RUSH: Beyond the Lighted Stage

Zint

I just finished watching the blu-ray version of the new Rush documentary.

I didn't get the opportunity to see it during the exclusive theatre screenings,so I was really looking forward to it.

Wow...it's really really good!

I was fascinated from beginning to end,it's well done.It was created by the same guys who did "Metal:A Headbanger's Journey" and "Iron Maiden: Flight 666" and the cool thing about that is...these guys are major fans,so it was done as a passionate labour of love.

Geddy actually let these guys rummage through boxes in his basement and they just dug out a motherlode of never before seen photos etc.

Their story,the struggles and everything they achieved and the underlying theme of how they did it all their way,without failing to compromise themselves as musicians or human beings is quite impressive.It's very cool to hear from fellow musicians such as Billy Corgan,Les Claypool,Trent Reznor,Kirk Hammett etc. who completely understood (and still do) what Rush is all about.The band themselves have said that the most humbling aspect of being involved in this project was the praise of their fellow musicians.It doesn't get any cooler than that.

There's a lot of footage I've never seen before...check out the b+w footage from the 2112 era.See that footage??...that's exactly what my first Rush gig was like in '76...powerful powerful shit!That really brought a milllion memories flooding back.

And the bonus footage!!....oooooh shit!

Colour footage of the band playing live in a St. Catherines High School...with John Rutsey on drums!

Fairly intact decent footage (filmed for a Canadian tv show).

That was just the coolest fucking shit...just the best perk I could have asked for.

Fans of the band...this is a must own! :shades:

rushy.jpg

Saw it in theaters. Hate to say it, but as far as the actual documentaries go, Beyond The Lighted Stage absolutely shat all over Flight 666 (Had way too much concert footage, when the 2nd disc was the exact same concert footage, but it's still superior for me as I'm in a shot in it B) ). Loved every second of it, especially the stuff about the early days. There's some incredible footage in there, like Alex's family argument about him dropping out of school, etc.

I've seen a 2112 era BW show before, I wonder if it's the same footage.

They were on fire that night.

I know the footage you're thinking of, and yes, I believe it's from the same show.

I've never seen that footage before!

I'm blown away!

I'll be actively seeking that..

There's some incredible footage in there, like Alex's family argument about him dropping out of school, etc.

Yeah that was crazy!

Who films a family argument??

..cool to see though

That part confused me so much. I feel like as soon as things began to get heated they would be asked to turn the camera off.

I pre-ordered this a few weeks ago and watched it yesterday. I really enjoyed it and it made me love Rush even more. I was so glad to see footage with Rutsey performing with them because I enjoy his work on their debut album.

It's impossible to pick out a single highlight from the DVD but 'Dinner with Rush' is one of the funniest things I have seen.

I pre-ordered this a few weeks ago and watched it yesterday. I really enjoyed it and it made me love Rush even more. I was so glad to see footage with Rutsey performing with them because I enjoy his work on their debut album.

It's impossible to pick out a single highlight from the DVD but 'Dinner with Rush' is one of the funniest things I have seen.

This.

I've seen a 2112 era BW show before, I wonder if it's the same footage.

They were on fire that night.

I know the footage you're thinking of, and yes, I believe it's from the same show.

I've never seen that footage before!

I'm blown away!

I'll be actively seeking that..

I THINK I have that show lying around here...somewhere. If I come across it I'll certainly hook you up :thumbsup:

I THINK I have that show lying around here...somewhere. If I come across it I'll certainly hook you up :thumbsup:

nice!...thanks :)

:lol: no kidding!

They're funny enough as it is,let alone drunk and funny!

..amusing as hell to watch

They played the first show of their Time Machine tour the other night. Here's the setlist;

The Spirit of Radio

Time Stand Still

Presto

Stick It Out

Workin' Them Angels

Leave That Thing Alone

Faithless

BU2B

Freewill

Marathon

Subdivisions

Intermission

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight

The Camera Eye

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

Caravan

Drum Solo (Love 4 Sale)

Alex Lifeson Solo leading into...

Closer to the Heart

2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx

Far Cry

Encore

La Villa Strangiato

Working Man

Could you edit the last post to have spoiler brackets for the setlist please?. Some of us are trying to avoid spoilers. Luckily, my brain only registered

Subdivisions
before I knew what it was, and that song is a give in. Thanks. Edited by Powerage5