Chinese Democracy mentioned in "How I met your mother"

SL138

Barney's theory - new is always better -

Ted - And when youre at a guns n roses concert, youre like yeah yeah paradise city whatever... When are they gonna rock me with some Chinese democracy

Barney - Axl has really matured as a songwriter Ted

There's another one when the blonde girl gets a mugshot and it's written "set car on fire after 2009 guns n' roses concert".

Obviously the writers of the show didn't do their homework, otherwise that blonde girl which apparently has no money would have afforded a trip to Asia and burnt a poor asian's car :rofl-lol:

I used to like that show, I watched this episode just for this mention haha. But it's not as good as it was back in S1 and S2, it's become too predictacble (i knew ted was gonna say "i'm batman"... damn it so predictable) and they don't know what to do with the female characters who basicaly sit down and laugh at whatever joke barney and ted are gonna throw.

Was worth it though.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

:lol:

The guy who plays Barney the man whore is gay in real life.

Saw an ad for a programme called the middle a few months ago amd I'm sure the kid I'd called Axl. Anyone know if he's named after our Axl?

Oh my fucking god, did anyone watch the very last shot of this episode?? You can clearly see the old naked man's balls :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Hahahahaha how the hell did this happen, who edited this?

Edit: about Californication, I know they mentioned CD in S1, David's character said how he wanted his book to be released before Chinese Democracy, but since the album finally came out, did they ever mention it again? I find it funny how these shows mention GNR quite often.

By the way, it's not the first time How I met Your Mother mentioned GNR, I clearly remember an episode where an ex boyfriend of Robin printed the lyrics of Novemebr Rain to read them aloud to Robin so he could get her back :rofl-lol: "Okay I'm gonna sing you song called November Rain by W. Axl Rose". Classic.

Edited by D..

Californiacation has alot of Chinese Democracy / GNR mentions.

Someone behind that show is a big fan. They even used a Stinson solo song in one of the first season eps.

Edit: about Californication, I know they mentioned CD in S1, David's character said how he wanted his book to be released before Chinese Democracy, but since the album finally came out, did they ever mention it again? I find it funny how these shows mention GNR quite often.

Ashby says something about Slash in S2 and there are scattered references to the band. It's very much a rock n' roll-geared show (even the title is copped from that RHCP song) with tons of references to bands - one of the things I kinda dig about it.

A lot of TV and film writers grew up on GNR. In "Californication"? Slayer, Springsteen, and Zevon references. I'm sure some of that's the creator as well as Duchovny's own taste in music they've gone off of.

Even writers for the president will throw pop culture references into the speeches they're working on. Obama threw a Hendrix one in his.

Yeah. I still remeber that part about November Rain in a wedding scene. It was years ago, but that guy who wanted Lilly so bad quoted for her few lines from november rain if Im not wrong. Than when they were talking about how big jerk he was robin was like "but its a pretty good song" or something like that. I guess there is a GNR fan in the writers camp of HIMYM.

That's true I pretty much slept through It's So Easy and Brownstone. They were nice but I got interested when they started doing TWAT and ITW.

I found that the songs I was most pumped for were Knockin', Nightrain, Whole Lotta Rosie, This I Love, Shacklers and Sweet Child.

The bore of the night for me really was Better. That song has just faded on me in the past year or so.

Ted - And when youre at a guns n roses concert, youre like yeah yeah paradise city whatever... When are they gonna rock me with some Chinese democracy

It's funny how obvious the irony here must be to the mainstream - but the hardcore fan, on the other hand, has to think twice about the meaning...because that was exactly my thought when I saw them...

It's funny how obvious the irony here must be to the mainstream - but the hardcore fan, on the other hand, has to think twice about the meaning...

nah, i really don't.

That's ok too.

But.. ha, a non-ironic comment from you? I really had to think twice about THAT one! :D

may i add, that this show is absolutely fuckin' terrible.

the flamboyantly gay guy that plays the suit wearing womaniser is some seriously bizarre casting.

and the faggy lead character that's looking for a wife is the most boring individual i've ever seen on tv. i think his name is ted?

the flamboyantly gay guy that plays the suit wearing womaniser is some seriously bizarre casting.

and the faggy lead character that's looking for a wife is the most boring individual i've ever seen on tv. i think his name is ted?

Homophobic, much?

Any one notice how the name of the episode is : Architect of Destruction

That's pushing it but I suppose it's slightly similar.

and that Ted is hoping to design the new headquarters fro GNB.

That's just stupid and clutching at straws. It stands for Goliath National Bank.

Anyone notice how the main character is called Ted? Ted has three letters. Axl has three letters. Oh my god.

not sure if youre serious or not, but i agree.

i cant stand this show anymore. ted has the charisma of a walnut.