How to get your boyfriend to like gnr?

Ebony

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

92 Tokio concert :thumbsup:

once i showed it to a guy who wasn't in guns and he was blown away completely!

Is there a youtube link to this somewhere? I think I saw this concert before, does slash play the godfather theme in it? rock1

92 Tokio concert :thumbsup:

once i showed it to a guy who wasn't in guns and he was blown away completely!

Is there a youtube link to this somewhere? I think I saw this concert before, does slash play the godfather theme in it? rock1

yes he does :)

i' m not sure about youtube, maybe there are some separate songs

i bought my DVD

Edited by Classic_Rock

One in a Million Ebony dear, One in a Million ;)

Problem solved I love Gnr and I am single!!!!!!! lol

I dont know kinda hard to get somone to like Gnr if they are not into them..... What does he listen too currently that could give everyone more ideas to show what type of music he likes and if anything axl has done in cconcert or anything is similar in style or sound to what he likes...

Axl's voice really is an acquired taste. When I got into GNR 20 or so years ago I remember I wasn't a huge fan of his voice at the very beginning (though now it's the main reason why I'm such a GNR diehard fan). In that sense, my recommendation would be songs that aren't so heavy on the Axl screech.

Covers (Live and Let Die, Knockin' on Heaven's Door) are a good place to start so he's at least familiar with the material. Then I'd branch off with some of GNR's catchier songs like Paradise City, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child O' Mine. If he's not adverse to softer soft you could throw songs like Patience, Don't Cry and November Rain at him.

Don't start him off at GNR's deeper tracks (Coma, Locomotive, Estranged). While great, I don't think they're songs that are easily accessible for new fans.

If none of that works, then I agree with the posters above: associate sex with GNR. Create a pavlovian relationship, though be prepare to put out every time GNR comes on the radio (and avoid football games :P)

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy