Official Reading thread

GNR 1991

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks as if the BBC will only be showing edited highlights on the main BBC3 feed. They will be showing the full set on the BBC3 Red Button.

As Im sure most UK viewers know the Red Button is only available to those who use Freeview. If you have Freesat its not going to work as the BBC haven't bothered to put in the development work.

You can watch the Red Button streams online:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/readingandleeds/2010/

For those outside the UK who want to watch the stream your best bet is to use a UK based proxy server. Google 'how to watch bbc iplayer abroad'. Im sure someone can figure something out between now and the set and post here fore everyone else. Some of the services that make you pay have free trials that will probably work.

For anyone who has a decent mac this programme is meant to be really good http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/29604/iplayer-grabber Don't know how it works but I've heard good things.

Im getting some kind of live feed, but can we still watch guns on this stream? Im not sure if I understand how this works.

So psyched for this gig. My friends are there at Reading and they've never seen Guns live so they're in for a treat. I joked with them that I was more excited than they were and I'm not even going :D

Just stuck the 3hr 37min gig from Asia to prepare myself for the GNR onslaught

Can anyone clarify, please?

On BBC's website, it says the following:

On Friday you'll be able to watch the following bands...

Stream 1

Gogol Bordello

NOFX

Lostprophets

Biffy Clyro

Two Door Cinema Club

The Big Pink

Queens Of The Stone Age

Yeasayer

Phoenix

Mumford & Sons

Delphic

LCD Soundsystem

Guns N' Roses

Stream 2

Two Door Cinema Club

The Big Pink

Yeasayer

Delphic

Gogol Bordello

NOFX

Lostprophets

Biffy Clyro

Queens Of The Stone Age

Mumford & Sons

LCD Soundsystem

Meaning, as far as I can see, that we'll see SOMETHING of GNR tonight.

HOWEVER!!!!!!

I pressed the red button, it gives me a menu with a list of bands I can see. It mentions the (mostly shite, it has to be said) bands above but NOT Guns n' Roses!!!!!!!! Not on the list, people!!!

What's the story?