Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

I'm just back from the gig. I've travelled from Bristol to Dublin today (on crutches because my left leg is paralyser at the hip) and I stood up from 7.30. Danko jones finished at 9.15 and Guns took to the stage around 10.20pm

Fans are pissy - chants of we want slash and all that bs. You want slash? Go to a fucking slash gig then you Braindead morons.

Then the idiot in front threw a bottle, I resisted temptation to wack him one with a crutch. More bottles, axl says stop it or we fuck off... End of sorry... The guy throws another bottle and it's goodnight from them.

He was ever so proud of himself but needed his little buddies to intervene when he was making an exit and I was fed up of his grin and squared up to him. If you are on here, you're fucking lucky that I was on crutches or else I would have put you out cold on the floor.

That's not Internet warrior talk, he wouldn't have been getting back up - o didn't spend 18 months having chemo, having a brain haemorrhage, spending £400 to go see my favourite band leave 5 songs into a set because of your stupidity.

After gnr came back on stage the guys played well except Axl. who sounded like mickey mouse with a throat infection.

Severely downbeat now. Bumble, Fortus, Pitman, Frank, Dj, Tommy... thanks for your contribution, I enjoyed your show...

Axl... well that's it, I know you don't give a shit but look at the crap I've been through on the last 18 months and you topped being told I have cancer.

He probably sang funny on purpose if he was out of tune, I mean you get idiots throwing bottles when you go onstage 45 minutes after last act (really not late at all), and what do you expect. I feel bad for you, and you are brave for what you went through no doubt. But back to the band, and Axl--his voice has been dead on the money every show this year, so I doubt anything has changed, unless he did it on purpose after the treatment he received from the Twats in Dublin.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impressed. Looks like a killer show/set despite the intial problems with bottle throwing. Also sounds like most of the crowd came back and had a blast at the rest of the show. I give major credit for Axl for not doing like his old ways and just leaving. They came back and delivered the full show that fans came to see.

Of course, the media is only going to pick up on the negative things.

are they? or are the obsessive fans on the internet only going to pick up on the positive things?

so far, the tour was cancelled via twitter and rescheduled, reading got aborted, leeds was cancelled by axl from the sage and rescheduled, this last show started late too, then ended early because pissed off fans were throwing shit at axl. i mean, if all these things happened in a row at a lady gaga concert, everyone around here would be making fun of her for being an incompetent twit.

for instance, to a non-gnr obsessive, those recent youtube links sound like axl's out of breath and out of tune. but internet obsessives will say, "yeah, but his passion is incredible!" and they're right too. axl's passion is incredible.

michael jackson fanboards are full of people who still think he didn't rape any kids. they focus on the positive. because they're fans.

The show was not ended early. The show was delayed, yes, but completed. And, while Axl's pitch hasn't been perfect from what I've heard from these recent shows (via YouTube), he hasn't been consistently out of tune like you make it out to be.

As much as fans focus on the positive aspects, haters focus on the negative aspects. It goes both ways.

Ali

you'll have to forgive me. i haven't been able to dedicate enough time to watching every youtube video shot so far on this tour. i've clicked on a few that people were raving about, and i wasn't exactly bowled over. but it's nice to hear that he sounds better on some other songs.

but to me, this debate seems like another example of you, an obsessive internet fan, trying to focus on the positive. while it's awesome to think that axl can still sing some songs well at a show, you may be surprised to know that many other singers (especially those on axl's level) can perform an entire concert on pitch, in tune and without running out of breath. and if they couldn't, they'd practice, diet and exercise until they could.

again, if lady gaga sang that poorly on that many songs a night, i doubt the fans around here would be trying to hard to focus on the positive.

Eddie Vedder is a great example of a singer who is very consistent. I have over a dozen boots from Pearl Jam's 2010 European tour, and Eddie is almost always in tune, in pitch, and connects with the crowd in a very special way

Even though I put that negative post earlier, I apologize. I thought it was over and I blamed Axl for everything. I apologize for that.

Why, becuase of what happened after they came back on. I mean, I heard people say Axl's changed, but leave and then come back! Folks this is not Axl 1991, this is Axl 2010!

Cool to read that people had a fun time after they came back and the crowd got full again after about half the crowd left, the bottle throwing stopped and they won the crowd over.

I'm impressed. Looks like a killer show/set despite the intial problems with bottle throwing. Also sounds like most of the crowd came back and had a blast at the rest of the show. I give major credit for Axl for not doing like his old ways and just leaving. They came back and delivered the full show that fans came to see.

are they? or are the obsessive fans on the internet only going to pick up on the positive things?

so far, the tour was cancelled via twitter and rescheduled, reading got aborted, leeds was cancelled by axl from the sage and rescheduled, this last show started late too, then ended early because pissed off fans were throwing shit at axl. i mean, if all these things happened in a row at a lady gaga concert, everyone around here would be making fun of her for being an incompetent twit.

for instance, to a non-gnr obsessive, those recent youtube links sound like axl's out of breath and out of tune. but internet obsessives will say, "yeah, but his passion is incredible!" and they're right too. axl's passion is incredible.

michael jackson fanboards are full of people who still think he didn't rape any kids. they focus on the positive. because they're fans.

What's what Axl sounded like in the videos have to do with anything in said? I never commented on those videos in the other threads. In fact, I agree with you, he sounded pretty out of breath for most of those.

I was talking about THIS show in particular. The positive? Axl didn't get pissed and leave a la St. Louis. He came back and the band delivered the rest of the show. I meant that the media is ONLY going to talk about the whole leaving the stage in the first place.

Obsessive internet fan? I barely post on this forum. Only when a thread strikes my interest do I reply.

The show was not ended early. The show was delayed, yes, but completed. And, while Axl's pitch hasn't been perfect from what I've heard from these recent shows (via YouTube), he hasn't been consistently out of tune like you make it out to be.

As much as fans focus on the positive aspects, haters focus on the negative aspects. It goes both ways.

Ali

you'll have to forgive me. i haven't been able to dedicate enough time to watching every youtube video shot so far on this tour. i've clicked on a few that people were raving about, and i wasn't exactly bowled over. but it's nice to hear that he sounds better on some other songs.

but to me, this debate seems like another example of you, an obsessive internet fan, trying to focus on the positive. while it's awesome to think that axl can still sing some songs well at a show, you may be surprised to know that many other performers (especially those on axl's level) can perform an entire concert on pitch, in tune and without running out of breath. and if they couldn't, they'd practice, diet and exercise until they could.

again, if lady gaga sang that poorly on that many songs a night, i doubt the fans around here would be trying to hard to focus on the positive.

:rolleyes: So, now you're talking about Axl's diet and exercise and practice habits? And like I said, it goes both ways. As much as fans focus on the positive, haters focus on the negative.

I think you're misrepresenting the bigger picture because, as you said, you have only watched a few YouTube videos from this tour. I'm just offering a counter-perspective. I think he certainly sounded better during the Canadian tour overall from what I've heard. His breath support is certainly not what it could be. That could be related to his conditioning or it could be that he just isn't filling his diaphragm with as much air as he could.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Tis called opinions. The difference is, one involves child molestation, and the other, some drunken louts throwing shit because the band wasn't on-stage at exactly the time indicated on the ticket. I'll bring up what I said before - If I take a girl out and she's late, I don't bottle her in the face to show how upset I am. I grin, bear it, and hope for a good evening.

If the evening is shit, I'll bitch to friends later, but maybe she'll turn out to be awesome.

Same should be true of a show. Fucktards who are throwing bottles aren't fans of the band, they're only there to stir up shit. You see them at every show. It's bored and spoiled syndrome - they have money and nothing better to do, or they got free tickets. They enjoy fucking up things for the rest of us.

And another thing - it's been said before but it's a ROCK CONCERT. What is it with people? The other night they were what, 15 minutes "late" and people were bitching. Stay home and go see Justin Bieber some other night if you want safety.

And so it begins (again)

"Appetite For Disaster: Guns N' Roses Walk Off At O2 Gig"

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Appetite-For-Disaster-Guns-N%27-Roses-Walk-Off-At-O2-Gig/49782.htm

Interesting. That story makes it sound as if they weren't justified in leaving the stage when they were in fact justified. And why was security telling people the show was over when it wasn't? Shouldn't the fans be directing their anger at the security personnel that mislead them into thinking the show ended? I think so.

Ali

Paradise City

http://yfrog.com/mzjjmz

Guess Axl was pretty pissed off, not moving around at all, no end solo - voice sounds great through!

I can't blame Axl for been pissed off for having shit thrown at him (not at all), but it's a real shame for the fans, GN'R don't come around that often and we're the ones who ultimately loose out.

Edited by axl8302

Just home from gig now!

got there about 6:30 then Ashba came out and got some pics with the crowd!!

Bumblefoot came on the side of the stage at about 10:10! Just shaking his head tapping his watch and shrugging his shoulders.

GNR came on about 10:30 playing there usual set!

Just before Axl started singing the verse of WTTJ he stopped the band saying "If you guys wanna throw bottles, We're gonna go home".

They started the verse again and finished the song!

Then At the end of sorry or It's so easy Axl stopped again saying "I told you we would go home! Good night!"

Band left the stage, band looked fuckin pissed at Axl!

20 mins later person came out explaining that is very hard to get Axl back on stage!

Loads of people left1

Band came back on with Live and Let Die after about an 45-60 min break!

Band Started playing great again (but Axl).

Axl stood in the middle of the stage singing. Then during solo's he'd walk to the side and lean against the higher stage!

No energy in him after he came back on!

Very dissapointing when he wasnt "jumping around".

But Fair Play to the rest of the band.

And so it begins (again)

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Appetite-For-Disaster-Guns-N%27-Roses-Walk-Off-At-O2-Gig/49782.htm

Interesting. That story makes it sound as if they weren't justified in leaving the stage when they were in fact justified. And why was security telling people the show was over when it wasn't? Shouldn't the fans be directing their anger at the security personnel that mislead them into thinking the show ended? I think so.

Ali

I don't know what happened... but security weren't saying that for no reason. I guess there was a pretty good chance the show was over, they were off the stage for some time.

Paradise City

http://yfrog.com/mzjjmz

Guess Axl was pretty pissed off, not moving around at all, no end solo - voice sounds great through!

I can't blame Axl for been pissed off for having shit thrown at him (not at all), but it's a real shame for the fans, GN'R don't come around that often and we're the ones who ultimately loose out.

He sounds better when he's not moving around, which supports the notion that he's not getting enough breath support for his voice, if anything.

But, yeah, it's a shame for all the people who didn't throw shit at the band that their experience was compromised by those who did throw things.

Ali

I wonder how much more drama Bumble will put up with.

More proof that it aint a band. It's Axl Rose & the hired guns. If it was a band they would all lay into him about getting his ass on stage on time. I guarantee not one hired gun has balls to complain to the employer...er Axl's face. Aint gonna happen.

Edited by Snowmass

And so it begins (again)

Oh, god! Really only 2 lines about them coming back on! Really. And "a small, but irate crowd," as what I heard, the crowd was pretty packed and having fun the rest of the show after GN'R came back on.

Just another journalist making up something they read from the internet and made it full blown negative. Where the positive is much more to talk about than the negative.

Negative: They got bottled and they left (which anyone would do, even that idiot journalist).

Positive: They come back and play the rest of the concert, which has probably never happened ever with GN'R.

Oh and one comment was "I left and the still played." It's your fault for leaving in the first place. Don't blame Guns, blame the fuckin' douchebags who were throwing bottles at the band.

Just home from gig now!

Bumblefoot came on the side of the stage at about 10:10! Just shaking his head tapping his watch and shrugging his shoulders.

Just before Axl started singing the verse of WTTJ he stopped the band saying "If you guys wanna throw bottles, We're gonna go home".

Then At the end of sorry or It's so easy Axl stopped again saying "I told you we would go home! Good night!"

20 mins later person came out explaining that is very hard to get Axl back on stage!

Loads of people left1

Axl stood in the middle of the stage singing. Then during solo's he'd walk to the side and lean against the higher stage!

No offense, but I have a hard time believing that the band was pissed at Axl for stopping the show because of things being thrown at them. Tommy has expressed his disdain for this type of behavior from certain fans in the past and I doubt any member wants to be a target for someone looking to play target practice.

Ali

lol @ Axls wiki page:

Name: Axl Prick Rose

Spawned of the devil name William Bruce Rose, Rose was NOT born with the name Bailey, since Bailey is not his biological father...

Voice_type = [[Whiny Baby]]

Axel Rose stole €80 off 10,000 Irish people on the 1st Sept 2010. We want our money back you dick. We hope you buy some really bad drugs with our money dickhead'''

On the 1st of September 20010 Axl Prick Rose caused a riot in the 02 Dublin, Ireland by acting like a spoilt little girl.

Outcry by fans for him to bed dropped.

:lol:

Some irish fans seem to be really pissed. The page is closed now due to vandalim.

And so it begins (again)

Oh, god! Really only 2 lines about them coming back on! Really. And "a small, but irate crowd," as what I heard, the crowd was pretty packed and having fun the rest of the show after GN'R came back on.

Just another journalist making up something they read from the internet and made it full blown negative. Where the positive is much more to talk about than the negative.

Negative: They got bottled and they left (which anyone would do, even that idiot journalist).

Positive: They come back and play the rest of the concert, which has probably never happened ever with GN'R.

Oh and one comment was "I left and the still played." It's your fault for leaving in the first place. Don't blame Guns, blame the fuckin' douchebags who were throwing bottles at the band.

Looking at the PC footage, the crowd looks pretty big and seem to be loving it. I'm certain there are a lot of pissed off fans who didn't get to see the whole show (which sucks, after all it sounds like only 3 bottles were thrown, so at the most 3 people fucked up the show for them), but a bit of balance would be nice!

Just home from gig now!

Loads of people left

No offense, but I have a hard time believing that the band was pissed at Axl for stopping the show because of things being thrown at them. Tommy has expressed his disdain for this type of behavior from certain fans in the past and I doubt any member wants to be a target for someone looking to play target practice.

Ali

Wasn't saying they were!

But the band looked fucking pissed (especially Ron)!!!

And so it begins (again)

Just as I suspected, but unfortunately my earlier post was somehow twisted around and related to Michael Jackson.

There are TONS of negatives to this whole situation. Yes, the band did leave.Yes, it was Axl's fault for the lateness (which, in my opinion, an hour is nothing to wait between bands). I would never disagree with the fact that Axl brings a lot of this on himself.

However, the main positive is that yes, they ultimately came back. No riot, they played the rest of the show. Looking at the setlist, it doesn't look like they cut it short either.

Also, I don't care if the band is one hour late or ten hours late, you don't throw glass bottles at the stage. That's stupidity. Anybody in that situation has a right to be pissed.

Quick edit: By anybody, I mean both the band (who are in danger of being injured) and the fans (who are at risk of losing out on a show).

Balanced arguments and assumptions can be made about these last few shows, and about Guns N' Roses in general. There's two sides to every coin. Unfortunately the media can only see the negative side. They should write about BOTH.

Edited by Paul Stanley