New Bumble interview at HTGTH

axl666

Finally, I'm gonna mention a bunch of bands, and then you tell me your favorite song by them – is that cool?

– Sure. But it might take me a second to come up with my favorite.

Nirvana?

– Verse Chorus Verse.

nice one :thumbsup:

I mean, there's a whole big chunk of music from that era, and I played on pretty much everything. Then they decided what to put out, and I'm sure something at some point will happen to the other existing songs.

Sorry Ron, but I can't help reading too much into that. ;)

A few months back, he used to say "I'm not sure what the fate of these songs will be" or "Yes, the original plan was for Chinese Democracy to be a double album. But now, I don't know. Plans change. It happened with my own music too".

Edited by The Glow Inc.

If they were a normal band they'd release the unreleased stuff now, or just before christmas,

and start working on a new album really soon.

The band could turn out a new album quite quickly I'd say...Axl, probably not.

The worst thing would be for the unreleased material to be scrapped.

Possibly the best thing to come out of HTGTH to be quite honest with you.

I'm more of the school of the band as is getting together and writing something organic and of the moment than releasing all the Chinese D leftovers as a record, sure put them as bonus tracks or a boxset... but let's do something relevant, the 2010 line up deserves a chance to shine off its own back!

Possibly the best thing to come out of HTGTH to be quite honest with you.

I'm more of the school of the band as is getting together and writing something organic and of the moment than releasing all the Chinese D leftovers as a record, sure put them as bonus tracks or a boxset... but let's do something relevant, the 2010 line up deserves a chance to shine off its own back!

Agreed. As curious as I am to see what the output of those 10+ years was, I have a feeling it's not as musically strong or cohesive as we might assume (or it probably would have been slated for some kind of release by now). This band has some serious chops and they've spent a good chunk of time together. It's obvious they connect on a personal level as well as an on-stage one. I think there's the potential for some of the best music since Lies or Appetite there and I completely mean that. They've earnt the right to get some studio and writing time together. There's no discernible weak link - I think it's the most universally liked lineup since the old band splintered off. There's nobody bitching about Bucket or Finck - everyone seems to like these guys in some capacity.

Starting from scratch is an excellent idea, but stealth release the old stuff as well, I would love to here it. They can pull a Bumble and release it as the "Guns n' Roses Anthology" which is basically tracks that werent on Chinese Democracy but should have been. Then they release the second coming of Jesus.

I mean, there's a whole big chunk of music from that era, and I played on pretty much everything. Then they decided what to put out, and I'm sure something at some point will happen to the other existing songs.

Sorry Ron, but I can't help reading too much into that. ;)

A few months back, he used to say "I'm not sure what the fate of these songs will be" or "Yes, the original plan was for Chinese Democracy to be a double album. But now, I don't know. Plans change. It happened with my own music too".

also relevant : he recently said he played on all the material when he did his CD sessions, not just the CDi released songs.

so that means the extra material also has bumble. probably has frank. might even have ashba. it might be good to go.

for awhile i thought maybe it was still raw 2002 era stuff, so they might have to do another 2 year recording session adding ron / ashba, but if ron has already played on it, it might be good to go. ashba may not be on it but whatever, fortus wasn't really on CDi and that didnt seem to matter.

i also agree this band needs to record something. i totally agree with bumble, it may not be the greatest song in the world but just fucking do it, see what happens, it seems they are geling right now so whats the problem? the band should start writing together in the 1-2 hours it takes axl to make it on stage. they would have enough material for an album by this point.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Lol at "Verse Chorus Verse"

You know that is an actual Nirvana song... he's not making a joke.

Damn, you're right. What album is that on? Is it on the box set because I never got that.

It can refer to two songs - an early version of "Sappy" or a song called "In His Hands".

In His Hands

You can find both on the box set. Sappy is named as such, and In His Hands is titled as Verse Chorus Verse...

They should release the old stuff and start writing new stuff.

However I wonder if the old stuff is involved in some legal issues, such as the Best Buy scheme,

or part of Axl's contract with Universal. Basically it might be tied up in some legal knots; though if it's

not, it would be great to release it.

From what journalists have said over the years, whatever about completed songs, there are also

hundreds of hours of riffs, alternative takes etc.