Catcher In The Rye, IRS and The Blues(street of dreams)

Riddick Bowe

Hey folks... When these song leaked into the Internet couple of years ago i thought these songs were great, and in fact they sounded like real Guns N Roses songs...I think they easily could fit in on the Illusion records..However, when the songs were realesed on the record they diddnt sound as good as the original demos.

Axl voice directly destroyd the blues. It just doesnt fit to the song. Sounded definetly best in Rio 2001...

On Catcher the song is badly mixed and Fincks solo isnt half as good as the original from Brian May.

For IRS the song somehow souns different, and i like the first demo alot better...

I have heard alot of people agrees with me on this, and i wonder what you guys think,,

Its is weird, that these songs had the old sound in the late 90s, and then Axl used almost 10 years to come off with a result that is weaker...

Edited by Riddick Bowe

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks... When these song leaked into the Internet couple of years ago i thought these songs were great, and in fact they sounded like real Guns N Roses songs...I think they easily could fit in on the Illusion records..However, when the songs were realesed on the record they diddnt sound as good as the original demos.

Axl voice directly destroyd the blues. It just doesnt fit to the song. Sounded definetly best in Rio 2001...

On Catcher the song is badly mixed and Fincks solo isnt half as good as the original from Brian May.

For IRS the song somehow souns different, and i like the first demo alot better...

I have heard alot of people agrees with me on this, and i wonder what you guys think,,

Its is weird, that these songs had the old sound in the late 90s, and then Axl used almost 10 years to come off with a result that is weaker...

No. The vocal track on the first demo is identical to the one on the album, besides the "whoas" in the outro.

No. The vocal track on the first demo is identical to the one on the album, besides the "whoas" in the outro.

pwned

pwned

I think the OP was referring to the live version vs the demo version...

i don't :)

Edited by henfjel

I don't see how anyone could like Bumble's solo more than Brian May's. IMO, Catcher is the only song that got worse from the demo to the album.

I'm a BIG Ron fan so his sound is more appealing to me than May. Plus his solo is more melodic than May's.

I don't see how anyone could like Bumble's solo more than Brian May's. IMO, Catcher is the only song that got worse from the demo to the album.

I'm a BIG Ron fan so his sound is more appealing to me than May. Plus his solo is more melodic than May's.

this!

that was the one thing that made me like rons more. may's solo was kinda boring.

BBF's solo is way better than May's solo

rons solo is fucking awesome. how is the may solo? haven't heard it

Here's a comparison of the two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtiU-JBzmAA&feature=embed

I love both solos. Ron's solo is amazing, but I like Brian's better. But again, I'm a very big Queen fan. Brian's solo sounds like a Queen solo, and over the last year I've realised that the final solo fits better in some way..

I love both solos. Ron's solo is amazing, but I like Brian's better. But again, I'm a very big Queen fan. Brian's solo sounds like a Queen solo, and over the last year I've realised that the final solo fits better in some way..

it somehow reminded me of bohemian rhapsody.

I don't think it reminds me of Bohemian, but it definitely sounds like Queen (which really isn't bad at all!!) :D

I agree with Scaramouche - I think the final solo fits the song (and album) better in some way..

I don't think it reminds me of Bohemian, but it definitely sounds like Queen (which really isn't bad at all!!) :D

I agree with Scaramouche - I think the final solo fits the song (and album) better in some way..

Like Bo Raph? Not at all :P But it's a typical solo Brian would write. (Actually Freddie wrote the Bo Raph solo, on the piano of course) It's like something Brian could've written for the Made In Heaven album I think.

Anyway.. I'm glad I learned to like the final version better for, this song is amazing.

I ment the Live version...anyway what about IRS, it sounded great as a demo on the album it was like...hmmm what happend here?

hmm.. I love the final version of IRS.

Like Bo Raph? Not at all :P But it's a typical solo Brian would write. (Actually Freddie wrote the Bo Raph solo, on the piano of course) It's like something Brian could've written for the Made In Heaven album I think.

Anyway.. I'm glad I learned to like the final version better for, this song is amazing.

I ment the Live version...anyway what about IRS, it sounded great as a demo on the album it was like...hmmm what happend here?

hmm.. I love the final version of IRS.

i didn't say it was similar to bohemian rhapsody, i said it reminded me (because it reminds me of queen which make me think bohemian rhapsody) :thumbsup:

the final version of irs is kickass. i love the first solo at 01.30, which was absent on the demo..

Edited by henfjel

Brians solo is better, it flows like a solo should.

CD solos sound like they have been chopped up and edited in a studio, making it really disjointed. Well, thats what the whole album sounds like imo.

There are good songs, but with better music and less tinkering they could have been great songs.

Brians solo is better, it flows like a solo should.

CD solos sound like they have been chopped up and edited in a studio, making it really disjointed. Well, thats what the whole album sounds like imo.

There are good songs, but with better music and less tinkering they could have been great songs.

wrong. you can't say that brians solo IS better. you cant say that about a solo because its not a fact that brian may's soloing is better than ron's soloing.

but you can say that in your opinion, you THINK brians solo is better and that you prefer it over rons :)

see what i mean?

Edited by henfjel