Guns N' Roses 14th October 2010 w/ Special guest Duff Mckagan

GnRMatt

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man did anyone else have the dubious pleasure of standing near a deranged eastern european guy who was about 10 rows back?

He was short but stocky as hell, not sure if he was mentally deficient, on serious class A's or both.

He was dancing like a moron and singing unbelievebly badly so loudly that even at 10 rows back I could hear him more than the band.

+ he kept screwing up the lyrics don't cry became don't try and even Guns n Roses were is his head: Guns not Roses.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one to see him the crowd around him were giving him a wide berth.

Still a relatively small annoyance on what was otherwise a dabulous night.

Man did anyone else have the dubious pleasure of standing near a deranged eastern european guy who was about 10 rows back?

He was short but stocky as hell, not sure if he was mentally deficient, on serious class A's or both.

He was dancing like a moron and singing unbelievebly badly so loudly that even at 10 rows back I could hear him more than the band.

+ he kept screwing up the lyrics don't cry became don't try and even Guns n Roses were is his head: Guns not Roses.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one to see him the crowd around him were giving him a wide berth.

ha, i had this odd guy by me on the 13th, and i swear down that when there was a band jam he started singing a coldplay song

ha, i had this odd guy by me on the 13th, and i swear down that when there was a band jam he started singing a coldplay song

I think I was in the crazy Spanish section! I had a group of girls singing the wrong lyrics very loudly right in my ear! and on the left of me was some guy who kept using my shoulder as a camera tripod!... concert etiquette should be outlined clearly to these people!

Holy fuck! This is officially the best show I've ever been to! I'm lost for words.

I was sure I saw Duff's wife, and later Duff himself to the left of the stage earlier in the show. But of course I thought I was wrong.

I was not!! Omg, this is awesome. Two days of resting now, then Birmingham! Can't wait to se the guys again :D

Truly awesome show and totally made up for the debacle I saw in Dublin last month!

Got back home ridiculously late, but it was worth staying to see it all (only missed the stage bow at the very end) and to see Duff and Axl back on stage together was fantastic!

rock2

I was at both London shows, all I can say is WOW!!

I've seen the band many times, but nothing compares to the show they put on last night, fucking incredible performance!! And Duff appearing stage with no introduction was amazing, massive WTF moment.

Hope the rumors of an acoustic gig tonight are true, hope I'm able to get it in!

Is my video any better :tongue2:

Thank you for this video. Axl's broad smile at the end when he relates the story about the music coming from the end of the hallway and finding Duff, is priceless - the video is worth that moment alone.

It was also very cool to see Tommy Stinson pat Duff on the back and joke around with him.

It would be wonderful to have one, or all of Izzy, Duff and maybe even Slash join the current lineup and play for crowds (the reunion die hards can keep Sorum and Adler)..or maybe even have have them on their own separate tour with Axl - the way Sabbath would do with Dio, or join the new lineup where they handle one set of songs themselves.

But, I truly believe the new lineup here is to stay and would not give them up for anything. Tommy Stinson and Ron Blazing Bumblefoot on guitar have become essential parts of the GNR experience. As someone on here said, they along with those in the new lineup, both those who have stayed and those who have gone, have helped keep the band together, given us the beautiful music of Chinese Democracy and given Axl a new vigor and second wind. Very importantly, they've helped reintroduce the great music from the original lineup to many of those that I see on these boards, or who attend the live shows, who were born after the late 80's and early 90's. Every GNR fan, both old and new, include those who have only the word reunion on their minds, should be grateful to them.

GNR might just be one of those bands like Deep Purple that are destined to have many lineups. The only truly irreplaceable part is Axl.

Im going to my first Guns gig on Monday in Manchester im 32, just read Steven Adlers book great read, was wondering if anyone knows weather Duff will rock up at M.E.N on Monday, what do you think the chances are or is this a one off as im thinking it could be??

Oh My God!

Duff was onstage with Guns N' Roses, I had no idea! That's so cool.

I saw a picture of Duff onstage with GN'R, but I though it was just a photoshop.

Axl said in the Del James interview he would do something with Duff, but fuck! All we need now is Izzy to play at a concert with DUff there too. That may be the closest we get to a reunion. Unless Steven is at the venus.

What happened when Duff went on stage? Did Axl introduce him?

Edited by GNR123GNR456