Australian Tour ROLLCALL

highvoltage

Alright guys, so these dates are unusually spread apart distance wise and aren't in capital cities... still I've noticed a number of people that seem keen to travel for the shows. I'm sure like me, not many of your friends are going to want to travel to Townsville or Adelaide to see GN'R and you guys might be faced with the prospects of going to the shows on your own...!

So I'm going to try to get an idea of numbers - where people are from, what shows they are going to and whether they'll be flying, driving, etc and see what I can do in terms of organising meetups, finding cheapest flights (probably only for people travelling from Sydney) and we can try book the same ones, etc. Alternatively, if you're an Adelaide or Townsville local and want to help out giving advice on where to stay, drink, eat, etc that would be great.

This may well end up as a massive fail, but I thought i'd at least give it a shot...!

So post in the thread below where you're from and what your intentions are in terms of making the shows. I'll edit the first post with the names of those attending the shows.

Townsville: 1st December

highvoltage

ThinkAboutYou

Sydney: 4th December

highvoltage

ThinkAboutYou

Adelaide: 7th December

highvoltage

ThinkAboutYou

Teejay (Maybe - coming from Melbourne)

Perth? (Rumoured)

Sydney and Perth for me.

and Im a definite for Adelaide.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty tied up gunsguy?

High Voltage is right all the tickets have even been delivered by now

They have promo video's for Aus dates, and tour posters made up and were selling through the two biggest ticket providers in Australia

Been widely reported and all are on Andrew McMannus website (promoter) and venue websites

Have you seen any ads on TV for it. I caught one here a couple of weeks ago - was quite surprised.

My mate has also tracked me down a tour poster too for the Perth gig which is cool (I noticed ones on ebay too)!!! Just gotta try and get it signed now.

Sweet

I've only seen the clips on the internet for the shows none on tv but I am in Melbourne and probably wouldn't make sense to promote any shows here

I have my ticket for Perth am hoping to make it across. Have some accommodation booked for Syd but have to book more for the whole trip

How many nights you recon I should stay in Perth? What should I check out?

Given that the concert is on a Sat you may have wanted to get here a day earlier and or stay an extra day or something. I would offer to drive you round and do a few things but I can't guarantee it since my wife is due with our first baby (scary) on December 6th. So depending on when it arrives it could really mess any plans I make around then. I would also have offered you a place to crash too but again those plans could all turn to shit depending upon how things pan out. Hopefully we can still hook up for some beers concert day as a minimum and depending upon how long you are here if you want do some sightseeing and extra drinking I'm up for that if possible.

Teejay, good idea getting out of Melbourne, those feral Collingwood supporters will become unbareable. Sad thing is I can't see the Saints (who you would expect to get over the Bulldogs) beating them. Then again it would be classic Collingwood getting to the GF in such dominant style, like their whole season and then falling over at the last hurdle! I wonder if Mick will cry again if that happens.

pretty tied up gunsguy?

They have promo video's for Aus dates, and tour posters made up and were selling through the two biggest ticket providers in Australia

Been widely reported and all are on Andrew McMannus website (promoter) and venue websites

Have you seen any ads on TV for it. I caught one here a couple of weeks ago - was quite surprised.

My mate has also tracked me down a tour poster too for the Perth gig which is cool (I noticed ones on ebay too)!!! Just gotta try and get it signed now.

Sweet

I've only seen the clips on the internet for the shows none on tv but I am in Melbourne and probably wouldn't make sense to promote any shows here

I have my ticket for Perth am hoping to make it across. Have some accommodation booked for Syd but have to book more for the whole trip

Given that the concert is on a Sat you may have wanted to get here a day earlier and or stay an extra day or something. I would offer to drive you round and do a few things but I can't guarantee it since my wife is due with our first baby (scary) on December 6th. So depending on when it arrives it could really mess any plans I make around then. I would also have offered you a place to crash too but again those plans could all turn to shit depending upon how things pan out. Hopefully we can still hook up for some beers concert day as a minimum and depending upon how long you are here if you want do some sightseeing and extra drinking I'm up for that if possible.

Teejay, good idea getting out of Melbourne, those feral Collingwood supporters will become unbareable. Sad thing is I can't see the Saints (who you would expect to get over the Bulldogs) beating them. Then again it would be classic Collingwood getting to the GF in such dominant style, like their whole season and then falling over at the last hurdle! I wonder if Mick will cry again if that happens.

Congrats on the baby

i'm thinking I will arrived a day before the show

pretty tied up gunsguy?

Sweet

Congrats on the baby

Ok cool, well fingers crossed if you want we can get on the piss Friday night as well and go and do a few things. You can come and check out my gnr collection ;)

pretty tied up gunsguy?

Sweet

Congrats on the baby

Ok cool, well fingers crossed if you want we can get on the piss Friday night as well and go and do a few things. You can come and check out my gnr collection ;)

Sounds good

Any attractions in Perth I shouldn't miss? best spots?

pretty tied up gunsguy?

Sweet

Congrats on the baby

Hmmm Fingers crossed your wife doesn't go into labor while your out on the piss, that wont go down well at all! Good luck with the birth, hope its all smooth sailing.

The Pies ferals have started already.... :thumbsdown:

Alright guys, so these dates are unusually spread apart distance wise and aren't in capital cities... still I've noticed a number of people that seem keen to travel for the shows. I'm sure like me, not many of your friends are going to want to travel to Townsville or Adelaide to see GN'R and you guys might be faced with the prospects of going to the shows on your own...!

So I'm going to try to get an idea of numbers - where people are from, what shows they are going to and whether they'll be flying, driving, etc and see what I can do in terms of organising meetups, finding cheapest flights (probably only for people travelling from Sydney) and we can try book the same ones, etc. Alternatively, if you're an Adelaide or Townsville local and want to help out giving advice on where to stay, drink, eat, etc that would be great.

This may well end up as a massive fail, but I thought i'd at least give it a shot...!

So post in the thread below where you're from and what your intentions are in terms of making the shows. I'll edit the first post with the names of those attending the shows.

Townsville: 1st December

highvoltage

ThinkAboutYou

Vogstar

Sydney: 4th December

highvoltage

ThinkAboutYou

rosetattoo

Vogstar

Adelaide: 7th December

highvoltage

ThinkAboutYou

Teejay (Maybe - coming from Melbourne)

drewhiggins?

Perth:

williambailey101

rosetattoo

ashysdad

Got my Adelaide ticket, so add me to the Sydney and Adelaide spots rock3

• 3 weeks later...

why arent they playin melbourne????

Rumour has it there is a clause in the clipsal contract (V8's) thats says they cannot play within a certain radius of Sydney, thats why there is no Brisbane either. Maybe a secret gig in Melbourne for all the forum members can make up for it?? :D

Rumour has it there is a clause in the clipsal contract (V8's) thats says they cannot play within a certain radius of Sydney, thats why there is no Brisbane either. Maybe a secret gig in Melbourne for all the forum members can make up for it?? :D

As long as the secret gig is after the 11th so I'll have time to get back from Perth

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

anyone thinking with Adelaide being the 'city of churches' and Axl hasn't released a music video yet from CD, that something might happen?

:xmassrudolph: lol

thats gotta be the biggest load of shit if thats true, the biggest fan base is probably melbourne

thats gotta be the biggest load of shit if thats true, the biggest fan base is probably melbourne

Either way if you want to see GNR this tour you have to travel out of Melbourne