LOL!! Soulja Boy does it again!! It's funny everyone thinks this dude has no talent..but he keeps proving us wrong!!

SunnyDRE

So you don't talk to them about music, make 'em your girlfriends, then show them good music. I've seen this work.

What like One in A Million?

I'm just messing with you.

I don't expect alot of people on a Rock N Roll board to like this song or rap/hip hop, and I do think there might be a little resentment at times on this board, because of what is the popular form of music now; but that said some you are delusional if you think all hip hop, even what is being played on the radio is crap.

Just cause the masses like, doesn't mean its bad.

Music doesn't have to "belong to you" to be good. Good music can be liked millions and you.

Well it'd be nice if you'd at least post good rap. This is literally just Soulja Boy going "MY PRETTY BOY SWAG" for 3 minutes. It doesn't even have something resembling a hook. Try harder.

Just cause the masses like, doesn't mean its bad.

Music doesn't have to "belong to you" to be good. Good music can be liked millions and you.

I don't think this would be a problem on a Gn'R board, as they're about as mainstream as it gets. I just doubt that serious rock fans are interested in "disposable" music, songs that are pumped out by the industry to make money and get club play. It's why when rock fans do listen to hip-hop they tend to gravitate more towards the more introspective/conscious side of the genre. Just my theory.

Edit: On the reverse side, from what I've noticed, the girls (or anybody) that you talk about who love this stuff... If they do listen to rock also, it seems to be on the same level as the rap they like. Emo bands, post-grunge, hair metal, etc.

Edited by SpUd_Jr

This song is gonna be a hit at high school homecoming dances this fall, also in shitty 18 and over clubs....

Hence, this song sucks, and i really can't stomach it. Sadly most of america likely will, but those are probably the same people that have 3 big macs a day so whatevs...

You're generalizing to much.

I go out at least once a week, in a town with a night life that is only beaten by maybe Vegas, Miami, or LA...and this song is getting played in clubs that cater to a mature crowd.

I likely am, and you are right about that...

I live in SF where the scene at clubs and bars alike is very different from other places i've partied (LA, Vegas, etc.), i'm not saying SF's nightlife is more rad than other places, its just different. I know an hour outside of SF this song is probably getting played like crazy in the "mature" crowd,...

Ha.

I don't mind all the hate....at least you guys are being honest. Where I live (Daytona Beach/Orlando area) it's pretty hot though.

So I'm little surprised by all the hate. I wonder if people didn't knew that it was "Soulja Boy" singing the song, would they have a different opinion.

Maybe? Maybe not?

I do know that sometimes it takes awhile for music from down south to catch on in other parts of the country....so don't be surprised, if a month from now, your local radio station is bumping this every hour on the hour.

I hate it even more knowing its Soullja Boy singing :D

This shit is everything that's wrong with music

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

She's got nice titties and a fat ass booty.

Well it'd be nice if you'd at least post good rap. This is literally just Soulja Boy going "MY PRETTY BOY SWAG" for 3 minutes. It doesn't even have something resembling a hook. Try harder.

x2

Sunny, you aren't a disciple of rap sent to teach us 'rock folk', you utter moron.

She's got nice titties and a fat ass booty.

Sunny, you aren't a disciple of rap sent to teach us 'rock folk', you utter moron.

Never said I was.

There was a song I like, so I made a thread *shrugs*; As far as I can tell thats what people do in this section.

If you think I'm moron, why bother even clicking on the thread?

Hottest song on radio right now...

I listen to at least 3 hours worth of output from Radio 1, Britain's biggest radio station, a day, and have never heard the song, nor have I heard any reference to it. I regularly read the charts, read single/album reviews online and in magazines, and frequent 'up-and-coming' pages. I've never once heard of it.

Hottest song on radio right now...

I listen to at least 3 hours worth of output from Radio 1, Britain's biggest radio station, a day, and have never heard the song, nor have I heard any reference to it. I regularly read the charts, read single/album reviews online and in magazines, and frequent 'up-and-coming' pages. I've never once heard of it.

It's only been out a couple of weeks. Last week it was #51 on the Billboard Charts, this week its #39. It's also #6 on the R&B Charts.

But like I said previously, sometimes it takes a minute for songs that are hot in the South to spread.....

I'm sure in a week or two you will probably have heard so much that you can't stand it.

:lol: sunny you are such a cupcake its almost sad

Umm ok...

I don't see how me making a topic about something I enjoy is trolling.

I think that word is just thrown out there, when people really don't have anything to say. **shrugs**

Umm ok...

I think that word is just thrown out there, when people really don't have anything to say. **shrugs**

I just honestly can't believe you or anybody actually enjoys that shitty music, and the lyrics... I like to think I'm pretty open minded, but I can't wrap my head around whats so great about Soulja Boy to save my life. I can't relate to being a pretty boy metrosexual and I don't really think its all that cool... and if that boring background music is supposed to keep me interested...

Look, I'm by no means one of those people who hates all rap, hip hop, and r&b, but I can't fucking stand Soulja Boy, its just literally bad music in every sense

I also can't believe you made another thread about Soulja Boy in My World, probably like the 5th one, and expected anything other than the negative posts you get in these threads all the time. Seriously... I love how you started off the thread with "dont hate". What did you expect?

SunnyDRE: dont hate ;)

*soulja boy video*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GetOffAxlsBack: cool song

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Sabbath: yeah he always comes around and proves the haters wrong

Marky: OMG i love Soulja Boy

moreblack: he gets hotter with every track

etc.

There's no way you thought the thread would go anything like that in a million years, which is why you posted it for the sake of arguing. This is a common practice on the internet called trolling, you're well known for it around here

carry on with the great Soulja Boy discussion, i wonder how long we'll be talking about this hotter than the sun track!

Umm ok...

I just honestly can't believe you or anybody actually enjoys that shitty music, and the lyrics... I like to think I'm pretty open minded, but I can't wrap my head around whats so great about Soulja Boy to save my life. I can't relate to being a pretty boy metrosexual and I don't really think its all that cool... and if that boring background music is supposed to keep me interested...

Dude got out of your own head. Or you element... travel... Go out on the town....The best thing about traveling and visit other parts of the country is you realize you don't know everything - Colin Cowherd.

Down South this type of rap/hip hop is what's popular. This is what people listen to in the bars in the clubs etc. What we think it is cool.

Sorry if it's to dumb for you.

There's no way you thought the thread would go anything like that in a million years, which is why you posted it for the sake of arguing.

No. The only thing I thought when I posted this topic was, "hey this is a hot song that I like,and I wonder what those people on this board I post on think of it."

That's it.

There's no rhyme or reason to this.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Down South this type of rap/hip hop is what's popular. This is what people listen to in the bars in the clubs etc. What we think it is cool.

Sorry if it's to dumb for you.

People listen to that crap up here too, its basic college party music, it isn't like I'm not familiar with it. I've heard GET UP OUTTA BEEEEEEEED I GOT MY SWAG ONNNNN YEEEEAHHHH GET MONEY... thousands of times, this isn't some strange alien music to me, I just think it sucks. Though I risk sounding like an insecure arrogant elitist asshole, I'm gunna talk all the shit I want about this horrible uncreative mockery of my favorite art form. Do you also enjoy Justin Beiber?

Guest Apollo

Did you really just quote Colin Coherd? He has to be the worst sports guy in America. Absolute worst. Not only that, but I read something awhile back that said he used to steal stories from other reporters or news sources and act like he "broke" the news.

He is my least favorite sports talk show guy right now.

As for the song.

I've only heard two soulja boy songs. And in both songs, one of the main lyrics are......."soulja boy"........ does he do this in every song he puts out? Self-promotion in your own song, that's pretty screwed up. "OK, so if you say your name at least 25 times in every song, it will be engrained into listener's heads."

• 1 month later...

I go out at least once a week, in a town with a night life that is only beaten by maybe Vegas, Miami, or LA...and this song is getting played in clubs that cater to a mature crowd.

I'm often out clubbing 3 nights a week (usually at least one), so probably a similar amount to you - and we call this music "cheese". It gets played at the clubs that the underage kids and the little 18 year old sluts go.

I don't enjoy it, I don't think he's musically talented, but he's crafted an image that sells records and obviously a lot of people like, so good on him. I think saying that this music caters to a mature crowd is a bit of a stretch though... If the mature clubs here played that, they'd lose rep.

I'll probably end up dancing to it somewhere anyway.