Do you ever wonder what Axl would sound like on Zeppelin material?

ITW 2012

Axl was actually turned down by a punk rock band in the early 80s because they told him he sounded too much like Robert Plant.

And Plant, by the time of Physical Graffiti, had a rasp to his voice like Axl (because he, like Axl, had nodules). Listen to Ten Years Gone.

Plant had surgery sometime in 1974 or 1975 to remove the nodules, which left his voice sounding as different as it does on Presence and In Through the Out Door.

Listen to Plant at Live Aid in 1985. He sounds like Axl at the 02 VMAs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AzIsSHJJq4

Edited by MetalForever

Fantasy GNR covers album tracklisting

1. Back in the USSR - Beatles

2. Nobody's Fault But Mine - Zeppelin

3. Never Say Die - Sabbath

4. Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads

5. Livin' After Midnight - Priest

6. Everything's Ruined - Faith No More

7. Closer - NIN

8. Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC

9. The Day I Tried to Live - Soundgarden

10. Blind - Kiss

11. Sway - Rolling Stones

12. Sailing - Rod

extra supernova intercontinental bonus track

13. Glory Days - Springsteen

Fantasy GNR covers album tracklisting

1. Back in the USSR - Beatles

2. The Rain Song - Zeppelin

3. Paranoid - Sabbath

4. Head Like a Hole - Nine Inch Nails

5. Zombies - Cranberries

6. Fly by Night- Rush

7. Anxious Disease- Outpatience

8. Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC

9. Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden

10. Last Child- Aerosmith

11. Sway - Rolling Stones

12. Sailing - Rod

13. Ten Years Gone - Led Zeppelin

Axl was actually turned down by a punk rock band in the early 80s because they told him he sounded too much like Robert Plant.

And Plant, by the time of Physical Graffiti, had a rasp to his voice like Axl (because he, like Axl, had nodules). Listen to Ten Years Gone.

Plant had surgery sometime in 1974 or 1975 to remove the nodules, which left his voice sounding as different as it does on Presence and In Through the Out Door.

Plant's ability to hit the high notes was greatly diminished from late 1972 onwards as Led Zep toured Japan, UK, Europe and finally the USA. His voice became gradually rougher as one can tell between the two live albums "How the West Was Won" and "The Song Remains the Same."

In 1973 and 75, his voice cracked frequently as well during tours. Plant probably lost his ability to scream at will and sustain his falsetto - so yes, although he did not lose his voice per se, his voice was altered through the nodules in his throat (as posted above); singing technique which probably wore his voice out; and age.

Gradually, he adopted a more cautious singing style throughout. Although he was able to scream out songs like Rock and Roll in 1998, he continued to have problems with songs like Ramble On where he would crack repeatedly on certain notes.

By the O2 tour in Dec 2007, he had lowered the keys to many of Zep's songs. Plant's ability to hit certain high notes has been inconsistent over the years.

zeppelin = most overrated ever

This was just what I was about to say.

But I will also give you this beautiful version of "Dyer Maker", courtesy of Lady Gaga; it's a great song and I wish Axl covered it!

Is this safe to watch?

from this thread I'm obsessed with them doing Rock n Roll again. Ron would probably see many rainbows.

zeppelin = most overrated ever

This was just what I was about to say.

But I will also give you this beautiful version of "Dyer Maker", courtesy of Lady Gaga; it's a great song and I wish Axl covered it!

Is this safe to watch?

from this thread I'm obsessed with them doing Rock n Roll again. Ron would probably see many rainbows.

I'm not sure who you are reffering to with "them".

Guns have been playing rock, haven't they? Better etc..

But it's safe, just go ahead and press the play button. Don't cover your ears. I actually really like it, and Gaga looks a lot cuter/ better than she does today too.