GNR being fined for overruns at both London concerts

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3182753/Overruns-and-Roses-fined.html

Overruns and Roses fined

Published: Today

YOU can't teach an old dog new tricks - or GUNS N' ROSES for that matter.

The veteran rockers face a hefty fine after breaking two 11pm concert curfews.

They are notorious for shocking timekeeping and, true to form, overran with both their shows at the O2 arena in London this week - by a total of three hours.

LADY GAGA was the last star to break her 11pm curfew at the venue, by 25 mintues last February. She was in line for a £10,000 fine for the privilege - which worked out at £400 a minute.

By that calculation, Guns N' Roses could now be hit for £72,000.

An O2 spokesman confirmed that the promoters would incur a cost for the late finishes.

The venue was also forced to put on extra transport for fans after 20,000 concert-goers missed the last Tube home.

But it was a small price to pay for the surprise appearance onstage of original band member DUFF McKAGAN.

The bass guitarist joined frontman AXL ROSE for four hits, fuelling rumours of a reunion between the band that made debut album Appetite For Destruction.

An all-star line-up might be sooner than we think - Axl will need the extra cash if he continues to play past his bedtime.

But it was a small price to pay for the surprise appearance onstage of original band member DUFF McKAGAN.

The bass guitarist joined frontman AXL ROSE for four hits, fuelling rumours of a reunion between the band that made debut album Appetite For Destruction.

For Duff to join, someone would have to leave.

How much of a hit would 72000 pounds (100,000 dollars) be on net profit from one of these concerns?

anyone?

Depends. Each o2 would have generated about £100 000 in revenue even tho the 2nd show wasn't sold out, so thats £200 000

However minus licence fee and promoter fees. The band would get about £80 000 for both shows to split between the band , crew and managers. So 70 000 would sting like a bitch. Hence why acts don't overrun

Hope this helps, I do economics at Cambridge

Edited by yes i love you

How much of a hit would 72000 pounds (100,000 dollars) be on net profit from one of these concerns?

anyone?

Depends. Each o2 would have generated about £100 000 in revenue even tho the 2nd show wasn't sold out, so thats £200 000

However minus licence fee and promoter fees. The band would get about £80 000 for both shows to split between the band , crew and managers. So 70 000 would sting like a bitch. Hence why acts don't overrun

effectively Axl is being a massive drain on the resources of gnr, thanks

anyone?

Think these figures are a little off. 23,000 the arena holds tickets were £45 (minus all ticketmasters stuff although might be a little less going towards GNR than the full ticket price- Anybody know how much of the ticket price goes to the band?). So I'd hazard a guess that the total income from one night at the 02 would have been around the £700,000-800,000 mark each night but I have no idea how much the 02 would have charged for the use of the venue etc. etc.

72,000 I imagine would have been about a hefty figure but not as badly as the poster above just suggested.

Edited by Guest

anyone?

Think these figures are a little off. 23,000 the arena holds tickets were £45 (minus all ticketmasters stuff although might be a little less going towards GNR than the full ticket price- Anybody know how much of the ticket price goes to the band?). So I'd hazard a guess that the total income from one night at the 02 would have been around the £700,000-800,000 mark each night but I have no idea how much the 02 would have charged for the use of the venue etc. etc.

72,000 I imagine would have been about a hefty figure but not as badly as the poster above just suggested.

Sorry to correct you, but I've done corporate events economics as a module salt Cambridge university and I can assure you that the guns n roses plc would not have any more than £60 000 net profit per night (once the bills to everyone had bern paid so to soeak)for the o2 gigs (. Especially as one was half full) sorry but that's just the truth.

And playing a night at the o2 arena costs A LOT. More so than

Most London venues.

Edited by yes i love you

anyone?

Sorry to correct you, but I've done corporate events economics as a module salt Cambridge university and I can assure you that the guns n roses plc would not have any more than £60 000 per night for the o2 gigs (. Especially as one was half full) sorry but that's just the truth.

Most London venues.

You're delusional. And the second night was also sold-out.

anyone?

Sorry to correct you, but I've done corporate events economics as a module salt Cambridge university and I can assure you that the guns n roses plc would not have any more than £60 000 net profit per night (once the bills to everyone had bern paid so to soeak)for the o2 gigs (. Especially as one was half full) sorry but that's just the truth.

Most London venues.

So you're saying that per night Axl and the boys make around 60k profit to split between themselves, the support act, the roadies, the techies etc. Oh and of course, they haven't even paid the fees for playing late yet have they. So they make what- 24k profit?

Wow- almost not worth it. I wonder why they even bother touring :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that they earn a huge bomb especially with all the lavish set and pyro and the late fees but they're certainly making more profit than that.

Edited by Guest