Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And whos to blame if a riot breaks out.. gnr or the shit throwing people!?

the people, but it will be blamed on the band

People shouldn't throw things, but if the band comes on at a reasonable time the crowd never becomes aggitated and bottles don't get thrown.

The late start creates the conditions for a hostile crowd. That is all on Axl.

Bullshit. This is exactly what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

People shouldn't throw things, period. These people made a choice to pick up a bottle and throw it. They, and they alone, are responsible for their choices. Just like Axl is responsible for his choices. It goes both ways.

Ali

Whilst throwing a bottle isn't right I don't get why thousands of people should have to suffer because one or two people throw bottles. Get them chucked out and carry on the show. Hell I went to a show and the band got a shoe thrown at them and they carried on.

What Axl doesn't get is that most of the arena were probably fans of the band and having a good time and now will remember the time they got ripped off. Lots of bands have stuff thrown at them and carry on. Also, people probably do it to get a reaction, now, if he didn't react it wouldn't happen.

Added: Appears the show is back on according to an above post....

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

Axl should appear at a more reasonable time, but at the same time, I don't blame them for leaving if bottles are being thrown.

10:30 isn't reasonable???

It's not a fucking choir meeting!!!

What time is printed on the ticket? That is where people's expectations come from that aren't registered on the message board.

As I have said repeatedly, clarifying that would do a world of good as far as eliminating any type of confusion on the part of people going to the show about when they can expect the band on stage.

Axl should appear at a more reasonable time, but at the same time, I don't blame them for leaving if bottles are being thrown.

10:30 isn't reasonable???

It's not a fucking choir meeting!!!

What time is printed on the ticket? That is where people's expectations come from that aren't registered on the message board.

As I have said repeatedly, clarifying that would do a world of good as far as eliminating any type of confusion on the part of people going to the show about when they can expect the band on stage.

+1

However this won't ever happen as it would hurt ticket sales. Also, no other band goes on this late.

Is it really over?

I can't believe this stuff. It getting to the point where it is to much. I mean, I'm not there, but if I was I'll be pissed, like the pople are that are there.

I'm a fan of Axl and he's a good songwriter and frontman, but he's gotta do something. I'm not saying change his whole lifestyle, but coming on late has had two kinds of possibilies:

1) you come on, play Chinese Democracy and the crowd get's jumping an into the song and welcomes the band with open arms

or

2) you come on, the fans boo, throw bottles and cuss word's at you, than you leave. With a possible riot and damage to the venue and some people.

This whole blaming other people is getting old and so is he. He's either gotta stop being up all night and sleeping before the concert backstage o rwrite scheduled start time: 10:30, so if Axl is ready at 11, it'll be a half an hour late and not 2 hours late.

Even though no one deserves to have bottles thrown at them, it's their own fault. As you wait or "sleep," the fans become reckless and drunk. They don't want to tolerate this anymore. I realieze "this is Axl Rose and he always comes late," but seeing the circumstances and consequences that were at Reading, you would think Axl wouldn't do this kind of stuff. It's the first concert since Leeds and it's ends after 5 songs? Really.

Is it really over?

I can't believe this stuff. It getting to the point where it is to much. I mean, I'm not there, but if I was I'll be pissed, like the pople are that are there.

I'm a fan of Axl and he's a good songwriter and frontman, but he's gotta do something. I'm not saying change his whole lifestyle, but coming on late has had two kinds of possibilies:

1) you come on, play Chinese Democracy and the crowd get's jumping an into the song and welcomes the band with open arms

or

2) you come on, the fans boo, throw bottles and cuss word's at you, than you leave. With a possible riot and damage to the venue and some people.

This whole blaming other people is getting old and so is he. He's either gotta stop being up all night and sleeping before the concert backstage o rwrite scheduled start time: 10:30, so if Axl is ready at 11, it'll be a half an hour late and not 2 hours late.

Even though no one deserves to have bottles thrown at them, it's their own fault. As you wait or "sleep," the fans become reckless and drunk. They don't want to tolerate this anymore. I realieze "this is Axl Rose and he always comes late," but seeing the circumstances and consequences that were at Reading, you would think Axl wouldn't do this kind of stuff. It's the first concert since Leeds and it's ends after 5 songs? Really.

+1

has nothin to do with age

even 15 year olds have to catch a train or bus home

an hour wait with no explanation is long enough to stand around drink some more and wonder if the band will even show

if another band that isnt notorious for leaving their fans in the dark go on an hour late once in awhile fans dont have a panic attack or become hostile

but the constant disrespect for time has run its course it seems.......................good

Edited by AngelZ

I don't defend going on late, but throwing bottles is NEVER JUSTIFIED.

Jesus christ some people. You go to a gig and then you throw fucking bottles at the act you've paid to see. Idiots.

Surely everyone who got tickets must've realized that GNR might not start at the very minute specified on them?

has nothin to do with age

even 15 year olds have to catch a train or bus home

an hour wait with no explanation is long enough to stand around drink some more and wonder if the band will even show

if another band that isnt notorious for leaving their fans in the dark go on an hour late once in awhile fans dont have a panic attack or become hostile

but the constant disrespect for time has run its course it seems.......................good

I swear Axl could do anything and some people would defend it. Person on the radio said that at 12am the car park closes and you're being charged €100 if you leave it there overnight.