My Bon Jovi concert review!

ManetsBR

I've been to many concerts in my life, AC/DC, Metallica, Guns N' Roses... but Bon Jovi was the best! BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

The concert was perfect in very possible term, seriously, they were on fire.

I know there's a whole script they follow on every concert, but they were very, very excited, specialy Jon and Richie, they were very spontaneos last night.

Jon even said "Some people are getting too excited out there!"

When We Got It Going On finished, the crowd kept singing the riff, and Richie took his own cellphone to film it.

I don't know who got more excited last night. The band with the fans or the fans with the band. It was a SOLD OUT concert, 65,000 people, and it was so tight there... But we did sing all the riffs, lyrics, everything. We jumped on every single music, every single second, and the band loved that.

I know Jon loves when he sees that the crowd is enjoying the music. I mean, he finds creepy all that "JON MARRY ME PLEASE" stuff... And he was very impressed.

It was Tico's birthday and we managed to get the whole stadium singing for him, it was great.

I took a poster written "THESE DAYS!!!", and once the cameras filmed it! And they played These Days, it was awesome! Even songs that almost everyone criticises here in Brazil, like Captain Crash and Who Say's, got outstanding reception, everyone jumped and singed on every song, every second, no joke.

And I managed to get a sambora guitar pick!

It was the best day of my life, I'll never forget. Thanks Bon Jovi for this awesome day, I hope I can see you again soon, please don't take more 15 years to come back!

So Bon Jovi took of the "Best Day/Concert Of Your Life" from Gn'R?

Lol

I can easily see how someone could have this opinion. I saw Bon Jovi one time and it was in 2007. It was one of the best concerts I have ever beent o and I´ve been to over 150. I´ve seen old Gn´R and new Gn´R a total of 5 times and not once did they ever deliver one of the best concerts I have ever seen..... Oh excpet for my first Gn´R concert which was the best by default as it was the first show I ever saw so.....

If I were to put my money on who puts on the better show today I´ll go all in on Bon Jovi no hesitation.

Bon Jovi's always been about delivering a great show and a fun night out. He took a thing or two from Bruce's shows and applied it... with Aqua Net, but then somehow survived the 90s intact. You can't be a novelty and pull that off. You can't just be a "purty boy" and manage to survive that. People kept coming back for the shows and the music. It might not be your cup of tea, but then again, your music prob. isn't their cup of tea, either. The music itself hasn't really changed all that much. They write hard but not heavy rock songs, they write ballads that usually have been able to hold up without being too cheesy (although some will disagree).

Growing up in the northeast, you're used to a band like Bon Jovi being around and having a strong following in NY and NJ, but then when you get out and travel a bit, you realize how big that following is outside of America.

They were supposed to release an updated greatest hits last year, but they wound up writing a lot of new songs instead. The new greatest hits comes out this time next month.

Kudos to David for having the biggest show on Broadway in 2010 and winning the Tony for best musical. 8 nominations, 4 wins. I'm not a fan of musicals, but still thought that was pretty cool.

I've been to many concerts in my life, AC/DC, Metallica, Guns N' Roses... but Bon Jovi was the best! BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

The concert was perfect in very possible term, seriously, they were on fire.

I know there's a whole script they follow on every concert, but they were very, very excited, specialy Jon and Richie, they were very spontaneos last night.

Jon even said "Some people are getting too excited out there!"

When We Got It Going On finished, the crowd kept singing the riff, and Richie took his own cellphone to film it.

I don't know who got more excited last night. The band with the fans or the fans with the band. It was a SOLD OUT concert, 65,000 people, and it was so tight there... But we did sing all the riffs, lyrics, everything. We jumped on every single music, every single second, and the band loved that.

I know Jon loves when he sees that the crowd is enjoying the music. I mean, he finds creepy all that "JON MARRY ME PLEASE" stuff... And he was very impressed.

It was Tico's birthday and we managed to get the whole stadium singing for him, it was great.

I took a poster written "THESE DAYS!!!", and once the cameras filmed it! And they played These Days, it was awesome! Even songs that almost everyone criticises here in Brazil, like Captain Crash and Who Say's, got outstanding reception, everyone jumped and singed on every song, every second, no joke.

And I managed to get a sambora guitar pick!

It was the best day of my life, I'll never forget. Thanks Bon Jovi for this awesome day, I hope I can see you again soon, please don't take more 15 years to come back!

Yea, you def. post at Dry County.

I didn't really expect any of you to understand... Bon Jovi was the 1st band I truly loved, and they're still my favorite band. I listen to them since I was 9 years old, and I'm 16 now, I grew up, and I still grow up with their music... In the Bon Jovi forums in Brazil I got to know all the kinds of music, including Guns N' Roses. And meeting all the people that I know from the internet for 7 years now only made the concert better. The music, the moment, the people, the attitude... It's a day I'll never forget.

Before the concert I thought "Probably 1/5 of the stadium will know all the lyrics and will jump in all the songs". I couldn't be more wrong. I'm glad. The whole stadium did sing all the songs and jumped the whole concert. And the band was perfect, the setlist was perfect. And I got a Richie Sambora guitar pick!

That was the moment Richie filmed with his cellphone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFFysTh5CgM

Great crowd:

Every rock fan should attend to at least one concert in South America, it's a whole differente experience, we take the thing to a whole other level.

Edited by ManetsBR

That was an awesome review posted at Jovitalk.

So here´s my final opinion about this leg of the tour and the band: I think that over the years, the more the production and the contracts got bigger, Bon Jovi has lost a lot of spontaneity. Of course, they still show it sometimes (Montreal 2010, Frankfurt 2008 and so on…) But everything has became part of a very well rehearsed process that still is very fun to watch. As I said, I enjoyed every single concert that I went in the US. But there are some situations that can take them out of that process and put them back where they truly are: the best band in the world. I know Jon is an asshole sometimes, that over the last decade they released some crappy songs along with very good ones, but who hasn´t? I can´t stand to listen to Paul McCartney or Elton John latest releases, but for me they are two of my favorites musicians of all time and every time I go to their concerts I have a great time. Inspiration is not something you have all the time. If it was, McCartney would write a new “Yesterday” every month and Bon Jovi would release another “Prayer” every month too. But this South America leg showed them that they still got rock and roll running through their veins. It was epic.