Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

Some new Youtubes coming in, "GnR tells crowd to not make Dublin look bad" after LALD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRJja8aF7JU

All of LALD from about the 3rd row

bottle throwers removed, lights up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf-aHp2fB80

CD show open, roadie at mic pack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-a43aZtH9U

Richard Solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Fz-Mf4HCQ

SCOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jcTFrH-2xI

November Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxtQyrmRGx4

You Could Be Mine

End of show, PC, fans seemed ok by then!

Man, just man.

Edited by axlskAmpf

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Axl saved the day by coming back out and giving us a fantastic show. Best concert ever.

You are taking the piss aren't you? If anyone saved the day if was the band. Axl was a waste of space on the stage. Best concert ever? My ass.

Just back from what is beyond doubt the worst concert I have ever been to. I'll post a full review when I have calmed down. I left after they played Sorry as I was not willing to stand in a very hostile crowd any longer, especially after being soaked by beer being thrown (yes it was beer) and also getting hit by a coin in the back of the head.

Last night was a fucking disgrace and as far as I am concerned I will NEVER buy a ticket to see Axl Rose again. It was not entirely his fault but he more than played his part.

Sorry it wasn't a more enjoyable experience for you. People in the audience who were not doing anything wrong should not have gotten hurt. It's unfortunate that happened and that just a few idiots could compromise the experience for people like you.

Ali

So why couldn't Axl kick those few idiots out and not fuck up the experience for everyone else? He's as much to blame. He's the professional, he's the one with control over the crowd.

Because last night, Axl was one of those few idiots.

Exactly. I wrote a review saying pretty much that. Sure, people shouldn't throw shit at the band, but Axl's as much to blame, if not more.

Axl is to blame for the late start and for not giving it his all after the band started again. But, to blame him for the choices of a few people who threw things on stage is a bit ridiculous. Those individuals made choices and deserve to be held accountable for their choices as much as Axl deserves to be held accountable for his. You can't selectively apply the concept of personal responsibility for choices and actions.

Ali

I didn't blame him for that. That's not his fault. But he is one of the idiots that ruined the night for a lot of fans. I love Axl, but last night, he was off.

Just back from what is beyond doubt the worst concert I have ever been to. I'll post a full review when I have calmed down. I left after they played Sorry as I was not willing to stand in a very hostile crowd any longer, especially after being soaked by beer being thrown (yes it was beer) and also getting hit by a coin in the back of the head.

Last night was a fucking disgrace and as far as I am concerned I will NEVER buy a ticket to see Axl Rose again. It was not entirely his fault but he more than played his part.

Sorry it wasn't a more enjoyable experience for you. People in the audience who were not doing anything wrong should not have gotten hurt. It's unfortunate that happened and that just a few idiots could compromise the experience for people like you.

Ali

So why couldn't Axl kick those few idiots out and not fuck up the experience for everyone else? He's as much to blame. He's the professional, he's the one with control over the crowd.

Exactly. I wrote a review saying pretty much that. Sure, people shouldn't throw shit at the band, but Axl's as much to blame, if not more.

Axl is to blame for the late start and for not giving it his all after the band started again. But, to blame him for the choices of a few people who threw things on stage is a bit ridiculous. Those individuals made choices and deserve to be held accountable for their choices as much as Axl deserves to be held accountable for his. You can't selectively apply the concept of personal responsibility for choices and actions.

Ali

Axl was really late, if he wasn't so late shit wouldn't have been thrown. It's that simple.

Actually, no, it isn't that simple. They were on time at Download 2006 and shit was still thrown on stage.

By the way, whether you intend it to or not, by making statements like the above, it sounds as if you're saying that it was justified reaction to throw shit for the band being late.

Ali

Ali

Ali

Axl was really late, if he wasn't so late shit wouldn't have been thrown. It's that simple.

Axl was half an hour late. This is not late. Axl has been late for nearly 25 years. No excuse to throw shit at the stage. There is more excuse for axl being late than for throwing bottles at the stage. It clearly takes nearly an hour to rig the stage for GNR after the previous act, this needs to be scheduled into the evening and put on the tickets.

IMO Axl saved the day by coming back out and giving us a fantastic show. Best concert ever.

You are taking the piss aren't you? If anyone saved the day if was the band. Axl was a waste of space on the stage. Best concert ever? My ass.

Yeah see I'm not a drunken tool who thinks that when an artists goes on stage he should be victim to what the crowd has to offer..

Yes Axl and the band saved the day. Axl was obviously pissed off but still sang well enough given the circumstances.

I had a blast. Everyone around me did. I knew what I was getting buying a ticket.

What a shame people have such early bed times.

Edited by axl_on_drums

The drunken tools fucked it up for everyone

Axl should not have let a few drunken tools ruin it for everyone. Instead he decided to punish the thousands of fans who had paid good money to watch him perform by sulking for the rest of the set.

It clearly takes nearly an hour to rig the stage for GNR after the previous act

No it doesn't.. in didn't take that long in Belfast the night before. People need to stop using this as an excuse. People who were at the concert clearly seen that the band and the stage were ready to go long before Axl.

Axl is to blame for the late starts. No one else.

Axl should not have let a few drunken tools ruin it for everyone. Instead he decided to punish the thousands of fans who had paid good money to watch him perform by sulking for the rest of the set.

He tried with the warning. Axl doesn't have magical powers that sobers everyone up, a stern warning isn't going to stop a drunken, and in some cases drugged up crowd.

From then on the security and the fans have the faith of the show in their hands.

Edited by axl_on_drums

Yeah see I'm not a drunken tool who thinks that when an artists goes on stage he should be victim to what the crowd has to offer..

Yes Axl and the band saved the day. Axl was obviously pissed off but still sang well enough given the circumstances.

I had a blast. Everyone around me did. I knew what I was getting buying a ticket.

Best concert ever though? That's ridiculous. Yeah, it was saved from being a complete abomination. I wasn't drunk at all, I knew what I was getting into, but that doesn't make it cool. The Belfast show was fantastic, look at the contrast in the two. Everyone around me enjoyed themselves too, so did I, but no thanks to Axl.

People shouldn't have thrown things, but Axl shouldn't have made a crowd wait for an hour and a half without so much as a word about it. You can't argue it's okay just because he's known for it, that doesn't make it okay. If I serial killer strikes again, they don't go "Ah well, we know what he's like". Drastic comparison but you can clearly see my point. Whoever was throwing things deserves the shit beaten out of them, but there's no excuse for what Axl did either. He acted like a fucking baby. If a glass bottle or dangerous object had hit him or anyone in the band, but it didn't. Very different story.

No it doesn't.. in didn't take that long in Belfast the night before. People need to stop using this as an excuse. People who were at the concert clearly seen that the band and the stage were ready to go long before Axl.

Thankfully, someone can see some sense. Danko Jones finished just after 9pm in Belfast and Guns managed to take the stage just after 9.35pm. And just for the record, Belfast was a hell of a show. The contrast was crazy.

Wrong, it clearly takes around 45 mins at least depending on the venue etc. I agree axl shouldn't have let it ruin it for the true fans but i'm not sure how i'd act in that situation to be honest are you?

Best concert ever though? That's ridiculous. Yeah, it was saved from being a complete abomination. I wasn't drunk at all, I knew what I was getting into, but that doesn't make it cool. The Belfast show was fantastic, look at the contrast in the two. Everyone around me enjoyed themselves too, so did I, but no thanks to Axl.

People shouldn't have thrown things, but Axl shouldn't have made a crowd wait for an hour and a half without so much as a word about it. You can't argue it's okay just because he's known for it, that doesn't make it okay. If I serial killer strikes again, they don't go "Ah well, we know what he's like". Drastic comparison but you can clearly see my point. Whoever was throwing things deserves the shit beaten out of them, but there's no excuse for what Axl did either. He acted like a fucking baby. If a glass bottle or dangerous object had hit him or anyone in the band, but it didn't. Very different story.

So what should he have done then?

Get's hit once, warning! Get's hit twice, leaves. After the second shot what should he of done? Get down on his kness and beg for people to cease throwing the objects?

Yeah that would of worked. It took him leaving and a good 20 minutes for the culprits to be removed and for the cunts to leave so we could all of had a good time.

Plus there was much more room on the floor to move.

If a glass bottle or dangerous object had hit him or anyone in the band, but it didn't. Very different story.

Sorry Conor, but the above is kind of a flimsy argument. How would someone on stage know that there were ONLY plastic bottles in the crowd. And, do you really think that the band can tell the material a bottle is made of as it is whizzing by them?

Ali

Edited by Ali

Wrong, it clearly takes around 45 mins at least depending on the venue etc.

How can you say wrong? We saw it with our fucking eyes :lol: They sorted out the Odyssey in about 35 minutes and even watching it you got the impression they could've done it twice as fast.

If a glass bottle or dangerous object had hit him or anyone in the band, but it didn't. Very different story.

Sorry Conor, but the above is kind of a flimsy argument. How would someone on stage know that there were ONLY plastic bottles in the crowd. And, do you really think that the band can tell the material a bottle is made of as it is quizzing by them?

Ali

Well how about they stop and check before storming off stage?

Sorry Conor, but the above is kind of a flimsy argument. How would someone on stage know that there were ONLY plastic bottles in the crowd. And, do you really think that the band can tell the material a bottle is made of as it is whizzing by them?

Ali

On top of that, why does it matter what is being thrown. Does it really have to be dangerous to justify them walking off? Even if liquid is hitting them they have every right in the world to leave the stage. None of you would put up with that as a performer. Don't try to act all high and mighty and pretend you would.

Wrong, it clearly takes around 45 mins at least depending on the venue etc. I agree axl shouldn't have let it ruin it for the true fans but i'm not sure how i'd act in that situation to be honest are you?

From someone who was at the show:

About taking time to set the stage up:

Roadies set the stage up very quickly after the support band finished (within twenty minutes).

They then spent another forty minutes double checking (i.e. stalling) what they had done.

There was one period where a roadie spent ten minutes sitting on a drum stool staring at the audience-

not even playing or hitting the drums.

Plus the support band played for an hour and 20 minutes with Del James visibly telling them to continue playing.... they were quite clearly stalling for whatever the fuck it is Axl has to do before playing a concert.

Regardless of how I would react to being bottled- Axl would not have been in that situation had he just went on stage on time.

The stage was actually pretty much set up before Danko came on. Roadies fixed a few things here and there

but were pretty much just stalling for time. They only needed fifteen to twenty minutes to set up everything.

I'm fairly sure I saw about half of them standing around doing fuck all. Guns were clearly late. Why is everyone ignoring the fact that Del James told the bassist from Danko Jones to extend the set?

The stage was actually pretty much set up before Danko came on. Roadies fixed a few things here and there

but were pretty much just stalling for time. They only needed fifteen to twenty minutes to set up everything.

All this crap about setting the stage up is arse,,,,the stage was ready to go before danko went on,kiss played in the same venue 3 months ago and there stage contained much more stuff than gnrs and it was all on time no drama and an unbelieveable show to be honest the gig last night pissed me off not because he left the stage or that he was late i can deal with that what fucking killed me was the fact he stood there and mailed it in...he leaned against tommys bass amp for sweet child! the crowd where into it,the band were into and he should have delivered, the band saved his ass last night and as i previously stated in here numerous times this is my 9th or 10th times seeing this incarnation of GNR since 2002 even rock am ring 2001 i was there but he cancelled 2 weeks before it i got over it but to see him just stand there and be a complete unprofessional pissed me off the most....so dissapointed

Wrong, it clearly takes around 45 mins at least depending on the venue etc.

How can you say wrong? We saw it with our fucking eyes :lol: They sorted out the Odyssey in about 35 minutes and even watching it you got the impression they could've done it twice as fast.

Sorry Conor, but the above is kind of a flimsy argument. How would someone on stage know that there were ONLY plastic bottles in the crowd. And, do you really think that the band can tell the material a bottle is made of as it is quizzing by them?

Ali

Well how about they stop and check before storming off stage?

Look, I get it. You're rightfully pissed. But, you are reaching. First, if plastic bottles were thrown, that doesn't preclude the possibility of something else, heavier, more dangerous, being thrown. Second, what message is sent by continuing on with people throwing things? The message is "it's ok to throw things at us". After that, the only thing that can happen is escalation. That is the only direction the situation can go, and that is dangerous for the crowd and band.

Ali

I've been to enough concerts in the last 20 years, & have seen bands with far more elaborate staging than what Axl has going on, to know that it doesn't take 45,60,90,120 minutes in between sets. There may be certain times when it isn't Axl's fault for the late start, but I'd bet those times are very few and far between.

Bands opening for GNR being told to extend their set isn't anything new either. Sebastian had talked in the past about times Skid Row played songs twice because they had been told to extend their set when they opened the UYI tour.

When I saw Manson in 97, people were throwing bottles & stuff at him for his whole 60 minute set. He kept playing, and when he was done he told the crowd "You're all a bunch of pussies with really bad aim!" :rofl-lol: Perhaps Axl should give it a shot....

Edited by tat2d1

I don't think lateness comes into it. The guy would have thrown the bottle regardless. He threw it even after they were on stage and beginning to win people over, so clearly the guy just wanted to be a dick. I think it's just as naive to believe that the bottle thrower wouldn't have thrown the bottle/glass if axl was on at 9.30, 9 or whenever.