Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

I'm not trying to bait anyone. It's just that so much pathetic self-pity combined with vindictive hatred makes me laugh.

So if you only got 23 minutes of music at one of your favorite artists concerts you wouldn't have anything to say about it??

Then the security staff tell you the concert is over and usher you out, only for you to find out that the band are back on stage playing a set and the venue won't let you back in.

Then to add to this the promoter comes on and tells everyone there will be no refunds since the artist played a set!!

You would be ok with all this?????

I'd be pissed with security and the promoter and the people throwing bottles but I wouldn't whine about it like a little crybaby. I don't believe the band were particularly at fault in this instance.

The Band wasn't - AXL was!!! The band were great!

If you are looking for a crybaby - there's the Ultimate Cry Baby!!! AXL!!

I notice he hasn't tweeted anything yet like he usually does!!!?

And don't worry, I am pissed at the security. promoter and O2 - trying to tell us they are gone off due to Technical Difficulties - It was all about the $$$$$ MONEY $$$$$ for both the promoters and AXL etc....

What the fuck else is should it be about?

The fans, THOSE FANS!! My god the sheer lack of respect they gave the band and Axl was beyond description.

Axl came on 40 mins late. Oh yeah, by the way the sky was also blue that day

Well some artists I have gone to have done it for the Love of Music, Respect to the Fans (Respect is a 2 way thing)!!!

Yes the money is there at the end, but this was blatant - and I refer more to the promoters with this comment, I think AXL was at least ready to walk away from it all!!!

40 Minutes late???? You must have been at a different show to me???

Despite every effort being made by promoters to ensure Guns N' Roses would go on stage on time, they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs.

Little over 40 minutes.

I've waited longer for bands.

Yeah but the POINT is that people were upset because they believed the curfew to be 11.30pm as it is with ALL shows at the O2. The thought they were only going to get an hour of GNR. Also if the band decided to break that curfew and play past midnight, people were told that their cars in the carparks nearby would be clamped after midnight and the fine is €100. Also the LUAS stops at 12.30. Can you not see now why people would be pissed that they went on when they did?

If GNR didn't get bottled they would of been off at 12, just like Pearl Jam were months prior.

People would of made the Luas etc.

As for the clamping, well shit happens, just leave then if that's the case

Edited by axl_on_drums

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

Eh, probably over the weekend sometime. I don't know if I have any thoughts on how things could be improved but I have some other thoughts about how GNR are now losing control of the narrative in the public regarding this band. That is BAD news, with even worse implications.

I'm not trying to bait anyone. It's just that so much pathetic self-pity combined with vindictive hatred makes me laugh.

So if you only got 23 minutes of music at one of your favorite artists concerts you wouldn't have anything to say about it??

Then the security staff tell you the concert is over and usher you out, only for you to find out that the band are back on stage playing a set and the venue won't let you back in.

Then to add to this the promoter comes on and tells everyone there will be no refunds since the artist played a set!!

You would be ok with all this?????

I'd be pissed with security and the promoter and the people throwing bottles but I wouldn't whine about it like a little crybaby. I don't believe the band were particularly at fault in this instance.

The Band wasn't - AXL was!!! The band were great!

If you are looking for a crybaby - there's the Ultimate Cry Baby!!! AXL!!

I notice he hasn't tweeted anything yet like he usually does!!!?

And don't worry, I am pissed at the security. promoter and O2 - trying to tell us they are gone off due to Technical Difficulties - It was all about the $$$$$ MONEY $$$$$ for both the promoters and AXL etc....

What the fuck else is should it be about?

The fans, THOSE FANS!! My god the sheer lack of respect they gave the band and Axl was beyond description.

Axl came on 40 mins late. Oh yeah, by the way the sky was also blue that day

Well some artists I have gone to have done it for the Love of Music, Respect to the Fans (Respect is a 2 way thing)!!!

Yes the money is there at the end, but this was blatant - and I refer more to the promoters with this comment, I think AXL was at least ready to walk away from it all!!!

40 Minutes late???? You must have been at a different show to me???

Despite every effort being made by promoters to ensure Guns N' Roses would go on stage on time, they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs.

Little over 40 minutes.

I've waited longer for bands.

Yeah but the POINT is that people were upset because they believed the curfew to be 11.30pm as it is with ALL shows at the O2. The thought they were only going to get an hour of GNR. Also if the band decided to break that curfew and play past midnight, people were told that their cars in the carparks nearby would be clamped after midnight and the fine is €100. Also the LUAS stops at 12.30. Can you not see now why people would be pissed that they went on when they did?

If GNR didn't get bottled they would of been off at 12, just like Pearl Jam were months prior.

People would of made the Luas etc.

As for the clamping, well shit happens, just leave then if that's the case

Yeah but that would have been a 1hr 35 min set. Do you think it is acceptable to charge €70 for a concert and then tell the customer to fuck off home early or I'll clamp your car and fine you €100. Come on man, you know that is not how things work. Just admit that the promoter and GNR made a complete balls of this gig, as did the fans who threw the bottles. Nobody is without fault regarding this gig, even Axl Rose.

Edited by RonMexico82

A concert audience full of thousands of people is an uncontrollable variable. Obviously! Especially when they are pissed off after sitting around waiting.....and for what? because Axl, who has all goddam day to get ready, can't get onstage on time?

Some audience members might throw shit, BFD. A professional performer, knows how to handle the situation and get the crowd on their side. Axl, OTOH, acts like an unprofessional baby, who wants to punish everyone after everything doesn't go his way. It's becoming more and more ridiculous.

There are performers who inspire love and respect from their audiences, without resorting to threats or temper tantrums. It's just shameful that anyone would try and defend this. Enough already.

A concert audience full of thousands of people is an uncontrollable variable. Obviously! Especially when they are pissed off after sitting around waiting.....and for what? because Axl, who has all goddam day to get ready, can't get onstage on time?

Some audience members might throw shit, BFD. A professional performer, knows how to handle the situation and get the crowd on their side. Axl, OTOH, acts like an unprofessional baby, who wants to punish everyone after everything doesn't go his way. It's becoming more and more ridiculous.

There are performers who inspire love and respect from their audiences, without resorting to threats or temper tantrums. It's just shameful that anyone would try and defend this. Enough already.

He was seriously angry. Just look at the way he turns and walks off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y83HMV1YCgA&feature=player_embedded

And despite his anger and lack of interest you can see that the crowd still got fairly enthusiastic. He could have turned things

around if he'd just put any kind of effort in

Also it's pretty amazing that this thread has got over 50,000 views and over 1000 posts

Also here's the story on the Irish national news channel:

Edited by axl666

Fuck sake RonMexico - Give it up man!

You've become one of the others!

You had a shit night. You fucked off!! Get over it!

Jesus you really know rock n' roll is in trouble when someone keeps mentioning that they missed the luas!!! (a tram)

Edited by NEU-YORK

Fuck sake RonMexico - Give it up man!

You've become one of the others!

You had a shit night. You fucked off!! Get over it!

You're a poet..

I like Ron Mexico, and for reasons beyond his control he had to leave but he's being a bitch.

This was a rock n roll show featuring "The Most Dangerous Band In The World"

Edited by axl_on_drums

so what if he's angry? he had a shitty time and wants to talk about it with some of the other fans. you don't want to hear it... great. if you don't want to hear people complaining about axl, then for god's sake stop reading the thread dedicated to the shittiest show on his tour. of course it's going to be full of people complaining. but big deal. seems like a normal reaction.

if he's still posting about this show in a month, okay, i'll agree he needs to let it go. but it's been a couple of days.

i know you don't like negativity polluting the forum, but maybe you should take your own advice, stop crying and deal with it.

But he likes to complain every 5 minutes! It's like....."Really, you want to tell me this again?"

To quote Axl, from this forum (as Dexter):

"...the whole throwing shit sucks and is pretty cowardly but the leaving I got at Donnington from Lemmy. When we 1st played Donnington I was so happy I had knocked a bottle of piss out of the air when Lemmy gave me a lecture how if another band got hurt because I allowed people to throw things at our shows I'd be responsible for other bands getting hurt. Whether real or there's an argument against that, I've never been able to have anything override that in my head, not even a riot and I don't know why. If you're working hard and some cunt throws something so he can tell his buddies I don't see where it's worth it."

Can we end this fucking discussion now?

i know you don't like negativity polluting the forum, but maybe you should take your own advice, stop crying and deal with it.

Exactly. The ass-kissers are crying and whining just as much as the the people they are accusing!

Guest RonMexico82

You can keep crying about the criticism. I couldnt give a fuck and I have dealt with bigger pricks on here in the past to not let a bunch of know it all delusional basement dwellers tell me how I should react to a show where their beloved Axl Rose was exposed as the prima donna plastic Mr Rock N Roll.

"...the whole throwing shit sucks and is pretty cowardly but the leaving I got at Donnington from Lemmy. When we 1st played Donnington I was so happy I had knocked a bottle of piss out of the air when Lemmy gave me a lecture how if another band got hurt because I allowed people to throw things at our shows I'd be responsible for other bands getting hurt. Whether real or there's an argument against that, I've never been able to have anything override that in my head, not even a riot and I don't know why. If you're working hard and some cunt throws something so he can tell his buddies I don't see where it's worth it."

Those of us with common sense would love to!

On the other hand, the whiners crying about Axl's "late" start ruining their abilities to get home on time, get to bed, get to work, whatever, are quite happy to stay up LATE as hell to bitch about the fact that lateness ruins their lives...

:rofl-lol:

Those of us with common sense would love to!

On the other hand, the whiners crying about Axl's "late" start ruining their abilities to get home on time, get to bed, get to work, whatever, are quite happy to stay up LATE as hell to bitch about the fact that lateness ruins their lives...

:rofl-lol:

Forget about the late start, Axl is a dick for coming back on stage and giving a shitty performance. Have you seen the You Tube clips of Axl glued to the spot? I felt sorry for the audience and the bandmembers watching that. If you're going to perform, do it properly and give people what they paid for. It's a fucking insult to the fans and his bandmates and Axl should be ashamed for acting like some bitch on her period. That's not rock n roll, it's pathetic.

I couldn't give a shit if Axl's in a bad mood. People had paid to see a show and he fucked them over. What a loser.

Edited by Towelie

Forget about the late start, Axl is a dick for coming back on stage and giving a shitty performance. Have you seen the You Tube clips of Axl glued to the spot? I felt sorry for the audience and the bandmembers watching that. If you're going to perform, do it properly and give people what they paid for. It's a fucking insult to the fans and his bandmates and Axl should be ashamed for acting like some bitch on her period. That's not rock n roll, it's pathetic.

I couldn't give a shit if Axl's in a bad mood. People had paid to see a show and he fucked them over. What a loser.

Lol, keep crying softie. Axl does what he chooses to do... you hate him because you'll never have the guts to be that liberated.

Edited by Axl Knows

Lol, keep crying softie. Axl does what he chooses to do... you hate him because you'll never have the guts to be that liberated.

If you could crawl out of Axl's asshole for more than five minutes perhaps you would start to see why he's seen by pretty much everybody outside of a few diehard fans as a washed up hasbeen and a complete asshole.

The man has a huge talent but his capacity to be a complete twat is far greater. Everybody knows it apart from a few sad obsessives who put him on some kind of pedastal and pray to his posters at night. Just mention the name "Axl Rose" outside of this fan forum and see what kind of reaction it gets.

Lol, who cares what kind of reaction it gets. 99% of people are total fucking morons. The few who have a shred of intelligence and individuality in them can appreciate the way Axl rolls.

You're such a deluded sycophant I feel sorry for you.

99% of folks are decent, hard working, honest people. It's this exact attitude why Axl behaves the way he does. He's convinced the world is conspiring against him and he's sticking it to the man. He justifies his self-centred and bratty behaviour by deluding himself that this is the case. Sticking it to the man should not mean pissing off thousands of your most devoted fans just because you feel like it. That's not being "liberated", it's fucking rude.

Edited by Towelie

Haha, sycophant. That's funny. Here you go: Axl was a total dick for that rant against Madison, Axl was being an asshole when he made those cancer comments about Slash etc etc. But no, he wasn't being a dick for leaving the stage after being pelted with bottles. You expect him to take that shit when you cry like a baby over a delayed show you hypocritical softie.

Most people are fucking idiots. "Decent, hardworking?" lol. More like brainwashed, ignorant, sheeplike, bandwagon-jumping, closed-minded...

Edited by Axl Knows

mcd the promotors probably fucked up several times. maybe they should have printed approx stage times on the tickets or in the press. this could have avoided some of the reaction from the crowd. but i don't think this is normal for any promoters and i also think that late starts are not that unusual. someone should have anounced that there would not be a curfew and that the concert would go on in full. then they also fucked up by turning on the venue lights, which is what sent the majority of the crowd home,among them some genuine guns fans and i am really annoyed about this. on the lights, i reckon they finally went on to aid security in weeding out the trouble makers. this could have been handled better with an anouncement that the show wasn't over prior to doing this.what they did do well was to convince axl to go back on and to issue a statement the following day.

axl fucked up being so late and lost things wth the crowd from as early as 9:45pm. when we entered at 8:30 to the seated part, there were a lot of very fuelled (on god knows what) guys heading for the floor. from about 9:45-10:00 there were boos and fuck you axl chants all over the place.these would mainly have been casual fans that have read the negatives from reading/leeds in the english papers.as the guys said earlier most houses in ireland will either receive an english tabloid or watch british tv on a daily basis,so most of the 14,000 there would be aware of what was reported about reading/leeds and very few would have heard of the great gig in belfast. example of that was the guy next to me at 10pm asked me if they would show.i said of course they will,they are always this late and then he spoke of reading and i quickly added about the great gig in belfast the previous night.so all in all the vibes that people had on entry weren't good and it went downhill from there.i think another thing that annoyed people there was the fact that (in my eyes also) the stage was pretty much ready and 30 minutes would turn things around.i won't go into this further,as it has already been dicussed before.but the constant tuning of guitars,etc.. really got things fired up in the crowd.by the time they did hit the stage there was still plenty axl could have done to turn things around for him and the band.as the guys have already said if he addressed the crowd in a friendly manner after chinese then by and large they would have warmed to him.despite the image being protrayed here and on other forums that the irish fans were all drunks,which by the way was untrue.i didn't witness more than a handful in the seated arena all night.the fact is that the irish are also were friendly and warm people in general and would have really warmed to axl had he addressed them in a nice manner early on.i'll skip the bottle throwing and the departure and move on. axl again could have saved the day by interacting a bit more when he came back on.i know he was pissed,but hey so were to 9k fans still there. he should have said something at that stage and i'm sure he would have got a great reaction. instead for his own reasons he went through the night like a robot. unlike mcd who probably did wrong also, axl and gnr have chosen not to realease a statement.

o2 sold plastic bottles on the night,although at the same time they have always done this.so you can't really blame them for this.security seemed to do a poor enough job,judging by the claims that there were quite a lot of glass bottles on the floor. on the other hand they did an ok job from where i was seated to the left of the stage.problem was that they seemed to under manned and struggled at times to control it.

in sayin all of the above i don't accept that the bottle throwers were anything but scumbags and they played a massive part in the nights events.

i personally enjoyed the show that richard,ron and dj put on for the crowd and enjoyed axls voice when standing still.i missed his running around on stage and was pretty angry and very sad when he resorted to leaning on amps. i also missed the band intorductions and the farewell at the end, all of which i enjoyed in slane and the rds. i think the simplest way to describe the show when it restarted,was that it was like listening to a cd, which we could do in our own homes, when what we really came for showmanship and the live feel. we got that from the band but sadly not from the leader. don't get me wrong i enjoyed it in the end and if they come again i will go see them. i know what to expect,so i'll take my chance. but this incident has left me a little sad. i could have been in belfast instead,where the memories would have been all possitive.

maybe the nights events are a bit easier for me,as i stayed in the hotel accross the road,so didn't have to deal with the transport problems that others did.if i had then i would say i would be a lot more pissed off and angry.so i can fully understand the other guys anger.some of these guys on here are huge fans and deserve better.

on a not so good note,my 8 year old has taken out his guns cd and replaced it with ac/dc. he got a bit of a fright when the first incident happened and it seems to have changed things for him at this point.hopefully its only temporary for him.

Edited by no1gooner