Pearl Jam

WhazUp

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

I think they're shit. Crap. Their lead singer is insufferable and they're a bunch of bandwagon jumpers and Eddie Vedder is a sycophantic turd that runs around sniffing the turds of Pete Townshend and Johnny Ramone, they're/were the imaginationless face of 'alternative music' in the early 90s, just shockingly bad...taking all the alternative elements out of alternative music when grunge was kicking off and basically bringing the ol' time crap back in a flannel shirts and torn levis guise trying to pass themselves off as people with talent.

But more than all of that they write shit tunes and they're boring. I don't mind band wagon jumpers if the musics good and it ain't.

I think they're shit. Crap. Their lead singer is insufferable and they're a bunch of bandwagon jumpers and Eddie Vedder is a sycophantic turd that runs around sniffing the turds of Pete Townshend and Johnny Ramone, they're/were the imaginationless face of 'alternative music' in the early 90s, just shockingly bad...taking all the alternative elements out of alternative music when grunge was kicking off and basically bringing the ol' time crap back in a flannel shirts and torn levis guise trying to pass themselves off as people with talent.

But more than all of that they write shit tunes and they're boring. I don't mind band wagon jumpers if the musics good and it ain't.

:huh::crazy::no::anger::book::lol::heart:

I just love when you go crazy on PJ!

Edited by Spoon87

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah? :lol: I just love you in general, motivelessly :wub: Actually i think we agreed on something once long ago and i thought 'yeah, this ones alright' :D

they're a bunch of bandwagon jumpers

:rofl-lol:

Oh please. Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard were both involved in Mother Love Bone which was a Grunge band in the 80's. Those two along with Mike McCready and Eddie Vedder (somewhat) were in Temple of the Dog. They released their debut in 1991 before there was anything worth bandwagoning in the Grunge scene. Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard were also in Green River in the mid-80's. It's idiotic to call them bandwagoners. Who were they bandwagoning? There weren't any successful Grunge acts before they released Ten. Nevermind came out a few months later.

Fuckin' love this band. Although I think everything up to and including Binaural is amazing, I haven't really been able to like their last three albums (well, the self-titled is pretty decent). They're absolutely amazing live, though, and Eddie sounds miles better on stage than in studio. I saw them on October 30th last year during the Spectrum run, and they just blew me away by the way they commanded the stage, and the wealth of songs they have to play. I'm still hoping they'll put out another album at least on par with Binaural, but if they don't, at least they still put on a great show.

Oh please. Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard were both involved in Mother Love Bone which was a Grunge band in the 80's. Those two along with Mike McCready and Eddie Vedder (somewhat) were in Temple of the Dog. They released their debut in 1991 before there was anything worth bandwagoning in the Grunge scene. Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard were also in Green River in the mid-80's. It's idiotic to call them bandwagoners. Who were they bandwagoning? There weren't any successful Grunge acts before they released Ten. Nevermind came out a few months later.

Well said LB.

Hit the nail on the head

sugarraylen obviously knows nothing about grunge history

Mother Love Bone wasn't really grunge , and Temple of the Dog was tribute for Andy Wood album , but anyway Vedder is a poser, I hate how he plays guitar what for ? He has two great guitar players but is usually playing leads as well

More like "picks up the guitar because he has fun kicking some rhythm during a couple of songs".

Guest Len B'stard
Oh please. Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard were both involved in Mother Love Bone which was a Grunge band in the 80's.

Mother Love Bone weren't grunge and can't possibly be considered so.

Those two along with Mike McCready and Eddie Vedder (somewhat) were in Temple of the Dog. They released their debut in 1991 before there was anything worth bandwagoning in the Grunge scene. Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard were also in Green River in the mid-80's. It's idiotic to call them bandwagoners. Who were they bandwagoning? There weren't any successful Grunge acts before they released Ten. Nevermind came out a few months later. So what if they were in Green River, they could be in fuckin whatever they like the point is they're a fuckin band that turned up right on the cusp of this movement going big with a pallettable easy to swallow version of grunge for the mainstream, basically a classic rock band dressed up in flannel shirts and torn denim, everybody on the fuckin planet knows this, they're insulting.

What you are saying is so outwardly ridiculous, you're saying they can't be bandwagon jumpers cuz they were in bands before grunge started, lemme give you a little hint, its usually people who had their day beforehand or who turn up after the fact that are bandwagon jumpers sir. Like The Stranglers were to punk. Are you saying they can't be fuckin bandwagon jumpers cuz they were there playing in pubs in England before punk came about?

sugarraylen obviously knows nothing about grunge history

Sugaraylen doesn't give a fuck about grunge history, Sugaraylen doesn't give a fuck about grunge period cuz it's a load of fuckin shit anyway but nothing about that makes Eddie Vedder a good singer or Pearl Jam a good band cuz they're not, they never will be. Pearl Jam are a fuckin embarassment. These bands come along with every fuckin movement ever, shitty bands that fit a fuckin identikit model of what grungers or punkers or rockers or mods or whatever should be like, you should be insulted, this is how much respect record companies have for you. And you can throw Alice in fuckin Chains in on this too cuz they're fuckin shit too.

Edited by sugaraylen

I've seen Eddie Vedder playing leads - for example "Rearviewmirror" and as there aren't many guitars in that song other guitarists were standing doing nothing. For me it is being poser. Anyway a like PJ a lot hate their political stuff because how multi-millionaires living in mansions know a shit about reality of outside world ? It is called hypocrisy. Ok I understand that U2 have political songs but they have seen their sisters and brothers killed on the streets, they know what poverty, war, social problems etc.

And BTW Alice in Chains is fuckin' great band , the best that came from that times. But whole term "grunge" is stupid as those bands weren't similar at all

Nirvana - Punk Rock

Pear Jam - Hard Rock

Soundgarden - Hard Rock/Metal

Alice in Chains - Metal

they do not share almost any artistic similarities