Happy Birthday AFD!

ppruks

I listened to it a few months back for the first time in...years. What amazes me most about it is the fact that every fucking song is almost flawless. There's not a bad note on the thing. It's truly one of the greatest hard rock albums ever. Maybe even the greatest. You sure as hell could argue it.

The thing I like the most about my birthday is the fact that is also AFD birthday :lol:

Happy Birthday AFD!

Happy Birthday to both of you!!!

Here's to many more years to come of rocking out to one of the greatest albums ever...Appetite For Destruction.

I listened to it a few months back for the first time in...years. What amazes me most about it is the fact that every fucking song is almost flawless. There's not a bad note on the thing. It's truly one of the greatest hard rock albums ever. Maybe even the greatest. You sure as hell could argue it.

"Out Ta Get Me" and "Anything Goes" are far from flawless.

The thing I like the most about my birthday is the fact that is also AFD birthday :lol:

Happy Birthday AFD!

Happy Birthday to both of you!!!

Here's to many more years to come of rocking out to one of the greatest albums ever...Appetite For Destruction.

Haha, thanks. I have spent many of my birthdays watching GNR's and AFD's specials in TV, it was cool. One of the greatest albums ever no doubt. :thumbsup:

All of them were 25 or under, and I still marvel at just how young they were to make such an iconic album. Slash and Steven were only 20 years old when they joined the band, and Slash hadn't even turned 22 yet when Appetite came out.

You do wonder if some of the problems the guys had down the line were in some way related to the fact that their career peaked you could say at an age most kids are just getting out of college.

They've all had success since then, but I have thought to myself before like if you were them, where do you really go from there when on your first try you write what is considered by some to be the greatest rock album of all time?

I posted a short thing about happy birthday to the album. Would have been longer, but there is a limited amount of stuff you can write on a status. Sadly only a few of my friends appreciated the post, while others tried saying artist like the Ying Yang twins are better. lol I had them post the best rap songs and I posted GNR's worst songs and they were still better.

All of them were 25 or under, and I still marvel at just how young they were to make such an iconic album. Slash and Steven were only 20 years old when they joined the band, and Slash hadn't even turned 22 yet when Appetite came out.

You do wonder if some of the problems the guys had down the line were in some way related to the fact that their career peaked you could say at an age most kids are just getting out of college.

They've all had success since then, but I have thought to myself before like if you were them, where do you really go from there when on your first try you write what is considered by some to be the greatest rock album of all time?

Excellent post. I think this sums it up. I think none of those guys actually got more than a high school education and they stumbled on amazing, crazy success.

They all handled it differently because each of them were totally different characters. No one right or wrong just different.

Axl and Slash went for longevity and a legacy with amazing results, Duff survived it and kept making great music who seems the most grounded out of em all, Izzy did what he needed to do and Steven, sadly struggled but god bless him seems to have some focus now (fuck you to anyone who mocks him for mentioning Appetite you know you would if youd been on that album.)

Happy Birthday to the greatest rock album ever made and god bless each and every misfit that made it.

Elaborate.

Elaborate.

What would have made them songs better?

Elaborate.

Nothing?

Elaborate.

You.

Elaborate.

You.

Your mum

Elaborate.

Being replaced by other songs or being omitted from the album entirely.

Elaborate.

Ah I see its down to personal preference. OK lets pick apart Revolver, I dont particularly like Taxman but its on there and its part of the album, just live with it and realise that the album wasnt made specifically for you.

Elaborate.

Ah I see its down to personal preference. OK lets pick apart Revolver, I dont particularly like Taxman but its on there and its part of the album, just live with it and realise that the album wasnt made specifically for you.

Lol, I know this, I just don't like the songs. The dude told me to elaborate on my opinion, so I decided to in a not-so-serious way.

Lol, I know this, I just don't like the songs. The dude told me to elaborate on my opinion, so I decided to be a douche because I really CAN'T elaborate. I'm just here to piss people off because I have no self esteem in the real world and it makes me feel like big man.

Fixed

Edited by Nintari

Lol, I know this, I just don't like the songs. The dude told me to elaborate on my opinion, so I decided to be a douche because I really CAN'T elaborate. I'm just here to piss people off because I have no self esteem in the real world and it makes me feel like big man.

Fixed

Lol. I'm sorry I don't suck the cock of every song the old band ever recorded you douchebag.

Fixed

Lol. I'm sorry I don't suck the cock of every song the old band ever recorded you douchebag.

Totally.

Anything Goes is wank and should have been left off for Crash Diet.

Your Crazy also does nothing for me on the album and I prefer the Lies version more.

You are saying LB can't elaborate on why he doesn't like the songs, go on elaborate on why they are so "near flawless" that they should be on the album.