Australian Tour ROLLCALL

highvoltage

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockers ready to roll!

THE pressure is on for Guns N' Roses to hit the stage on time tomorrow for their hotly anticipated North Queensland show or they will face more than 11,000 unhappy fans.

The American rockers are set to perform at Reid Park in Townsville from 8.30pm and there is a noise restriction in place for 10.45pm.

This show is one of the North's biggest rock concerts this year featuring one of America's most famous rock bands.

A Townsville City Council spokeswoman said promoters were given a licence to continue the concert until 10.45pm and council and Liquor Licensing would have crews on the ground to monitor noise levels.

Noise restrictions are 70dba until 10pm and 50dba thereafter.

"These restrictions are standard at Reid Park, whether it's a weekday or weekend, however the allowable time concerts can continue is slightly longer on weekends," she said.

"All parties will be in contact with the audio operator on the night should these restrictions be breached."

full story:

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/11/30/188441_news.html

Wanna Meet Guns N’ Roses?

POSTED BY BEX LOGAN ON 29TH NOVEMBER, 2010

Are you a fan of the Gunners? Well here’s a special treat. This Friday, the 3rd of December – Dizzy Reed, Bumblefoot and Dj Ashba from Guns n Roses will be appearing in the Northern Beaches suburb of Sydney, Mona Vale.

Bumblefoot aka Ron Thal is a songwriter and producer best known for being one of two current lead guitarists in Guns N’ Roses.

Dizzy Reed is best known for his tenure as the keyboardist for the Gunners, with whom he has played, toured and recorded since 1990. Aside from front-man Axl Rose, Reed is the longest standing member of Guns N’ Roses.

Dj Ashba currently a guitarist in Sixx:A.M. and Guns N’ Roses, is also known for his work with hard rock bands BulletBoys, and Beautiful Creatures.

Members of the Guns N’ Roses will be appearing here from 4pm.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/wanna-meet-guns-n-roses/

http://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/store-locations/nsw/46/billy-hyde-music-northern-beaches/

I'll be checking this out, its literally 2 minutes from my house.. I wonder if bumblefoot or ashba will sign my Slash Les Paul ? :xmasssanta:

Spent the night getting shitfaced with a few others but the dude i'm staying with and his girlfriend wanted a bang so we went home a bit early.

I just wish they'd close the fucking door....

LOL funny story, they shoulda just let you watch at least! :xmassrudolph:

Just about to crack the jager open at Townsville.

I'm going to try and provide updates through Twitter @ www.twitter.com/highvoltageacdc (thanks for the suggestion gunsguy) - Still nobody at the venue but us at the moment, but I'd say over the next hour the crowd will start to appear. :)

Just about to crack the jager open at Townsville.

I'm going to try and provide updates through Twitter @ www.twitter.com/highvoltageacdc (thanks for the suggestion gunsguy) - Still nobody at the venue but us at the moment, but I'd say over the next hour the crowd will start to appear. :)

thanks for link, this way I can keep thread updated for the fans :)

Alright guys, so these dates are unusually spread apart distance wise and aren't in capital cities... still I've noticed a number of people that seem keen to travel for the shows. I'm sure like me, not many of your friends are going to want to travel to Townsville or Adelaide to see GN'R and you guys might be faced with the prospects of going to the shows on your own...!

So I'm going to try to get an idea of numbers - where people are from, what shows they are going to and whether they'll be flying, driving, etc and see what I can do in terms of organising meetups, finding cheapest flights (probably only for people travelling from Sydney) and we can try book the same ones, etc. Alternatively, if you're an Adelaide or Townsville local and want to help out giving advice on where to stay, drink, eat, etc that would be great.

This may well end up as a massive fail, but I thought i'd at least give it a shot...!

So post in the thread below where you're from and what your intentions are in terms of making the shows. I'll edit the first post with the names of those attending the shows.

Townsville: 1st December

highvoltage

ThinkAboutYou

Vogstar

Sydney: 4th December

highvoltage

ThinkAboutYou

rosetattoo

Vogstar

Adelaide: 7th December

highvoltage

ThinkAboutYou

Teejay (Maybe - coming from Melbourne)

drewhiggins?

Perth:

williambailey101

rosetattoo

ashysdad

December 4th Sydney:

Kittengirl (twitter.com/kittengirl2809)

Alright guys, so these dates are unusually spread apart distance wise and aren't in capital cities... still I've noticed a number of people that seem keen to travel for the shows. I'm sure like me, not many of your friends are going to want to travel to Townsville or Adelaide to see GN'R and you guys might be faced with the prospects of going to the shows on your own...!

So I'm going to try to get an idea of numbers - where people are from, what shows they are going to and whether they'll be flying, driving, etc and see what I can do in terms of organising meetups, finding cheapest flights (probably only for people travelling from Sydney) and we can try book the same ones, etc. Alternatively, if you're an Adelaide or Townsville local and want to help out giving advice on where to stay, drink, eat, etc that would be great.

This may well end up as a massive fail, but I thought i'd at least give it a shot...!

So post in the thread below where you're from and what your intentions are in terms of making the shows. I'll edit the first post with the names of those attending the shows.

Townsville: 1st December

highvoltage

ThinkAboutYou

Vogstar

Sydney: 4th December

highvoltage

ThinkAboutYou

rosetattoo

Vogstar

liveillusion

Adelaide: 7th December

highvoltage

ThinkAboutYou

Teejay (Maybe - coming from Melbourne)

drewhiggins?

Perth:

williambailey101

rosetattoo

ashysdad

December 4th Sydney:

Kittengirl (twitter.com/kittengirl2809)

To the people going to the Sydney show, if you want to be up front(I am assuming it's first in best dressed since its all GA) what time would be good to start lining up at the stadium? I'm not familiar with the telstra 500 concert, how exactly does it work in terms of crowd placement, is everyone on the ground?

p.s any ideas on the attendance?

To the people going to the Sydney show, if you want to be up front(I am assuming it's first in best dressed since its all GA) what time would be good to start lining up at the stadium? I'm not familiar with the telstra 500 concert, how exactly does it work in terms of crowd placement, is everyone on the ground?

Its first in best dressed.. I'm aiming to be in the stadium as soon as the security allows entry.. around 4 or 430pmish I think..

Its first in best dressed.. I'm aiming to be in the stadium as soon as the security allows entry.. around 4 or 430pmish I think..

do you think it'll be worth lining up prior to 4? say 12PM onwards?

Oh good, you're coming so I can bash you bro.

Looking at the track layout, I would be suprised if you could even get near the stadium until the race is over.

according to Ticketek:

Running times:

Concert to be held at ANZ Stadium on Sat 4 Dec

Gates Open: 4pm

Delta Riggs: 5.30pm

Spiderbait: 6.20pm

Guns N' Roses: 7.35pm

Please Note: Running times and are approximate and may be subject to change. The event may add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and or vary the event program.

Edited by yibbida