Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

Use Your Disillusion – Guns N’ Roses @ The O2 Dublin

Thanks for that. Very clear and very easy to see where a lot of the mood came from.

Hey man he was there so he can title it whateva he wants 2 ya dig??!?

Lol, I'm a she, not a he, and I was complimenting RonMexico82. I copied only the title so as to not clutter the thread.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4949773348_a8bed9c2b5.jpg

Someone got a good shot of a piss cup that was hurled at Axl in mid air.

It really pisses me off when people do shit like that. Anyway, is it just me or are people actually surprised that the band took on the stage late? Not trying to justify anybody or anything but you gotta remember who we're talking about here; Guns are notorious for being fashionably late, we should know that by now. Yeah, it's really uncool and unprofessional but it's always been that way and quite frankly, it'll always be that way. If you don't like it...you can always join an AC/DC forum. I am just hoping the tour continues.

I think we're about to see the end of Fake Guns N' Roses. It seems like it has almost become a sport to throw shit at Axl on stage, just to make him go away. Maybe they think it will break up the band if it happens at every show? But if somebody in the crowd next to me did something like that, I would have beat him senseless.

Anyway, is it just me or are people actually surprised that the band took on the stage late? Not trying to justify anybody or anything but you gotta remember who we're talking about here; Guns are notorious for being fashionably late, we should know that by now. Yeah, it's really uncool and unprofessional but it's always been that way and quite frankly, it'll always be that way. If you don't like it...you can always join an AC/DC forum. I am just hoping the tour continues.

From RonMexico82s detailed background information and report (thanks a lot btw, it was an eyeopener) it should be absolutely clear that the problem does indeed lie in the band getting on stage late (whoever is responsible for them being late most of the time).

It seems it doesn't matter anymore that GNR and Axl have always done so. Times have changed, people's attitude has changed, and the press is working unisono to make Axl a really disgusting paria in the public perception, justified or not. The conflict seems to be intractable. One of the two sides would have to change in order for both to get on well again. I don't know who is more unlikely to change - the majority of the audience or Axl. Just this one thing is clear to me - they don't fit each other anymore. The music is still brilliant, the performance is as well - but that's not enough. The message needs a receiver who understands it. Axl's message is no longer understood.

In Dublin, he' finally lost his audience, I'm afraid. :(

Edit: The times when GNR could go on stage hours late and it was perceived just as part of real deal Axl Rose seem to be just as gone as the original line-up. If the 2010 line-up is what GNR is today and the audience has to accept it, then the 2010 audience is what it is today as well and GNR/Axl have to deal with it just the same way. I just realised that.

Edited by Granny

No artist should have to tolerate objects being thrown at them. However, Axl wouldn't have objects being thrown at him if he didn't piss his audience off by letting them wait time and time again. If he doesn't respect his fans, some fans wont respect him.

Edited by BaDHaBiTt

If the crowd boos waiting for GnR, do they not sing patience? I didn't see it in the set list. In Toronto there was a little booing, and we didn't get Patience.

No Patience for impatience? Hmmm.

where are all the axl defenders? man is fucking up his shows and stuff like that, all the time now.

where is all the talk about axls integrity and such. nowhere to be seen, as expected.

Well, Axl showed some integrity after warning not to throw anything else they would leave and then someone else threw something, and he left.

Ummm, nope, that's all I can come up with on this one.

I posted a review a good few pages back so won't repeat it. I support everything Ronmexico had to say.

I will say though that what happened was a major pity.

I went to the concert with my parents and they were AMAZED at the number of people who turned up,

and the initially positive atmosphere and feeling of excitement.

It did not have to turn out like it did.

Also Axl should not issue ultimatums to rooms full of drunk people who feel that they are anonymous.

Someone is bound to challenge it.

And you never know what is wrong with some people. They could have personality disorders, be highly aggressive people,

be manic etc., just people with low impulse control fuelled by drink.

Axl should have just asked people to stop throwing things. THere still might have been one or two incidents but he should have

ignored them.

However as many people have said he looked very angry from the first song, and I'm sure was just looking for an excuse to leave.

So all in all I feel he squandered to big opportunities; one to impress people by getting on stage early, and then a chance to turn things

around when he came on again.

This has been a complete disaster for the band in Ireland. You can't emphasise that enough. And the fact that it has gone global

is also bad for Axl. It will put some people off going to the shows and might increase the risk of other people throwing things in the

future.

Firstly, the Belfast show Tuesday night was amazing. GNR are the best band on the planet and proved it with a mind blowing live show. The crowd went bannanas for them. Casual fans who probably didn't know the new music were loving it. One guy who obviously went for Sweet Child O' Mine alone told me at the end that it was the best night of his life. They went on stage at 9.45 and played for almost 2.5 hours.

In Dublin they took the stage approximately 35 mins later. So fuckin' what! I'm embarrassed at the reaction of the people who surrounded me. What a bunch of misery ridden complaining whiny fucks. It was a rock show so just be grateful they came on. You paid 70 euro for a ticket and then proceed to NOT enjoy it. The time they took the stage was not that late. OBVIOUSLY any curfew would be broken. It doesn't take a genius to realise that so anyone who says they thought the band would still finish by 11.30 is full of shit and making excuses for their own behaviour.

All that aside. It was very disappointing when Axl left the stage. I saw him get one pint of beer/piss right in the face though but still I'd rather he soaked it up and kept going. He would have won the crowd over if he kept going. I had worried that after such a great show the night before that he may have partied too hard. Looks like he wasn't in the best of form. It sucks that people left. I'm glad I stayed. The band still sounded amazing. Axl sang great. It was a downer though to see him so uninterested in the gig. He obviously was forced to come back against his will. The other guys were great as usual and I'm proud of them.

All in all. Belfast was the best show I've ever seen. Dublin was still a great night for me either way!!! Disappointing that it will do harm to the bands image though. I hope they pick it back up. What I saw in Belfast was so so great. I hope everyone gets to see a performance like that. I hope the world gets to see it. I'm so happy I did!

And you never know what is wrong with some people. They could have personality disorders, be highly aggressive people,

be manic etc., just people with low impulse control fuelled by drink.

You mean Axl?? :rolleyes:

This has been a complete disaster for the band in Ireland. You can't emphasise that enough. And the fact that it has gone global

is also bad for Axl. It will put some people off going to the shows and might increase the risk of other people throwing things in the

future.

Well, if everyone knows that throwing things can cause a cancellation of the concert from what happened in Dublin, you'd think they were learn not to be so stupid. The people who do it, know it could wreck it for everyone but do it anyway. So people in the crowd have to stop the guy to protect their own show. Do you think those idiots won't throw things if the band shows up on time? Of course not, because they're idiots regardless.

I'm still hoping to learn how someone 'restrains' Axl Rose from leaving the venue. Apparently, MCD wouldn't allow him to leave? Can you do that?

Edited by Orsys

I Concur with the post above,

The one way to stop this is to Just stop throwing shit -

stupid jobless irish twats

The great thing about racism is, it tells you, almost immediately, the capacity of the person your talking to...

Jesus, the Irish aren't a "race". People reporting this post need to stop being so hypersensitive.

racism applies to nations not just colour

in any case the comment was offensive

Irish Independent review:

t's 10.24pm. Normally, this is the time you hear the headline act bellowing, "Goodnight Dublin." There would be a short interval and perhaps a few encores.

But at 10.24pm on Wednesday night, the house lights finally go down in the O2 and Guns N' Roses take to the stage to the relief of a very impatient crowd.

The scenes that follow were some kind of live musical equivalent of GUBU. It's grotesque, unbelievable, bizarre and totally unprecedented.

Seconds into the second song, 'Welcome to the Jungle', Axl Rose suddenly halts the performance after a water bottle is tossed on stage. "Here's the deal," he says. "One more bottle and we go. We don't want to go."

After five appalling numbers, Bottlegate part 2. "That's it. Thank you. Goodnight. Have a nice evening." The punters next to me who have driven up from Cork leave, as do many fans. Axl Rose clearly has zero consideration for the paying audience, venue staff and promoters.

A stagehand announces that there are "technical difficulties". And he is dealing with -- technically -- one of the most difficult artists in the world.

Astonishingly, promoter Dennis Desmond himself takes to the stage.

"Sincere apologies about this. We're trying hard to get Axl to come back on-stage. I would ask you please to refrain from throwing items at him. I promise you a great show, but we need calm, please. If you could bear with us for five minutes. Thank you for your patience," he tells the crowd.

The house lights go down after another uncertain interval and the band finally return and launch into a rendition of 'Live and Let Die'.

Bizarrely, one of Axl's hired guns announces, "C'mon Dublin, don't let yourselves down".

It is his own frontman that has let everyone down. There is a telling contrast to how Slash entertained a fervent crowd at Vicar Street recently and treated the audience with respect and heartfelt appreciation.

Those words clearly aren't in Axl Rose's vocabulary. He insists on performing track after track from the flop of an album that is 'Chinese Democracy'.

Admittedly, the band do a decent take on 'Sweet Child O'Mine', but Axl looks like he couldn't give a monkeys and their playing unashamedly apes Slash.

The 'show' eventually ends at 1am sharp. If you've missed your last bus or DART, tough.

The washed up bad joke that is Axl Rose should retire from live performances with immediate effect until he cops on and learns some basic manners.

racism applies to nations not just colour

eh.. no

Yes it does.

race2    [reys] Show IPA

–noun

a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.

a population so related.

Anthropology .

a.

any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics: no longer in technical use.

b.

an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, esp. formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups.

c.

a human population partially isolated reproductively from other populations, whose members share a greater degree of physical and genetic similarity with one another than with other humans.

a group of tribes or peoples forming an ethnic stock: the Slavic race.

any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.: the Dutch race.

Edited by steveysham

Today, pretty much all nations are multi-cultural.

If one were to be racist against a nation as you say is possible, you would essentially be acting on yourself, as there is an almost 100% chance there are people sharing your own culture/history/language etc.. living in that country.

If one were to be racist against a nation as you say is possible, you would essentially be acting on yourself, as there is an almost 100% chance there are people sharing your own culture/history/language etc.. living in that country.

True and that's why racists are idiots.

I'm reeling from the shock that Ron isn't actually from Mexico.

I won't bother adding much to what has already been said by Ron, Conor and others who were also at the show, who have summed up my sentiments precisely. Just to say that the band were terrific and I too was thinking that they could go it without Axl - would be very interesting. Despite Axl's piss poor behaviour, there were a couple of positives on the night; when the O2 cleared me and my mates went from row 50 to 2nd or 3rd row for the rest of the gig - we also got 2 of Bumblefoot's picks.

It's a shitter that the people who left aren't gonna get a refund. I would advise speaking to your credit card company if you payed by credit card as they sometimes will refund you and take up the dispute on your behalf.

I was thinking for the rest of the tour they could construct a perspex screen that runs the whole length of the stage to protect Axl and the band from all those plastic missiles. Failing that Axl could just geta pope-mobile for the show or a similar screen attached to a Segway or something.

_41691996_popemobile_afp416.jpg

Edited by Stan

True and that's why racists are idiots.

Major idiots, I agree.

Possible to be racist against a nation... no.

Many, many years ago it would have been possible to make a racist statement against a nation, as there were virtually no immigrants. Everyone living in a country would be the same race and share their history.

Bit off topic :xmassrudolph:

Edited by spirit83