Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

So now its filled to the brim? Revisionist history works both ways pal. I was there. The first thing thrown was a plastic cup and the spray hit Axl. Not a full pint, spray. The other thing thrown was an empty plastic bottle.

Did you see the glass bottles all over the place. people were spotted pissing in bottles in the smoking garden.

Before the assholes left the place was a war zone.

Took Axl's follow up on his promise to set people straight and for them to reliaze he wasn't playing around.

Remove that massive chip dude.

I never expected you off all people to actually be an apologist for Axl Rose treating Irish fans like shit. Which is what he did when they came back on and he phoned in a performance. I thought more of you man.

He phoned it in because he had just been attacked twice

Honestly, what should Axl have done after the second bottle attack other than walk off?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now its filled to the brim? Revisionist history works both ways pal. I was there. The first thing thrown was a plastic cup and the spray hit Axl. Not a full pint, spray. The other thing thrown was an empty plastic bottle.

Did you see the glass bottles all over the place. people were spotted pissing in bottles in the smoking garden.

Before the assholes left the place was a war zone.

Took Axl's follow up on his promise to set people straight and for them to reliaze he wasn't playing around.

Remove that massive chip dude.

I never expected you off all people to actually be an apologist for Axl Rose treating Irish fans like shit. Which is what he did when they came back on and he phoned in a performance. I thought more of you man.

He phoned it in because he had just been attacked twice

Honestly, what should Axl have done after the second bottle attack other than walk off?

Stop the show, and say "I'm not playing until that fucker gets kicked out" but stay on stage. That was the most he should've done.

Guest RonMexico82

You correct there man. But unfortunately you were at the show where Axl decides to fuck everyone over with his behaviour turning thousands of fans against him instantly instead of wowing them with a killer show. You do realise that the chances of another GNR show in Ireland are now practically zero. MCD won't touch them with a bargepole after this.

You correct there man. But unfortunately you were at the show where Axl decides to fuck everyone over with his behaviour turning thousands of fans against him instantly instead of wowing them with a killer show. You do realise that the chances of another GNR show in Ireland are now practically zero. MCD won't touch them with a bargepole after this.

Not a chance. It's funny, I was back in Belfast City Centre today, saw loads of people in Guns shirts, I have done all Summer. It was funny. I still can't get over the complete contrast in the two shows. I can't see them coming anywhere near the UK or the US without a new album anyway.

Sure, one guy acted the dick, but Axl punished thousands of people for it.

I believe I was at a GNR gig.

There's no doubt about that, it was as close to a "true GNR experience" as you could get these days. It was great in that respect.

Oh, I believe that.

Which is why I'm going to the O2 in London where I beleive I will see an amazing GNR show sans Axl being assaulted with bottles and boos from an abusive drunken crowd.

Might get some class and respect in London to a living Legend

There's no doubt about that, it was as close to a "true GNR experience" as you could get these days. It was great in that respect.

Was awesome

Yeah the Irish crowds need to learn to show a little respect. They are lacking in decency it seems and I'm saying that as a man of Irish descent.

Irish fans can be great. It's really a toss of a coin.

Sadly GNR attracted some rough people who have the balls to throw a bottle. Takes a really odd kind of person to get the nerve to do something like that.

Might get some class and respect in London to a living Legend

Fingers crossed..... But i wouldnt expect too much from a London crowd! :tongue2:

Guest RonMexico82

Yeah the Irish crowds need to learn to show a little respect. They are lacking in decency it seems and I'm saying that as a man of Irish descent.

Your attempts to bait the fans who were at this gig for your own twisted pleasure is becoming increasingly pathetic.

I'm not trying to bait anyone. It's just that so much pathetic self-pity combined with vindictive hatred makes me laugh.

So if you only got 23 minutes of music at one of your favorite artists concerts you wouldn't have anything to say about it??

Then the security staff tell you the concert is over and usher you out, only for you to find out that the band are back on stage playing a set and the venue won't let you back in.

Then to add to this the promoter comes on and tells everyone there will be no refunds since the artist played a set!!

You would be ok with all this?????

Guest RonMexico82

I'm not trying to bait anyone. It's just that so much pathetic self-pity combined with vindictive hatred makes me laugh.

Yeah well I'll leave the moderators be the judge of that.

So if you only got 23 minutes of music at one of your favorite artists concerts you wouldn't have anything to say about it??

Then the security staff tell you the concert is over and usher you out, only for you to find out that the band are back on stage playing a set and the venue won't let you back in.

Then to add to this the promoter comes on and tells everyone there will be no refunds since the artist played a set!!

I'd be pissed with security and the promoter and the people throwing bottles but I wouldn't whine about it like a little crybaby. I don't believe the band were particularly at fault in this instance.

Guest RonMexico82

I'd be pissed with security and the promoter and the people throwing bottles but I wouldn't whine about it like a little crybaby. I don't believe the band were particularly at fault in this instance.

Funny how you offer your first constructive contribution to this thread once I mentioned the moderators. Well too late buddy, you've been reported anyway.

The Band wasn't - AXL was!!! The band were great!

If you are looking for a crybaby - there's the Ultimate Cry Baby!!! AXL!!

I notice he hasn't tweeted anything yet like he usually does!!!?

And don't worry, I am pissed at the security. promoter and O2 - trying to tell us they are gone off due to Technical Difficulties - It was all about the $$$$$ MONEY $$$$$ for both the promoters and AXL etc....

And don't worry, I am pissed at the security. promoter and O2 - trying to tell us they are gone off due to Technical Difficulties - It was all about the $$$$$ MONEY $$$$$ for both the promoters and AXL etc....

What the fuck else is should it be about?

The fans, THOSE FANS!! My god the sheer lack of respect they gave the band and Axl was beyond description.

Axl came on 40 mins late. Oh yeah, by the way the sky was also blue that day

Edited by axl_on_drums

The fans, THOSE FANS!! My god the sheer lack of respect they gave the band and Axl was beyond description.

Well some artists I have gone to have done it for the Love of Music, Respect to the Fans (Respect is a 2 way thing)!!!

Yes the money is there at the end, but this was blatant - and I refer more to the promoters with this comment, I think AXL was at least ready to walk away from it all!!!

40 Minutes late???? You must have been at a different show to me???

My show is on the 18th, and I don't have a ticket yet. Am I going to buy one? Hell yeah!

It's my favourite band, and I'm taking the risk of Axl showing up 4 hours late, of Axl spending his stage time in a teddy bear costume, of him punching Bumble in the face and walking off after 12 minutes, of November Rain being sung by Dizzy. It's Axl and I've been following his actions for almost two decades now, so I'm aware that anything is possible. If worst comes to worst, maybe I won't go to the next show in a couple of years, and also Guns is the only band whom I'm taking this "risk" for, but this time, hey, I'm aware anything can happen, and I'm with it. If it really sucks at least I got a story to tell, on I go with my own life and my own projects. Also, this show might be the most exciting one I have ever attended, because usually shows are quite predictable with the same setlist being played during the whole tour, etc...

Disclaimer: I know being hit by flying bottles must suck...

And Ron, I have never seen you write like this, you must be really, really dissappointed, I'm sorry for you, man!

Well some artists I have gone to have done it for the Love of Music, Respect to the Fans (Respect is a 2 way thing)!!!

Yes the money is there at the end, but this was blatant - and I refer more to the promoters with this comment, I think AXL was at least ready to walk away from it all!!!

Despite every effort being made by promoters to ensure Guns N' Roses would go on stage on time, they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs.

Little over 40 minutes.

I've waited longer for bands.

Guest RonMexico82

Despite every effort being made by promoters to ensure Guns N' Roses would go on stage on time, they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs.

Little over 40 minutes.

I've waited longer for bands.

Yeah but the POINT is that people were upset because they believed the curfew to be 11.30pm as it is with ALL shows at the O2. The thought they were only going to get an hour of GNR. Also if the band decided to break that curfew and play past midnight, people were told that their cars in the carparks nearby would be clamped after midnight and the fine is €100. Also the LUAS stops at 12.30. Can you not see now why people would be pissed that they went on when they did?