Official Reading thread

GNR 1991

BBC Three Schedule is:

21:00 - 22:00 is Mumford & Sons @ Reading

22:00 - 22:30 is Eastenders

22:30 - 00.05 is Reading Festival live

What do people think, is it going to be live Guns N Roses from 10.30 or a highlights package where they put a song on, have a chat with a guest, another GNR song...

I am not expecting very much - I am only expecting about 5 songs at the most.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC Three Schedule is:

What do people think, is it going to be live Guns N Roses from 10.30 or a highlights package where they put a song on, have a chat with a guest, another GNR song...

Sounds about right. But sure it's better than a kick in the arse. Hopefully 5 of the best.

BBC Three Schedule is:

I think our best bet will be the red button, they have 3 streams in addition to the tv coverage so we should hopefully be able to see a more substantial portion of the set

Is there going to be a stream by BBC which will show what they also broadcast on TV? Or is my BBC here, which I get in Germany, the only way I could possibly watch this (eventhough I think that this BBC here is only the main channel and not going to show anything from the festival)?

BBC Three Schedule is:

I think our best bet will be the red button, they have 3 streams in addition to the tv coverage so we should hopefully be able to see a more substantial portion of the set

What time do the streams run at. 21:00-22:00 and 22:30 - 00:05 also?

Did a search on google and the webpage only shows a sports schedule for the red button.

Edited by no1gooner

BBC Three Schedule is:

What time do the streams run at. Did a search on google and the webpage only shows a sports schedule for the red button.

Red button, red button, red button!

What time is the ginger cunt supposed to be onstage? Around 11pm?

Edited by Longpig

Is there going to be a stream by BBC which will show what they also broadcast on TV? Or is my BBC here, which I get in Germany, the only way I could possibly watch this (eventhough I think that this BBC here is only the main channel and not going to show anything from the festival)?

the tv coverage will be on iPlayer but that is only available in the UK

BBC Three Schedule is:

Did a search on google and the webpage only shows a sports schedule for the red button.

have no idea, i'm just gonna try pressing it at 9 and see if anything happens! ;)

the tv coverage will be on iPlayer but that is only available in the UK

BBC Three Schedule is:

have no idea, i'm just gonna try pressing it at 9 and see if anything happens! ;)

Ah, that's too bad. Thanks for the info. :)

BBC Three Schedule is:

Posted in the other thread:

Press RED between 7pm and 2am Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the festival and from 6am on Monday for highlights.

I can't get the red button on sky in Ireland for the BBC3 beacause I had to tune it in as an extra channel.

So no recording or pressing the red button.

Let's pray they get shown on the highlights at 10:30. I doubt it though.

damn, can you get the red button on beeb 1 or 2? cos it should theoretically be avaialable on those channels too

I can't get the red button on sky in Ireland for the BBC3 beacause I had to tune it in as an extra channel.

damn, can you get the red button on beeb 1 or 2? cos it should theoretically be avaialable on those channels too

Fuck, yeah I can. Shit, I hope you're right

Guest RonMexico82

I have two sky boxes, one with a sky card where I had to tune in BBC3 and the other without a sky card, where I have BBC3 anyway. Try removing your sky card, turn off your box, turn it back on and as far as I know BBC3 will then be listed as a regular channel. I just looked up the listing and it says live coverge of Reading with Edith Bowman from the treehouse overlooking the stage: Headline Act Guns N' Roses (Warning: Strong Language)

To me it looks like they are going to be showing the concert live?

I will be watching the Red Button and have the BBC3 10:30pm show on record. I can't tape anything from the Red Button at the moment but I MIGHT be able to provide some footage before the Dublin show. No promises and chances are there will be footage on youtube before I can do it.

I have two sky boxes, one with a sky card where I had to tune in BBC3 and the other without a sky card, where I have BBC3 anyway. Try removing your sky card, turn off your box, turn it back on and as far as I know BBC3 will then be listed as a regular channel. I just looked up the listing and it says live coverge of Reading with Edith Bowman from the treehouse overlooking the stage: Headline Act Guns N' Roses (Warning: Strong Language)

I have a second sky with no card too, the one I was using before I switched to HD.

I'll give that a shot

I have a feeling they'll do what they did with Bruce at Glastonbury last year. Start showing coverage an hour or so into the set so they can show highlights so far (ie. maybe skip out CD, start with Jungle, then Easy maybe skip Brownstone, etc.) and then once they've caught up, switch to live coverage for the rest of the set.

Although, in 2006, they showed all of Pearl Jam's set live, so you never know... ;)

I have a feeling they'll do what they did with Bruce at Glastonbury last year. Start showing coverage an hour or so into the set so they can show highlights so far (ie. maybe skip out CD, start with Jungle, then Easy maybe skip Brownstone, etc.) and then once they've caught up, switch to live coverage for the rest of the set.

Although, in 2006, they showed all of Pearl Jam's set live, so you never know... ;)

That would be my idea. If the producers know anything about the GNR setlist then they will do that. Not cutting the ChiDem songs, but cutting the solo's and any AXL rants... depending on their stance towards Axl of course, they might show a rant and badmouth him.