Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of this would have happened if he had not made an ultimatum to an increasingly angry and drunk audience. Someone was bound to

break it. He should have just said can you please stop throwing things, thanks, or tried to pick out the person who was throwing things.

It was not good to punish whole crowd for one drunken guy's mistake. He squandered all the good will that he had even up to half ten,

when he came on late.

ok then thank you stop blaming Axl as it was clearly a security issue... it is not Axl's responsibility to pick people out

Agreed. Since when is it any band's responsibility to act as their own security guards??!

I just can't believe the amount of negativity on this board, especially towards Axl. Losers throw bottles at him (plastic or otherwise) and it's HIS fault. He hits the stage when he's ready - and when he goes on doesn't just depend on him! - and everyone's throwing a kindergarten hissy fit cause he didn't cater his showtime to perfectly meet each and every concert goers' needs. It's a ROCK CONCERT people, not a bedtime story. And no one turns into a fuckin' pumpkin or however that fairy tale goes if they're not home and snuggled up in bed by midnite. Can some of you just grow the fuck up?

"Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

You know where to put your

Just shut up and sing"

If you pay 70$, he owes you at least a good show...

Which the crowd would have got - if it weren't for lame-ass security and a bunch of fuckwits throwing things. You throw things at a GNR concert and you know what is going to happen, simple as. It would be cool if Axl were more diplomatic about these things, but he isn't. People need to get used to it and stop whining.

You turn up ridiculously late to perform and you're gonna get an angry crowd, simple as

None of which gives anyone in the crowd free license to risk injuring another crowd member or a band member by throwing things. That's why the show was stopped. Not because the crowd was "angry", but because of how someone in the crowd chose to express their anger.

Ali

Edited by Ali

dude i know people are saying we should just deal with but right now after getting back fromt he gig i cant justify his pure lack of prickness when he came back on the people that stayed were into so why not get into it too?? ron,dj.tommy and richard where well into but he stood as said in the middle of the stage and mailed it in,ive followed this band for years and as a huge GNR fan hope to god than none of the forum members have to go thru the crap we went thru tonight and that all the shows are classic like they were in london,leeds,lisbon,manchester and paris were for me! tomorrow i may see it differntley but right now im sooo pissed off

"Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

Just shut up and sing"

Which the crowd would have got - if it weren't for lame-ass security and a bunch of fuckwits throwing things. You throw things at a GNR concert and you know what is going to happen, simple as. It would be cool if Axl were more diplomatic about these things, but he isn't. People need to get used to it and stop whining.

You turn up ridiculously late to perform and you're gonna get an angry crowd, simple as

None of which gives anyone in the crowd free license to risk injuring another crowd member or a ban member by throwing things. That's why the show was stopped. Not because the crowd was "angry", but because of how someone in the crowd chose to express their anger.

Ali

I'm not saying it's justified, in no way is it ok to throw bottles at people. I'm just saying that if you treat your audience like shit, these things are likely to happen

3:40

There you have it folks. The warning was given and some fuckwits didn't get the message. Axl was more than justified in his response.

If a band is late, boos are expected. But piss-filled bottles being thrown at the stage? Get real. It''s as if ya'll expect Axl to put up with what basically no other musician would.

I wonder how long the band are going to stick with it, you can only take that kind of negativity for so long.

Advertise when you are coming on stage, or come on stage closer to when it says on the ticket.

Doing either eliminates all of the negativity and makes crowds happy.

Tickets for most shows I've seen list when the doors open and maybe the start time of the event - rarely the time the middle and headlining acts go on.

3:40

There you have it folks. The warning was given and some fuckwits didn't get the message. Axl was more than justified in his response.

If a band is late, boos are expected. But piss-filled bottles being thrown at the stage? Get real. It''s as if ya'll expect Axl to put up with what basically no other musician would.

Piss-filled bottle my fucking ass. I was there, that's bullshit.

"Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

Just shut up and sing"

Ridiculously late? He showed up at like 10:40 pm. It's not Axl's fault that the world became such HUGE PUSSIES that they cannot stay awake "cuz they have to work". Fucking idiots, if care that much about your time don't even go, it's fucking public knowledge that GNR shows up late everywhere... if you don't know this then you are not a fan of the band and do not deserve to be at the show.

"Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

Just shut up and sing"

None of which gives anyone in the crowd free license to risk injuring another crowd member or a ban member by throwing things. That's why the show was stopped. Not because the crowd was "angry", but because of how someone in the crowd chose to express their anger.

Ali

I'm not saying it's justified, in no way is it ok to throw bottles at people. I'm just saying that if you treat your audience like shit, these things are likely to happen

Look, I'm sorry it wasn't a better experience for you and the others at the show. But, it sounds to me like your anger is kind of clouding your view of what you're saying and how it comes across. It sounds like you're saying that Axl and the band asked for bottles to be thrown at them for being late instead of directing your anger at the idiot or idiots who threw bottles on stage, and holding them responsible for their poor decisions.

Ali

Edited by Ali

You're all incredibly ignorant. The facts will be presented tomorrow and perhaps you can take your eyes off Axl's ball sack for a few minutes to read them :)

The videos on YouTube showing WTTJ you can see a gallon being thrown at Axl. Sure, it's plastic, but it's probably a gallon of piss. Hahaha.

You're all incredibly ignorant. The facts will be presented tomorrow and perhaps you can take your eyes off Axl's ball sack for a few minutes to read them :)

Facts? Sorry but this is very simple, and it's not just GN'R. This happens to many bands. Idiots throw shit. It's happened for decades now, and it's simple:

1) Idiots throw shit

2) Band gives a warning

3) Idiots continue to throw shit

4) Band follows through on warning and leaves

It was nice of them to come back. I wouldn't have. I've seen other bands leave when this shit goes down. And it has nothing to do with being late, I've seen idiots throw shit at bands that were on time. They just want attention. They want to be the Grinch.

I think this is the third time I'm saying this now:

If a chick is meeting you for dinner, and she's late, do you bottle her in the face?

No, you fucking don't.

Blame the assholes who threw shit. They have a combined IQ of about 4.

Look at the last link, from about 1:15 to 1:29 you can count up to three things thrown directly at Axl/the band. Fuck that. Other folks that attended the concert also said their were piss in some of those bottles. FUCK THAT! The fact that they kept on playing is amazing!

Complete bullshit that they have to deal with that.