLACE at ANY concert! It's not cool, not badass, I don't give a fuck if the band was late, and neither should you. If they were late and you're upset, bitch about it online or to your friends. Frankly I don't think an hour wait is that bad for this show but if you do, that's fine. You have every right to claim it but no one should be supporting these assholes throwing shit, and the band had every right to leave. Nice of them to return mind you.

I understand what you're saying gunnai. But this is where I feel your anger is clouding your view of the whole situation. What should the band do? Risk injury by continuing to play with projectiles being hurled? Is it no reasonable for them to make considerations for their own safety? Wouldn't you if you were in their shoes?

Ali

There were two PLASTIC bottles thrown, there was no risk of anybody getting hurt. I know what you're saying, there's no point risking injury, but there was no real threat, I've seen bands play through a lot worse. I just think it was a massive overreaction. Blah, I need to sleep on this lol

"Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

Just shut up and sing"

nonononono, let me educate you.

People think Axl should come out and sing his ass off after being pelted with shit. They think he owes them a great show after that. He doesn't.

Now go cry more. And keep whining. It's funny.

yea educate me o great one

you know Axl so well share your wisdom

maybe quote some more lyrics that might help make you sound even smarter

why cry, I wasnt there spending my hard earned money watching a grown man pout all night

why did he come back out he certainly didnt look like he wanted to be there

rest of the band put on a show -they didnt act pissed or bored or whatever he was doing

maybe he went back out for the fans-maybe he should have been on time for the fans too

Hey I'm a bit confused by the turn of events here. So were bottles thrown twice or did someone throw another one after GnR came back after 20 minutes... Like whut. And when they came back was it then that Axl stood still for the rest of the show?

If someone walks into a bar on a Friday night decked out in Swastikas and Nazi gear, the chances are dramatically higher their will be an incident of some kind than if the same guy went out dressed in jeans and a plain t-shirt all other things being equal.

Same as the chances are dramatically higher that a crowd will be angry and possibly throw piss bottles at the stage when you go on over an hour late than if you started on time.

No one is justifying the bottle throwing, but what some are failing to see is that in both situations of the guy walking into a bar in Nazi gear and going on stage awful late at a concert you are laying the groundwork that create the conditions for a confrontation of some sort that otherwise wouldn't be there if you don't act provocatively.

Is there really anyone here that will argue that, whether it is right to throw bottles or not, that the band doesn't dramatically increase the probability that something like that may happen by coming on when they do?

Could a happy crowd throw bottles? Absolutely. Are the chances higher that it will happen when the crowd is aggitated and hostile because of your behavior, you better damn believe it.

What Axl does on a nightly basis is no different than driving home drunk from the bar. There's a good chance you'll make it home sage and nothing bad happens, but the percentages say there is a dramatically higher probability you will end up getting in an accident or pulled over/arrested than if you drive home sober. There is just no debate about that.

If someone walks into a bar on a Friday night decked out in Swastikas and Nazi gear, the chances are dramatically higher their will be an incident of some kind than if the same guy went out dressed in jeans and a plain t-shirt all other things being equal.

Same as the chances are dramatically higher that a crowd will be angry and possibly throw piss bottles at the stage when you go on over an hour late than if you started on time.

No one is justifying the bottle throwing, but what some are failing to see is that in both situations of the guy walking into a bar in Nazi gear and going on stage awful late at a concert you are laying the groundwork that create the conditions for a confrontation of some sort that otherwise wouldn't be there if you don't act provocatively.

Is there really anyone here that will argue that, whether it is right to throw bottles or not, that the band doesn't dramatically increase the probability that something like that may happen by coming on when they do?

Could a happy crowd throw bottles? Absolutely. Are the chances higher that it will happen when the crowd is aggitated and hostile because of your behavior, you better damn believe it.

What Axl does on a nightly basis is no different than driving home drunk from the bar. There's a good chance you'll make it home sage and nothing bad happens, but the percentages say there is a dramatically higher probability you will end up getting in an accident or pulled over/arrested than if you drive home sober. There is just no debate about that.

You're real dumb.

Thank you! That's the point I'm trying to make, just too tired at this stage to put it across well