Rock n Rev Founder: Delay in start not Axl's fault, he was ready at 11:30!

Cockaroachsoup80

Faldor just posted this at another forum:

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/923cb38c-a8e9-11df-b578-001cc4c03286.html

Rock 'N Rev official blames equipment for concert delay

Axl Rose was not to blame for Guns N’ Roses late start at the Rock ‘N Rev festival Friday night, according to Dan Catullo, a festival founder.

It was a technical glitch that took longer than expected to fix, he said Sunday.

The Rock ‘N Rev’s 30-camera video crew was busy working on its equipment after Alice In Chains left the stage, Catullo said.

As a result, Guns N’ Roses did not start until about 12:50 a.m. Saturday, even though they were scheduled to play around 11:30 p.m.

The late start upset some of those at the concert who threw beer bottles and cans at the stage while waiting. By the time the band took the stage, some members of the crowd had left the Rock ‘N Rev amphitheater at Monkey Rock USA near Sturgis.

Many assumed it was the fault of Axl Rose, who is known for showing up late or not at all. Catullo said that was an erroneous assumption in this case.

I just don’t like people becoming a fall guy or getting blamed for things when it’s not their fault,” he said. “I thought I needed to clear the air.”

Catullo said Rose was ready to take the stage by 11:30 p.m.

“I feel bad. He was the most insanely professional gentleman that I ever met,” said Catullo, who spent about 30 minutes with Rose after the performance. “He came and did his job exactly as contracted.”

The technical breakdown came when Guns ‘N Roses opted to use its own sound equipment instead of the consoles provided by the festival, which the video crew was using for communications and to direct a video for a DVD of the festival, Catullo said.

On Friday afternoon, the crew realized this would be a problem, but they couldn’t correct it without affecting other bands, so they waited until after 11 p.m., when Alice In Chains left the stage, Catullo said.

No announcement, however, was ever made to the crowd explaining the delay.

Festival spokesman Randy Alexander apologized Sunday for not informing the crowd about the technical problems.

“It took longer than expected,” he said.

Catullo said they believed the problem would be resolved at any moment, and as a result, it never occurred to them to inform the crowd, especially since no specific time was set for Guns ‘N Roses to take the stage.

“It’s not like the place had a curfew that it closed at a certain time,” Catullo said.

Contact Holly Meyer at 394-8421 or holly.meyer@rapidcityjournal.com.

If true, then that at the very least lays to rest the rumours that Bumblefoot was pissed at Axl throughout the whole show on account of the fact that Axl started the show so late. If he was indeed angry at Axl, it was for some unrelated reason.

This guy is just kissing Axl's ass because he is trying to get him to agree to be on the live DVD he wants to release. He probably thinks Axl might throw him a bone if he comes out and defends him over the wait.

C'mon, gimme a break. This guy sounds like Gunsguy sucking dick to get backstage passes. He's been saying he wants to be able to use the footage from this show for a DVD and promotion... of course he's going to say whatever it takes to make that happen.

I am not an Axl defender by any means but someone brought up a good point in that if Axl did not want to use the existing SB, and asked that his equipment be installed and this did not hapen until AIC left the stage, then maybe the delay was not his fault. It is possible he wanted to use his equipment because the promoter was filming and the sound was through his board and Axl would not agree to let him film the NuGnR show for release.. Seems reasonable to me that Axl would not want the Sturgis show released as he is very anal about his sound and did not want to take any chances since he had no control over the filming...

As far a BBF pointing to his watch he could have been saying it was not there fault................

If anything the promoter should have let the crowd know there would be a delay if the equipment swap story is true..........

I think I give Axl a pass on this one

I believe the bolded part is a likely reason for why Axl did not want to use the existing sound equipment. IF that is the case, then no amount of ass-kissing after the fact by the festival organizer would change Axl's decision to allow GN'R to be included on the DVD of the festival. So, in other words, there is no motivation for the festival organizer to lie since the GN'R-being-on-the-festival-DVD ship had already sailed.

Ali

C'mon, gimme a break. This guy sounds like Gunsguy sucking dick to get backstage passes. He's been saying he wants to be able to use the footage from this show for a DVD and promotion... of course he's going to say whatever it takes to make that happen.

Look Fuckhead, just because you have to suck dick to

get backstage, Doesn't mean GunsGuy or anyone else does,What gigs have you been going to lately? Justin Bieber or Adam Lambert, Maybe Adler? Your comment was over the line :fuckyou:

Look Fuckhead, just because you have to suck dick to

get backstage, Doesn't mean GunsGuy or anyone else does,What gigs have you been going to lately? Justin Bieber or Adam Lambert, Maybe Adler? Your comment was over the line :fuckyou:

Are you gunsguy's girlfriend? That dude would lick Axl's asshole if given the opportunity. I lol'd at the sucking dick comment but I think he would go south as well. :thumbsup:

Of course. The guy isn't just telling the truth, there has to be a gigantic conspiracy with Axl to blame at the bottom of it... :rolleyes: It amazes me the authority with which some people speak on events they weren't present for and have absolutely no idea what actually happened at.

I'm willing to believe this.

ok this ones just funny .. axl late for every show for just bout his entire career , but this time its not his fault :rofl-lol:

And he was "insanely professional" in dealing with the delay. I love that way of describing Axl..

Axl 1 Haters 0

See now im not a rock star, nor am i a rock stars manager or personal confidant but i would as a rational human being with a small degree of common sense have thought that all the technical stuff would be handled long before, like oh i don't know during the negotiations for the booking of a band.Its not like GnR have had many issues over technical equipment and " glitches " is it?! :rofl-lol: