Azoff giving Axl props on Twitter

Fun n' Games

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obviously neither a fake account, nor is it sarcasm (there would be some sort of "punch line/ punch remark" missing).

how do you know its not fake? why write something like that about a person that screwed up your plans, AND are sewing you?

its not only fun n' games, you know ;)

there's your punchline :D

Edited by henfjel

Azoff on Twitter; "Axl is a Genius"

GNR Fans on Message Board' "It must be a fake account!!!"

There is a Farside cartoon here somewhere.

Lol no shit. It is not what you would expect him to say , which is why I believe he did it.

Maybe he admires the fact that Axl had the balls to challenge him in court, and the whole genius thing was about the fine line between genius and insanity, which Axl is standing on with one foot on insanity with this case.

Edited by chevelle

I just saw that he's following Kim Kardashian and John Mayer. But what drew my attention was what he posted about Don Henley's court case, now if you do parodies that's fine, but if it's satire, they can go after you. Which means Weird Al's safe.

It's his real account and he's being sarcastic. Just read his follow-up comment saying that there should be more people like him in the music biz. He's taking the piss - mind you this is the same guy who addressed Axl by his birth name in legal documents just to piss him off, knowing full well how much it would offend him.

Edited by Estranged Reality

It's his real account and he's being sarcastic. Just read his follow-up comment saying that there should be more people like him in the music biz. He's taking the piss - mind you this is the same guy who addressed Axl by his birth name in legal documents just to piss him off, knowing full well how much it would offend him.

I read it as talking about gazillionaire and the equally obnoxious Marc Cuban, Cuban replied to the comment. Sort of a mutual admiration society between them like Trump,Gene Simmons and Cowell in the same room complimenting themselves and each other.

Azoff gets sued and sues every day. He doesn't see the GNR lawsuit as any big deal in his world, just want what he feels his company's due. Nothing personal,

I think he made a huge mistake getting back into managing artists beyond the Eagles, but I think he was seen as this miracle worker (which started with turning MCA around) when the Eagles and Steely Dan got back together, and had been working on Van Halen with Roth and Ed for almost a decade. Axl should've talked to Don Henley in depth about Azoff, because he would've told him what was in store. Don's known the guy since the beginning of the Eagles. But what he's also good at is getting band members kicked out of their bands. He deep sixed Don Felder and Mike Anthony and sent them on their way after years with Eagles and VH.

It's obviously neither a fake account, nor is it sarcasm (there would be some sort of "punch line/ punch remark" missing).

how do you know its not fake? why write something like that about a person that screwed up your plans, AND are sewing you?

its not only fun n' games, you know ;)

there's your punchline :D

Man, that must hurt to get sewed. I wonder what kind of needle Axl likes to use... straight pin or hooked?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sewing

Lol no shit. It is not what you would expect him to say , which is why I believe he did it.

I wouldnt read too much into this; Slash has been calling Axl a genius for years and has been very complientary recently during interviews I've seen when he's been asked about him;

but that wouldn't stop Slash from suing him in a NY minute if the situation called for it

business is business and money is money, respect for one's artistic and musical ability is a completely different animal

I wouldnt read too much into this; Slash has been calling Axl a genius for years and has been very complientary recently during interviews I've seen when he's been asked about him;

but that wouldn't stop Slash from suing him in a NY minute if the situation called for it

business is business and money is money, respect for one's artistic and musical ability is a completely different animal

I agree, business is business. Like a previous poster mentioned, it doesn't sound like sarcasm - there's no punchline.

Just a little bit of much needed love! :wub:

The follow-up twitter is to and about that Mcuban guy. What's funny (sarcastic) about calling Axl a genius? He is the definition of a genius.

I read it as talking about gazillionaire and the equally obnoxious Marc Cuban, Cuban replied to the comment. Sort of a mutual admiration society between them like Trump,Gene Simmons and Cowell in the same room complimenting themselves and each other.

Azoff gets sued and sues every day. He doesn't see the GNR lawsuit as any big deal in his world, just want what he feels his company's due. Nothing personal,

Exactly!

Just because he was trying to squeeze money out of Axl and now tries to sue the shit out of him, doesn't mean he can't hold the artist in high regards. Nothing personal. Azoff's a high level professional, this petty stuff doesn't make him cry at night.