Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

I don't defend going on late, but throwing bottles is NEVER JUSTIFIED.

Jesus christ some people. You go to a gig and then you throw fucking bottles at the act you've paid to see. Idiots.

Surely everyone who got tickets must've realized that GNR might not start at the very minute specified on them?

Not everybody who goes and sees a band knows all there is to know about them, joins a forum etc.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus christ some people. You go to a gig and then you throw fucking bottles at the act you've paid to see. Idiots.

Surely everyone who got tickets must've realized that GNR might not start at the very minute specified on them?

Not everybody who goes and sees a band knows all there is to know about them, joins a forum etc.

That's true, but this goes for every concert. I've been to plenty of concerts where other bands has come on late and nobody started to throw bottles because of it.

I agree that Axl's lateness naturally leads to the boos and bottle throwing, but seriously, people need to chill out. Axl shouldn't take all the blame. One hour between bands is hardly a lot of time. It seems that way because of the later start time, but say Danko came on at 7:30, got off at 8:30, then the hour wait would only lead to 9:30. I've been to plenty of concerts where 9:30 is the start time. Also, I've been to many where the change over between bands has been nearly an hour. So overall, I can't completely blame Axl for this.

Actually, I give him a lot of credit. Given the history of his actions in the past, I'm surprised he even came back out. Same with Reading a few nights ago. Instead of just leaving, he came back to the stage.

Also, I really don't get the whole bottle throwing. The boo's I understand completely, and that's fine. The bottles? People should grow up. That's dangerous, no matter how late Axl is. You can seriously injure some (or all) of the band.

When I saw them earlier this year in Hamilton, they came on just before 10:30, about 45 minutes or so after Bach finished. Crowd wasn't restless at all, seemed like a normal changover. No bottle throwing or anything. Weird how some concerts it seems to be more of a problem than others.

I have to say that I find it amusing that certain people deride Axl for being late, saying it is inexcusable, essentially, then excuse the behavior of the fans throwing bottles by saying Axl created the situation. :rolleyes: What a crock of shit. The people that are throwing bottles are making a conscious decision to throw bottles, and as such, deserve to be held accountable for their decisions every bit as much as Axl does.

Ali

Well said

So everybody in Europe can be looking forward to an exciting night - you really don't know what's going to happen (and when). At the two GNR concerts I've been to ('93 and 2006) the band was on time...we will see this time...

The radio guy is really annoying asking everyone the same questions: Did they tell you to leave? Who told you? Doesnt have the slightest idea about anything.

That's true, but this goes for every concert. I've been to plenty of concerts where other bands has come on late and nobody started to throw bottles because of it.

True, however I'd argue that those bands don't make a habit of it.

You don't fucking throw bottles - simple as.