New Interview with Dizzy in Switzerland`s Blick tabloid

God of Thunder

Unfortunately it is in german, maybe someone has the time to translate it:

Will just translate the first few lines:

Q Dizzy, why did you break off the last show in Dublin?

Dizzy: Breaking off is the wrong word, we made a longer pause and finished the gig afterwards

Q What happened:

Dizzy: Some morons threw bottles, there is no reason to take this. This shit is dangerous

Q: You talk of experience?

Dizzy: Yeah, our former bass player Duff was hit on the head by a bottle in 1993 and had to be brought to hospital by an ambulance. One of the bottles (at Dublin) missed me only inches. We warned the fans if they throw more battles we gonna abort the show. But they would not listen.

Q: So you paused the show?

Dizzy: Yeah we went backstage until the situation got calmer. It was a very frightening feeling.

Q: It was not the first incident on this tour!?

Dizzy: It has always been like that with Guns. 99,9% of the fans are great but there are always some drunken idtiots who want to ruin it for everybody. Sometimes they throw something, sometimes they start a fight.

Q: How do you explain this:

Dizzy: This is really fucked up. I mean I would never spend money to force a band off stage.Everybody who is unhappy should fuck off. But throwing bottles that is barbarian.

Q: Your frontman Axl Rose is also said to be difficult. You are in the band for 20 years. How do you get along with him?

Dizzy: Really, there was never any reason for me to quit. This band is like a marriage, as if married to a bunch of friends: Sometimes it means to self restrain and fight and put your own ego aside. Because I have the biggest respect of Axl`s talent....

etc.

http://www.blick.ch/unterhaltung/musik/koks-und-nutten-sind-total-ueberbewertet-154703

Translated into English (roughly) by Google Chrome Translator:

Dizzy Reed, why do you have left your last show in Dublin?

Dizzy Reed: Canceled is the wrong word. It was a longer break, but we finished the gig.

What happened?

A few idiots threw bottles. There is no reason to put up with that. Because this shit is dangerous.

They speak from experience?

Our previous bassist Duff in 1993, was hit by a bottle on his head and had to therefore be taken to the hospital in an ambulance. One of the bottles missed me by inches.We have warned the fans that we will have to cancel the show if they keep throwing bottles. But they would not listen.

So you stopped the show.

Yes, we moved to the backstage area until the mood had calmed. It was a very unpleasant feeling.

It was not the first incident of the tour.

That was how Guns N 'Roses has always been. 99.9 percent of the fans are great, but there are always some drunken idiots who want to ruin everything. Sometimes they throw something, sometimes they instigate a brawl.

How do you explain that?

It has left a great, man I mean, I myself would never spent money to force a band from the stage.Anyone who is dissatisfied should fuck off. But to throw bottles, that's fucking barbaric!

Your front man Axl Rose is also difficult. You have been in the band for 20 years. How do you keep it with him?

For me there was never a reason to get out. A band is like a marriage when one would be married with a bunch of buddies: As it is said sometimes bite through, and put his ego aside. For I have great respect for Axl's talent.

Within the band there was always trouble. They have however always kept out. Are you such a balanced person?

Balanced? (Laughs) If you knew! Not in the slightest. But hey, I see it this way: I'm here, play piano and try as much as possible to contribute to the music. This is my job, and I always have fun. Of course, it happened that my feelings are hurt, but that's normal.

Do you have any contact with former members Slash, Duff and Izzy?

No. We are not talking to each other.

But they played on your solo albums?

Yes, but that was before they got out definitely. After that they have not called me, and I do not. And it is today.

After an incredible 15 years passed until the next Guns N 'Roses album "Chinese Democracy." Why so long?

There is no simple answer. Somehow, the album was just never finished. There were whole years when we were in the studio every night. But we were still not satisfied.When we had it then well done at last, we published it. No matter what others say, I'm happy with it. My life is devoted to this day Guns n 'Roses.

That is, after the tour there is another new album?

We have spoken about it, but we would rather take up something during the tour. But I am very careful.I knock on wood, it works out.

My life was once notorious for excessive Tour.And today?

Anything else than that before I played in the poker room - with my stuffed animals. (Laughs)

What has changed?

At that time, I am totally immersed in this lifestyle, I was convinced that decadence just one of them. A fallacy!When I became a father, I had some tired of this excessive life. Today I have four grown children: makes me happy.

No nostalgia?

Oh well. In the past there was this rock legend still. But the lost. If one now draws Kokslinien by the tits a groupie, it is now on Twitter. The destroyed but any appeal. And then there is still another, even worse side: This whole "Buhu, I sit alone in my hotel room and I feel so lonely that I wanted to throw myself out the window"-blather on the Internet. Terrible! Write a better song about it. Then you have what it even years later.

So no more coke and hookers not for you?

Oh, that's totally overrated anyway. (Laughs) A desperate attempt to fight their own Downs. I feel bad - brings coke and whores!

"Hookers n 'Blow', it was said once, your cover band.

Yes, I found the name so ridiculous that I wanted to have him as a logo. It has also done a lot of fun. Meanwhile, we have buried the project. But you can still buy T-shirts from us!

They play next week in Zurich. Do you remember your first gig at Swiss?

Uff. Blurred. But, now that they say it occurs to me: I wanted as a child in Switzerland, in the mountains. And when we were on our endless "Use Your Illusion" tour, we finally arrived in Switzerland, Basel. But there were no mountains! It was also my wife at the time pregnant with our first child. Since I am ausgetickt for the first time in my life completely. I have completely lost his mind. I could not eat, not sleep. So they put me on a plane and sent home.

Edited by pobin123

Aw damnit!

What are u people gonna bitch about now?

I mean its pretty hard to make BS out of that.

How can it be 'dangerous' and 'frightening' when three plastic cups were thrown on stage?!

None of which directly hit any band member.

Every post in the Dublin thread contradicts what Dizzy said here. He's just covering for Axl.

Aw damnit!

How can it be 'dangerous' and 'frightening' when three plastic cups were thrown on stage?!

Every post in the Dublin thread contradicts what Dizzy said here. He's just covering for Axl.

Are you really that dense that you dont understand? he meant the whole atmosphere in the arena became "dangerous and frighteneing"

stop stirring shit. we dont need "fans" like you. (please notice quotations)

Well if it was a dangerous and frightening mood, they helped to create it by going on late and then by going off.

And the mood wasn't dangerous. It was a bit surreal but lots of people I talked to (and myself) thought that things were very calm given what had happened.

People who left for the most part filed out calmly to the exits. The rest of us just stood around watching. There was never a sense that it would turn violent.

Though people were obviously booing.

And Guns have been my favourite band for twenty three years. This was the fifth time I saw them so I think I'm well within my rights to complain,

and to point out when people are either saying things that did not happen at the show, or misrepresenting what happened.

Edited by axl666

You can see the bad atmosphere in the videos of the show (objects in the air, people booing the band). Dizzy said that one of the bottles (at Dublin) missed him only inches. The whole situation was dangerous. As someone said people were so drunk that they didn't know what they did. It could have ended in a riot.

Edited by Anahzul

You can see the bad atmosphere in the videos of the show (objects in the air, people booing the band). Dizzy said that one of the bottles (at Dublin) missed him only inches. The whole situation was dangerous. As someone said people were so drunk that they didn't know what they did. It could have ended in a riot.

Well it could have ended in a riot. THere might have been the potential there for a few minutes after he left. However

the situation/atmosphere quickly stabilized and became a lot calmer.

Alcohol wasn't responsible for the boos from what I could see. My girlfriend and parents both booed

and they hadn't had any alcohol that night.

The booing was because of the lateness. And for a long time I'd say it was actually like pantomine booing because

people would boo and then quickly cheer and then boo. There wasn't sustained maliciousness behind it.

However the booing and atmosphere became angrier after he left. As I said things became calmer though;

this might have been helped by putting on the house lights, though as many people have noted this had the

side-effect of leading some people to think the concert was over.

After he came back the atmosphere was basically apathy. Some people were booing, some were cheering,

but most people just sat and watched without really responding (just like Axl).

Guest RonMexico82
Everybody who is unhappy should fuck off.

As one of the thousands of unhappy fans who paid €70 to see you perform but "fucked off" home I would like to say this:

You should take your own advice Dizzy.

I don't get it.

I wonder why he doesn't talk to , Slash, Izzy, and Duff. Since Axl doesn't like that them, does that mean he can't?

Kinda retarded, if you ask me.

Nobody asked you.....

BTW awesome article by the dizz.... I wonder how many bottles were actually thrown on stage that we couldnt see..

I don't get it.

I wonder why he doesn't talk to , Slash, Izzy, and Duff. Since Axl doesn't like that them, does that mean he can't?

Kinda retarded, if you ask me.

Did he say that was the reason?

Btw, Axl doesn't like Izzy?? Where did you hear that? He also doesn't seem to have anything against Duff...

Your arguments are poor at best, as always.

Edited by spirit83

Aw damnit!

You slip and fall on your ass..bust a fucking arm..your done...it hits electrical and you get fried...hits you in the face and you fall off stage..

.ill tell you what Ill fill a plastic bottle up with some piss and chuck it at your face ..when you wake up you tell me......did that hurt???hows your fucken busted nose feel? that feel real good dont it! Tell me about your black eye thats all swollen shut? What about that busted cheeck bone...that feel good when you smile..try singing through that broken jaw mother fucker and then tell the world that its not dangerous or frightening to look out in a hostile audience of what 30 thousand geting shit thrown at you point blank.

Aw damnit!

It may start with bottles and cups. But if people are happy to throw shit, whats to stop them throwing more dangerous things like rocks, stones, e.t.c?

That said, if a cup/bottle full of water is thrown and hits a guitar, amplifier, pyro, basically something electric or dangerous, the situation could get dangerous from objects seemigly as small/harmless as those.

No matter how late they are, theres no excuse for throwing shit at the band, or any band frankly. If you're not happy, then leave. Better still, don't go in the first place, especially if you know GN'Rs reputation granted not everyone does)

Aw damnit!

It may start with bottles and cups. But if people are happy to throw shit, whats to stop them throwing more dangerous things like rocks, stones, e.t.c?

That said, if a cup/bottle full of water is thrown and hits a guitar, amplifier, pyro, basically something electric or dangerous, the situation could get dangerous from objects seemigly as small/harmless as those.

No matter how late they are, theres no excuse for throwing shit at the band, or any band frankly. If you're not happy, then leave. Better still, don't go in the first place, especially if you know GN'Rs reputation granted not everyone does)

I agree with everyone that things should not have been thrown. I think Axl is amazing and just wanted to see a great show.

However saying that the atmosphere was so dangerous that the band couldn't go on was not true. The atmosphere only turned really bad after they left, and then

only for a while.

And again, just to reiterate, I support everyone here who says that things should not have been thrown and that.

Actually I saw Duff in the Academy in Dublin a few months back. When someone threw something at him (I think it was a shoe), he just looked at it

with contempt, spat at it and continued on. Nothing else was thrown.

Aw damnit!

Thank god that stone free flooring in the 02 :rofl-lol:

exactly

i don't understand why anybody even tries to rationalize the whole going on late thing, its just shitty taste

So how do you rationalize: Knowing GNR have a long history of coming on late (99% of the time they are at least an hour + half late),

buying the ticket anyway, then getting pissed off when they, SURPRISE!, are late again?!?!

Logic says if you dont like it and dont want to experience it ,then dont go in the first place. Spread the word.

Everybody who is unhappy should fuck off.

As one of the thousands of unhappy fans who paid €70 to see you perform but "fucked off" home I would like to say this:

You should take your own advice Dizzy.

Talk about taking a badly translated statement out of context....

He was clearly talking about people who feel the need to throw shit.

Aw damnit!

I agree with everyone that things should not have been thrown. I think Axl is amazing and just wanted to see a great show.

However saying that the atmosphere was so dangerous that the band couldn't go on was not true.

In this video you can see that the atmosphere was really bad towards the band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUMakD4tgow

exactly

i don't understand why anybody even tries to rationalize the whole going on late thing, its just shitty taste

So how do you rationalize: Knowing GNR have a long history of coming on late (99% of the time they are at least an hour + half late),

buying the ticket anyway, then getting pissed off when they, SURPRISE!, are late again?!?!

Logic says if you dont like it and dont want to experience it ,then dont go in the first place. Spread the word.

The only problem though is that most people on this board (myself included) want things to go well for the band,

they want them to be popular and successful. If they keep doing this and appeal to a hardcore audience (half of which

also seems to be annoyed about what happened) then their just going to hurt themselves.

Axl himself doesn't seem to be especially interested in the hardcore group of fans. He doesn't want to do a tour

of small clubs. Part of him seems to want to appeal to a large audience; however another part of him

doesn't seem to care about pleasing them.

I think he can go on late and play smaller venues for dedicated fans. This will bring in less money for him, though,

and would signify diminishing popularity. Smaller venues also equals less first class travel, five star hotels and private planes,

which he probably won't like; he's a multi-millionaire with a multi-millionaire's tastes.

If he wants to keep playing to 10,000 plus arenas he needs to get on on time.