Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

Axl Rose's Wikipedia page

On the 1st of september 2010 he caused absolute mayhem in Dublins o2 arena after walking off stage after 20 minutes. Many fans were outraged and riots began to take place in the arena itself. He was later seen in the venue carpark, holding his mickey and crying into a bowl of Hazelbrook Farm ice cream.

:lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's true that he shouted at the fans through the gates to fuck off then :thumbsdown:

Dude, I love you, but you seriously can't believe this cunt? C'mon, Axl on his knees outside screaming at fans? For fuck sake

So she made it up from thin air? She seemed reasonably level headed about it all. I doubt she made it all up, perhaps embellished the story but it's gotta have some truth to it.

I love you too by the way. Fancy comin' over? :kiss:

Yes, let's cuddle and listen to the radio :wub:

But man, c'mon, the cunt is still on, and she's still attacking him. She just plain don't like Ax by the sounds of things

See you in 20 minutes yes? :heart:

She's attacking him because it's poor form for turning up late and then apparently hurling abuse at the fans as they left. Most of them probably didn't even throw anything.

Anyway I don't want to fight over this baby :xmassrudolph:

It's a date, and no fighting, love you :)

But seriously, these people say theyre life long fans, but are outraged that he's late. Fair enough it's no excuse, but you should at least fucking expect it if you're a "Life-Long fan".

Considering the overtly negative reports on the radio show from the people who left after the band first went on, it will be interesting to see how they contrast with the others who stayed for the rest of the gig.

It was probably a great show as the others have been. Press will say differently though and focus on the bottle incident.

On the 1st of september 2010 he caused absolute mayhem in Dublins o2 arena after walking off stage after 20 minutes. Many fans were outraged and riots began to take place in the arena itself. He was later seen in the venue carpark, holding his mickey and crying into a bowl of Hazelbrook Farm ice cream.

Sorry, but if glass bottles are being thrown at the band they're perfectly entitled to walk off stage. Axl didn't arse about with us in Belfast. No bottles were thrown. 10 past 10 is NOT a late start time. Danko Jones played until 9.10 in Belfast, and GNR were on the stage at 9.50. There's a massive set turnaround, so even if there were problems (and they were worried about some pyro at Belfast I noticed) then 1 hour is still reasonable.

Why do venues even allow glass bottles? It's crazy. Plastic caused no problems in Belfast. Axl had a great show. We all had a great time.

I can't stop laughing at him crying into a bowl of ice cream :rofl-lol:

Sorry, but if glass bottles are being thrown at the band they're perfectly entitled to walk off stage. Axl didn't arse about with us in Belfast. No bottles were thrown. 10 past 10 is NOT a late start time. Danko Jones played until 9.10 in Belfast, and GNR were on the stage at 9.50. There's a massive set turnaround, so even if there were problems (and they were worried about some pyro at Belfast I noticed) then 1 hour is still reasonable.

Why do venues even allow glass bottles? It's crazy. Plastic caused no problems in Belfast. Axl had a great show. We all had a great time.

Nobody has actually confirmed they were glass and as far as I'm aware no big arenas allow glass bottles.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

I've never been to a show that served their beer in glass bottles

I've never been to a show that served their beer in glass bottles

Not even cans. They only use cups.

Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

*Axl stops the concert due to bottle thrown*

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

*Another bottle thrown. Axl stops the concert again and the band leaves the stage. The lights are on and people start to leave. The band comes back, people start to comeback and after sometime the venue is full again*

Live And Let Die

Rocket Queen

James Bond Theme by Richard Fortus

This I Love

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child O' Mine

Ziggy Stardust by Dizzy Reed

Street of Dreams

*Axl sits on the piano*

Better

Knockin' on Heavens Door

November Rain

Edited by ManetsBR

An hour is not long considering the time it takes to set everything up. I have also been to alot of concerts and there have been many times I have waited longer than that for the headlining band to take the stage. So to say the hour wait caused the bottle throwing is a bit of a stretch. GNR in any form has NEVER put up with people throwing shit it has always been that way and people know that and some assholes go there with the mind set I am going to fuck up the show. So they can feel like they done something. All you have to do is look on youtube and you know it will not be tolerated.

I have to give the band credit that they did come back not once but twice to continue the show which is more than most bands would do if the bottles where flying.

Edited by bigcountry

Question?

Why can't the stage be setup and ready for Guns before the openers even go on? I can understand some time for them to move the equipment of the opening acts. What exactly needs put in place other than the monitors and mics for Guns?

Wouldn't matter. Axl would still be late.

Question?

Why can't the stage be setup and ready for Guns before the openers even go on? I can understand some time for them to move the equipment of the opening acts. What exactly needs put in place other than the monitors and mics for Guns?

They were not late tonight. Neither on Belfast and Leeds.

[...]

November Rain

Pink Panther Theme by Bumblefoot

*Ron takes pictures of the crowd*

*The crowd is 100% into the concert*

Edited by ManetsBR

Question?

They were not late tonight. Neither on Belfast and Leeds.

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

. A lot of bands do the same thing and nobody ever mentions anything.

Like who?

Metallica aren't very punctual, at least not in my experience. Seen them twice and both times they've been late - first time over an hour late, second time only 15 mins. Not that it bothered anyone, because they put on an absolutely stellar show that was well worth the wait.

I'm really glad I saw GNR in Belfast last night and it went without a hitch. I'll consider myself one of a lucky few who have seen a new-GNR concert that didn't revolve around controversy!