Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

. A lot of bands do the same thing and nobody ever mentions anything.

Like who?

Metallica aren't very punctual, at least not in my experience. Seen them twice and both times they've been late - first time over an hour late, second time only 15 mins. Not that it bothered anyone, because they put on an absolutely stellar show that was well worth the wait.

I'm really glad I saw GNR in Belfast last night and it went without a hitch. I'll consider myself one of a lucky few who have seen a new-GNR concert that didn't revolve around controversy!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like who?

I saw metallica the first concert I seen them at I waited around an hour and the one last year I waited 1 hour and 15 mins so out of the two concerts they done I went to they where late. People did get restless at the one last year but know one throw any hard objects of any kind.

Like who?

I saw metallica the first concert I seen them at I waited around an hour and the one last year I waited 1 hour and 15 mins so out of the two concerts they done I went to they where late. People did get restless at the one last year but know one throw any hard objects of any kind.

Ah but what time did they hit the stage? It's just that some fans are probably annoyed because they have trains to catch. I live about an hour from London and have never not been able to get home after shows. If Metallica at those shows hit the stage at 10:30 or later fair enough. In fact I've seen Metallica twice (07 and 08) and been able to get home afterwards without a problem.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

When I went to Metallica earlier this year, they were 40 minutes "late". Of course they were not late, it's the time that takes to get the stage ready after the opening act.

That what happens with Guns N' Roses in the majority of the concerts and people say they were late.

Same with AC/DC last year, 30-40 min.

But GN'R was 3 hours. Damn. THAT is late.

Edited by ManetsBR

Sorry, but if glass bottles are being thrown at the band they're perfectly entitled to walk off stage. Axl didn't arse about with us in Belfast. No bottles were thrown. 10 past 10 is NOT a late start time. Danko Jones played until 9.10 in Belfast, and GNR were on the stage at 9.50. There's a massive set turnaround, so even if there were problems (and they were worried about some pyro at Belfast I noticed) then 1 hour is still reasonable.

Why do venues even allow glass bottles? It's crazy. Plastic caused no problems in Belfast. Axl had a great show. We all had a great time.

I've never been to a show that served their beer in glass bottles

They don't serve glass bottles in the 02 either... when I was at Rage everything had to be poured in to plastic glasses.

So i'm struggling to see how exactly the band were 'bottled'... unless security fucked up.

this is gonna wind up being one of those things where a bunch of people had an awesome time, they were concerned when axl left the stage, and then they rocked out for a full set list. then they will hear all the negative reports and wonder what concert the negative nancys were at. cry babies go home...actually, stay home.

Edited by suckerpunched03

Like who?

Ah but what time did they hit the stage? It's just that some fans are probably annoyed because they have trains to catch. I live about an hour from London and have never not been able to get home after shows. If Metallica at those shows hit the stage at 10:30 or later fair enough. In fact I've seen Metallica twice (07 and 08) and been able to get home afterwards without a problem.

The concert last year was right around 11pm when they took the stage and concert was over by 12:30am so I fell I kind of got cheated because of the late start after seeing what the setlist where at some of the other concerts. But I will say I had a blast, just wish they would have played longer like they did at most of the other shows.

As far so the first concert all I remember is it took an hour for them to take the stage to long ago to remember the time.

But in your defense I will say if most people that live in an area take public trans then the band should not be late out of respect for the fans. And no this is not condoning it anyother time but there should be extra effert to get the show started and done so folks can get home. But I live in the US so a late start will not effect me that much.

Edited by bigcountry

Like who?

The concert last year was right around 11pm when they took the stage and concert was over by 12:30am so I fell I kind of got cheated because of the late start after seeing what the setlist where at some of the other concerts. But I will say I had a blast, just wish they would have played longer like they did at most of the other shows.

As far so the first concert all I remember is it took an hour for them to take the stage to long ago to remember the time.

Fair enough.

this is gonna wind up being one of those things where a bunch of people had an awesome time, they were concerned when axl left the stage, and then they rocked out for a full set list. then they will hear all the negative reports and wonder what concert the negative nancys were at. cry babies go home...actually, stay home.

and only the negative reviews will be posted

Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

*Axl stops the concert due to bottle thrown*

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

*Another bottle thrown. Axl stops the concert again and the band leaves the stage. The lights are on and people start to leave. The band comes back, people start to comeback and after sometime the venue is full again*

Live And Let Die

Rocket Queen

James Bond Theme by Richard Fortus

This I Love

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child O' Mine

Ziggy Stardust by Dizzy Reed

Street of Dreams

*Axl sits on the piano*

Better

*The band is winning the crowd again*

Knockin' on Heavens Door

November Rain

Pink Panther Theme by Bumblefoot

*Ron takes pictures of the crowd*

*The crowd is 100% into the concert*

Nightrain

ENCORE

Madagacar

*Dj playing his guitar with a drumstick*

Ballad of Death by Dj Ashba

Paradise City

*end of the concert*

If it's true that he shouted at the fans through the gates to fuck off then :thumbsdown:

Dude, I love you, but you seriously can't believe this cunt? C'mon, Axl on his knees outside screaming at fans? For fuck sake

So she made it up from thin air? She seemed reasonably level headed about it all. I doubt she made it all up, perhaps embellished the story but it's gotta have some truth to it.

I love you too by the way. Fancy comin' over? :kiss:

I didn't hear her, but to be honest: whack jobs sometimes sound very reasonable. I've had some very "level-headed" people explain some wild conspiracy theories, tell me they're secret millionaires, have powerful Freemason medallions, etc. To which I smile and nod.

I'm impressed. Looks like a killer show/set despite the intial problems with bottle throwing. Also sounds like most of the crowd came back and had a blast at the rest of the show. I give major credit for Axl for not doing like his old ways and just leaving. They came back and delivered the full show that fans came to see.

Of course, the media is only going to pick up on the negative things.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Sometimes laugh is about all you can do. Clearly two succesful, uneventful gigs in a row were too much.

That said, there will be at least one (likely many) person who supported this band and Axl through all the shit, who had to leave and didn't see the concert tonight. That's pretty inexcusable.

Edited by axldavies

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Sometimes laugh is about all you can do. Clearly two succesful, uneventful gigs in a row were too much.

That said, there will be at least one (likely many) person who supported this band and Axl through all the shit, who had to leave and didn't see the concert tonight. That's pretty inexcusable.

Those people are quite right to feel pissed off, a lot of those kids on the radio show sounded like big fans... shame they had to miss the rest of the show.

I'm just back from the gig. I've travelled from Bristol to Dublin today (on crutches because my left leg is paralyser at the hip) and I stood up from 7.30. Danko jones finished at 9.15 and Guns took to the stage around 10.20pm

Fans are pissy - chants of we want slash and all that bs. You want slash? Go to a fucking slash gig then you Braindead morons.

Then the idiot in front threw a bottle, I resisted temptation to wack him one with a crutch. More bottles, axl says stop it or we fuck off... End of sorry... The guy throws another bottle and it's goodnight from them.

He was ever so proud of himself but needed his little buddies to intervene when he was making an exit and I was fed up of his grin and squared up to him. If you are on here, you're fucking lucky that I was on crutches or else I would have put you out cold on the floor.

That's not Internet warrior talk, he wouldn't have been getting back up - o didn't spend 18 months having chemo, having a brain haemorrhage, spending £400 to go see my favourite band leave 5 songs into a set because of your stupidity.

After gnr came back on stage the guys played well except Axl. who sounded like mickey mouse with a throat infection.

Severely downbeat now. Bumble, Fortus, Pitman, Frank, Dj, Tommy... thanks for your contribution, I enjoyed your show...

Axl... well that's it, I know you don't give a shit but look at the crap I've been through on the last 18 months and you topped being told I have cancer.

I'm impressed. Looks like a killer show/set despite the intial problems with bottle throwing. Also sounds like most of the crowd came back and had a blast at the rest of the show. I give major credit for Axl for not doing like his old ways and just leaving. They came back and delivered the full show that fans came to see.

Of course, the media is only going to pick up on the negative things.

are they? or are the obsessive fans on the internet only going to pick up on the positive things?

so far, the tour was cancelled via twitter and rescheduled, reading got aborted, leeds was cancelled by axl from the sage and rescheduled, this last show started late too, then ended early because pissed off fans were throwing shit at axl. i mean, if all these things happened in a row at a lady gaga concert, everyone around here would be making fun of her for being an incompetent twit.

for instance, to a non-gnr obsessive, those recent youtube links sound like axl's out of breath and out of tune. but internet obsessives will say, "yeah, but his passion is incredible!" and they're right too. axl's passion is incredible.

michael jackson fanboards are full of people who still think he didn't rape any kids. they focus on the positive. because they're fans.

The show was not ended early. The show was delayed, yes, but completed. And, while Axl's pitch hasn't been perfect from what I've heard from these recent shows (via YouTube), he hasn't been consistently out of tune like you make it out to be.

As much as fans focus on the positive aspects, haters focus on the negative aspects. It goes both ways.

Ali

I'm just back from the gig. I've travelled from Bristol to Dublin today (on crutches because my left leg is paralyser at the hip) and I stood up from 7.30. Danko jones finished at 9.15 and Guns took to the stage around 10.20pm

Fans are pissy - chants of we want slash and all that bs. You want slash? Go to a fucking slash gig then you Braindead morons.

Then the idiot in front threw a bottle, I resisted temptation to wack him one with a crutch. More bottles, axl says stop it or we fuck off... End of sorry... The guy throws another bottle and it's goodnight from them.

He was ever so proud of himself but needed his little buddies to intervene when he was making an exit and I was fed up of his grin and squared up to him. If you are on here, you're fucking lucky that I was on crutches or else I would have put you out cold on the floor.

That's not Internet warrior talk, he wouldn't have been getting back up - o didn't spend 18 months having chemo, having a brain haemorrhage, spending £400 to go see my favourite band leave 5 songs into a set because of your stupidity.

After gnr came back on stage the guys played well except Axl. who sounded like mickey mouse with a throat infection.

Severely downbeat now. Bumble, Fortus, Pitman, Frank, Dj, Tommy... thanks for your contribution, I enjoyed your show...

Axl... well that's it, I know you don't give a shit but look at the crap I've been through on the last 18 months and you topped being told I have cancer.

WOW talk about putting it into perspective. Thanks!