What GNR really needs!!!

inthisriver

I dont know why rock bands need more then 1 guitar for albums, we got multitrax for a reason. Live they can hire another hottie like DJ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What does anyone's looks have to do with music?

You'd have to become a girl to understand it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why rock bands need more then 1 guitar for albums, we got multitrax for a reason. Live they can hire another hottie like DJ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rock1 rock1 rock1

Because each guitarist can bring something unique to the table. Look at Appetite, when it was recorded, multitracking was around but would you really get rid of Slash or Izzy? No. their contributions to the album were essential, that's what being a band is all about, everyone chipping in which is why Chinese Democracy was also very much a band effort, written and recorded by the people in the band, not like a NIN album where it's recorded by one guy and then toured by a collective of different musicians.

As for the next album I think it is going to be the same. I think there will be alot of Bucket and Robin. And rightfully so. Ron and DJ might take over some solos, but for the most part I think they will just play some rhythm parts.

from my point of view it's a wrong point.

It would be humiliation for DJ and BBF, and they would leave the band immediately

Its your opinion and I respect it, but why would it be a humiliation for DJ and Ron? Ron totally respects Bucket's parts on CD and didnt have a problem just doing some extra guitar parts. I dont think they would leave Guns. Ron didnt and he had plenty of time to redo Buckets parts.

I like the 3 guitarist idea. Each man can bring something to the table and showcase their talents. They can also switch off between solo's. If one person can't do one part, another person does it. DJ and Fortus are more of raw guitarist's while Bumblefoot is a more technical guitarist. They all have things that make them unigue.

And I don't care if it takes if it takes three guitarist to cover Slash's parts. They all add their own feel into their solo covers. Even when Finck was sloppy, he did it his own way. I like all every guitarist in GN'R, I don't care what people say. They all own style and feel. I was never really able to appreciate Buckethead, and his contributions to GN'R, but I can't really take him seriously, his guitar playing is good, but his gimmick and appearance was more a joke than anything.

As for the next album I think it is going to be the same. I think there will be alot of Bucket and Robin. And rightfully so. Ron and DJ might take over some solos, but for the most part I think they will just play some rhythm parts.

It would be humiliation for DJ and BBF, and they would leave the band immediately

Its your opinion and I respect it, but why would it be a humiliation for DJ and Ron? Ron totally respects Bucket's parts on CD and didnt have a problem just doing some extra guitar parts. I dont think they would leave Guns. Ron didnt and he had plenty of time to redo Buckets parts.

How do you imagine it? The guys would be told "sorry, guys, you are not good enough that i allowed you to make a record"?

Edited by Classic_Rock

Guest gunns5

How do you imagine it? The guys would be told "sorry, guys, you are not good enough that i allowed you to make a record"?

For all we know that record has already been made, and that the guitarists in there now are going to add little bits here.

Yes there might be a few 'new '' songs that Ron or even perhaps DJ have had a hand in writing, but probably 90% of the songs for CD2 were already chosen for that album when they decided the tracklist for Chinese.

Anyway, the situation is no different then when they released Chinese Democracy, and Ron was happy with that. He added his solos/rhythm to the songs and hes still in the band 2 years later, so I dont see what all the melodramatic attitude is all about...

Yes, but it doesn't make it any less pathetic. I'm sure as serious musician's, these artists feel the same way and outside of getting pussy after shows, can't stand it. I'd tell these "girls" that they need to go buy a Teen Bop magazine and idolize someone else because they're in the wrong genre.

For perspective? :question:

I'm strongly with the unusual lineup of 3 gtrs and 2 keyboards. Allows them to recreate the songs better onstage and gives the overall sound more depth. Wall of guitars FTW

For all we know that record has already been made, and that the guitarists in there now are going to add little bits here.

Yes there might be a few 'new '' songs that Ron or even perhaps DJ have had a hand in writing, but probably 90% of the songs for CD2 were already chosen for that album when they decided the tracklist for Chinese.

Anyway, the situation is no different then when they released Chinese Democracy, and Ron was happy with that. He added his solos/rhythm to the songs and hes still in the band 2 years later, so I dont see what all the melodramatic attitude is all about...

My point exactly!

Who are you to tell me who I can like or not? You trippin, you come around here I'd smack you so hard you'd be walking funny for a week :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

Next time you feel the need to physically threaten me, step back from the PC, take a deep breath, pop a Midol and relax. It's just the internet and a bunch of useless opinions from random strangers for whom you'll never ever meet.

Edited by Nintari

Who are you to tell me who I can like or not? You trippin, you come around here I'd smack you so hard you'd be walking funny for a week :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

Next time you feel the need to physically threaten me, step back from the PC, take a deep breath, pop a Midol and relax. It's just the internet and a bunch of useless opinions from random strangers for whom you'll never ever meet.

:thumbsup:

Yeah well if its just the internet why you gotta reply like that?? :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

Yeah well if its just the internet why you gotta reply like that?? :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

So what was the name of your first user name here?

• 3 weeks later...

The same could well be said of you, cupcake

What they need is a new album - soon (for real).

A ton of fans are step by step losing interest as the Chinese Democracy thing goes on and on and on and on ... and on. We've balled around with it for 9 years now (starting to count from the year we first heard most of the album and got the first Chinese Democracy tour) - it's time to bring something new and please no new members again...and again...and again. So just more of that great quality music that only Axl is able to deliver. Thanks.

Edit: Oh year and for the record making, dump all the other guitar players and just bring back Buckethead and Tobias - all ya need. Use the current ones as touring "furniture".

Edited by Teroz