GUNS N ROSES & GUNS 2 ROSES - PLAYED LIVE TODAY

G2R_AXL

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all the respect one could have for both new GNR and cover bands, but I think this was just a bad bad idea on BBF and Frank. As if there aren't enough "over glorified cover band" jokes floating around about the current GNR, this will not only spark more of them, but partly validates them.

A8R

I have all the respect one could have for both new GNR and cover bands, but I think this was just a bad bad idea on BBF and Frank. As if there aren't enough "over glorified cover band" jokes floating around about the current GNR, this will not only spark more of them, but partly validates them.

A8R

Mate, ain't being funny, or trying to defend anyone. But basically the owner of the venue that they was at just let G2R know they were there. G2R didn't know they were playing with Ron n' Frank until they arrived (I arrived with them, I know) the guy playing bass - who isn't G2R's bassist - had to learn it in a back of a van like 15 minutes before they performed it. This wasn't to promote either GNR or G2R. It was just Ron n Frank doing a little school/session with youngsters helping to spread rock music and encourage them, as G2R were there they thought "what the hell".

Edit: As it so happens, me and Gav (the singer) were getting hammered at the bar thinking "this is surreal seeing them in a venue this size performing with 10 year olds" when the owner just came along and went "is it alright if you do a couple of songs with 'em?"

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

A8R

Mate, ain't being funny, or trying to defend anyone. But basically the owner of the venue that they was at just let G2R know they were there. G2R didn't know they were playing with Ron n' Frank until they arrived (I arrived with them, I know) the guy playing bass - who isn't G2R's bassist - had to learn it in a back of a van like 15 minutes before they performed it. This wasn't to promote either GNR or G2R. It was just Ron n Frank doing a little school/session with youngsters helping to spread rock music and encourage them, as G2R were there they thought "what the hell".

Edit: As it so happens, me and Gav (the singer) were getting hammered at the bar thinking "this is surreal seeing them in a venue this size performing with 10 year olds" when the owner just came along and went "is it alright if you do a couple of songs with 'em?"

That's cool, I'm just saying that it's going to result in a lot more bullshit such as this...

mix of 2 GNR coverbands on one stage....nice

A8R

I understand your concern dude but G2R and GNR were also connected back in 2006 when i was on the tour with them and that did New GNR no harm! Don't worry about it! It was all a charity kinda thing just for fun! Anyone wanting to slam it will already be anti New GNR or just jealous pricks. ;) All's cool we've all got some concerts to go see over the next few days! :thumbsup:

Edited by G2R_AXL

A8R

Ahem!! Bull!!A BAD idea!?! BBF & Frank did something good-I don't think they care in the slightest about the prospect of a handful of morons on a forum -yet again turning it into some kind of bitch fest & joke oppourtunity over the new line up compared to taking time out teaching some kids & making them feel good!!

-----@bumblefoot-Just spent a great day with Frank teaching and jamming with the young students at the Witchwood School Of Rock in Witney UK. Great kids! about 14 hours ago

:heart:

Maybe a better idea would have been that BBF & Frank jacked up on some smack-got totally fucked & shagged a couple of groupies in the Tower of London?

Edited by juadlu

A8R

Ahem!! Bull!!A BAD idea!?! BBF & Frank did something good-I don't think they care in the slightest about the prospect of a handful of morons on a forum -yet again turning it into some kind of bitch fest & joke oppourtunity over the new line up compared to taking time out teaching some kids & making them feel good!!

-----@bumblefoot-Just spent a great day with Frank teaching and jamming with the young students at the Witchwood School Of Rock in Witney UK. Great kids! about 14 hours ago

:heart:

Maybe a better idea would have been that BBF & Frank jacked up on some smack-got totally fucked & shagged a couple of groupies in the Tower of London?

Great post! You said it all!!

A8R

Really? It was just a bit of fun. Lighten up.

Awesome thing for them to do.

So...vids?

could take it or leave it, doubt it's gonna be any better than how Axl's band does them

Just to let you know Axl's band has a name...they are called Guns N' Roses.

that's one of the names used

have no idea what kind of drugs you take. they are simply Guns N' Roses or .......Guns N' Fuckin' Roses.

see?